GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i am so sorry for your horrible experiences.

Please don’t take offense to this as it is something that has helped me. One way to look at the egative events of the past is however horrible it was, it is one of the many ingredients that made you who you are today. Part of your Inner strength is a direct by product. If you like the person you have become it makes it easier to let go of some of the anger from the past by thinking of it as just another ingredient. (At least is has worked for me. Allowing me to move beyond some of the anger that hurt no one but me)

Thank you grouchymom ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...hort-life-neglect-says-childs-uncl/821932001/
Interview with ZK's brother, DK, who lives in Mississippi. ZK was raised strict Mennonite, and started using drugs as a teenager, according to his brother. "DK, 31, of Clarksville, Mississippi, said his brother Zachary grew up in nearby McIntire with three siblings and strict Mennonite parents." "His brother began using drugs as a teenager, DK said. He later married and divorced, and has a 7-year-old child that lives with Koehn’s parents in Oklahoma."
ZK's brother said, “I talked to Zach a lot. He did have concerns about the child being taken care of while he was gone," DKsaid. "He’d call and say the baby wasn’t changed for a week when he wasn’t home. ... "

ZK's brother spoke with ZK in jail. ZK "was happy to see that citizens were coming to the jail to pray for him.
“He told me, ‘I think the public realizes I’m not as bad a person as they think,' " DK said.
“But I told him, ‘No, people do that all the time. They come to prison to pray for prisoners. This is serious. It will be a miracle for you to get out of jail.’"

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...hort-life-neglect-says-childs-uncl/821932001/
Interview with ZK's brother, DK, who lives in Mississippi. ZK was raised strict Mennonite, and started using drugs as a teenager, according to his brother. "DK, 31, of Clarksville, Mississippi, said his brother Zachary grew up in nearby McIntire with three siblings and strict Mennonite parents." "His brother began using drugs as a teenager, DK said. He later married and divorced, and has a 7-year-old child that lives with Koehn’s parents in Oklahoma."
ZK's brother said, “I talked to Zach a lot. He did have concerns about the child being taken care of while he was gone," DKsaid. "He’d call and say the baby wasn’t changed for a week when he wasn’t home. ... "

ZK's brother spoke with ZK in jail. ZK "was happy to see that citizens were coming to the jail to pray for him.
“He told me, ‘I think the public realizes I’m not as bad a person as they think,' " DK said.
“But I told him, ‘No, people do that all the time. They come to prison to pray for prisoners. This is serious. It will be a miracle for you to get out of jail.’"

Wonder if “Mom” was on drug binges while “dad” was out of town? He is just as responsible, if you think your baby hasn’t had a diaper change while you were gone.... wouldn’t you do something about it? Jesus
I don’t know... just my opinion

Wonder if “Mom” was on drug binges while “dad” was out of town? He is just as responsible, if you think your baby hasn’t had a diaper change while you were gone.... wouldn’t you do something about it? Jesus

Yes, you absolutely would. ....

And "I think the public realizes I’m not as bad a person as they think"
WTF? :gaah: This is all on you, both of you. These *******s never take responsibility do they? :notgood:

He would be just as responsible. An infant in a dirty diaper for A WEEK? His diaper rash could be deadly in one week's time. I cannot believe a mother could leave a child in the same diaper for a week? Ugh. That is unforgivable, just that by itself.

Let alone the fact that if he wasn't changed, then he wasn't held, fed or even paid any attention to in all that time either. Poor sweet baby boy. :rose:

So the uncle knew that the baby wasn't being changed for a week and he didn't do anything about it? He didn't call CPS? If CPS had gone to the home to see Sterling then he could have been saved.

Is ZK slow? Honestly, I don't see how he could view it (the aftermath) this way unless he's delusional or somewhat slow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think what happened to Sterling is even more horrific, knowing that other adults (allegedly) had information about Sterling's neglect and DID NOTHING. I was thinking it was a case where the parents isolated themselves and no one knew and it escalated out of control.
I hold the "father" even more accountable, because he (allegedly) was rational enough to complain and worry, yet he DID NOTHING.
Let's say he got back from a week of driving truck, asked CH how Sterling was, she said he'd been fed earlier, he went to check on him and found him dead. They then waited an hour to call for help. And he stayed with CH, got tattoos, posted a lot on facebook, and tried to make himself the victim (poor dad can't see his daughter). He KNEW Sterling was being neglected, and did nothing. In my book, that's about as bad as being in a drug-addicted landslide and neglecting your child to death.

Is ZK slow? Honestly, I don't see how he could view it (the aftermath) this way unless he's delusional or somewhat slow.

I am betting that, in his own mind, he has made himself out to be the victim. He didn't kill Sterling, he didn't neglect him, CH did. So he is "innocent" in his mind. If he started dong drugs in his teens, he arrested his development at that very self-centered stage of development.

People who use meth have a really distorted viewpoint. I don't think they remember things they did, or what was happening around them while bingeing. I have some first hand experience with a family member. It was scary stuff, let me tell you.

O/T: I want a "house" rabbit so much and am trying to educate myself about them before I get one..I don't even know where to get one in IA and I would definitely chose a "rescue" rabbit first. That said, I'm posting this before I read the post that I requested and CValdez linked for me about a boy named Chance. I keep asking myself why I read about these poor babies, and I think it's because I feel better in my own way that I mourn and pray for them. Someone loved them and that is me (and everyone one of us on this websight, care and would have loved them and grieve for them. Their little lives mattered to us.

I will never be without a continental giant now, she I more like a dog or cat. That's how I feel about following these cases. All I can do is bear witness and see justice served for them.

People who use meth have a really distorted viewpoint. I don't think they remember things they did, or what was happening around them while bingeing. I have some first hand experience with a family member. It was scary stuff, let me tell you.
I understand. But by aftermath, I actually meant what he thinks is happening now, how people are viewing him and the situation.

It's strange. And then when you factor in his posts on Facebook in the months after along with what his brother says about this conversation - wow.

Permanent damage from drugs? Or just never had a good grasp on reality, morality, etc. Seems to think this is something that happened to HIM, and that he has no responsibility for it.

I haven't had my coffee yet, so I'm kind of rambling, but hopefully you'll see what I'm getting at. I guess whoever mentioned arrested development may be right.

This article is difficult to read due to the "pay" screen (they don't allow a number of free articles before getting the pay screen), but you can read the article around it if you are determined.
http://www.charlescitypress.com/site/news/general/2017/11/03/219728/

From this article, their arraignment is Nov. 14th at 9 am in Chickasaw County District Court.
The beginning of the article talks about why they took 2 months to file charges. In summary: They wanted to have an air tight case, and the forensics took a long time to get back. But the forensics supported stiffer charges, so it was worth the wait.

so he was raised Mennonite. is that what Leanne on OITNB was?

extremely sheltered? also he was adopted.. possibly he was drug exposed in utero?

im thinking that CK was the one actively neglecting him and he paid no attn. I see him ratting her out.

I am betting that, in his own mind, he has made himself out to be the victim. He didn't kill Sterling, he didn't neglect him, CH did. So he is "innocent" in his mind. If he started dong drugs in his teens, he arrested his development at that very self-centered stage of development.

extremely sheltered? also he was adopted.. possibly he was drug exposed in utero?

I have not seen MSM info about him being adopted. Do you have anything? There was unsubstantiated info that ZK was from California, but it was actually just people sleuthing online finding a ZK of the right age who was from California. Wrong family, wrong info. ZK's brother did not say anything about adoption, either. Will be interesting to see what comes out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back