GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep..you're right. I am sick and sad and will cry..I hope his "parents" are clean now and realize (and I'm not so sure that parents do feel guilt when they get clean because they are told that "it was the addiction, it's not your fault, it's the drugs.blah,blah,blah, been there.it is their fault and I hope they are in prison and never forget what they did..moo

Chances "mom" died by suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chance's mother took the chicken way out . She took a plea and rolled over her husband blaming him for Chances death then killed herself while in jail.

Hmm Chance was last seen by his maternal grandmother September 2015, and his mother killed herself in September 2016.

Dear dad was facing a first-degree felony murder charge, and he pled out to a seventy five year life sentence.

Yep..you're right. I am sick and sad and will cry..I hope his "parents" are clean now and realize (and I'm not so sure that parents do feel guilt when they get clean because they are told that "it was the addiction, it's not your fault, it's the drugs.blah,blah,blah, been there.it is their fault and I hope they are in prison and never forget what they did..moo

His mom committed suicide in jail and the dad got 75 years. I wept for that baby when I read the police reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. Yeah, I'm getting the sense that baby Sterling wasn't being fed or changed - or cared about - for a while.
7 pounds at autopsy? Even considering weight loss due to dehydration that's a very low number.

My guess (MOO) is that mom and dad were too high to notice his distress. Reminds me of the movie Trainspotting. Poor little thing. :tears:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...tting-swing-parents-charged-murder/802439001/

BBM
These two donors just did not care. They did not care before or after, just for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ts51 View Post
O/T but who was baby Chance and do I really want to know? tia

Yes ts51, if you do not know who Baby Chance was it is always good to at least see who they were and if you want to know the horrible details that is up to you.

Chance was a beautiful baby boy from Florida who was unfortunately born to spawns of the devil himself.
I am glad I got to know this wee one if only in spirit because he born for a reason, and I do not believe that reason was to be killed.
He was born to have a place in this world, and for a short while given a chance to live, grow and thrive, but that sadly that did not happen because of the parents whom he did not choose, he will always be 7 weeks old.
I think of Baby Chance often as I have a special place in my heart for the children who did not have a chance and were not loved.
Baby-Chance-1446036928.jpg

Sorry for being off topic

Another story out of North Carolina: A North Carolina couple is charged with felony child abuse after maggots were found in the diaper of an 18-month-old baby, one of seven children in their care. Officers performing a welfare check at a home last Friday discovered seven children all under the age of 6 that were malnourished and unclean.

http://www.wral.com/police-18-month-old-child-found-with-maggots-in-diaper/17071227/

Another story out of North Carolina: A North Carolina couple is charged with felony child abuse after maggots were found in the diaper of an 18-month-old baby, one of seven children in their care. Officers performing a welfare check at a home last Friday discovered seven children all under the age of 6 that were malnourished and unclean.

http://www.wral.com/police-18-month-old-child-found-with-maggots-in-diaper/17071227/

:censored: :gaah:

I just came to this thread after days of being unsure if I really want to read about it (still unsure) and within seconds there is this other case that pops up. WTF is happening???? I've asked it before on these threads somewhere... but when did people stop thinking their children are precious?!

SMH.

I have never regretted calling the police or CPS when I have noticed something of concern. I called the police once to have them notify CPS once, and afterwards, the father went up and down the street to all the neighbors asking angrily if any of them had been the one who reported them. He seemed so violent even in how he did this and I remember thinking that if CPS had been called on me, I surely would not want to announce that to the world. It actually made me feel even more like I had done the right thing.

They moved shortly after and I worried about the child. But I at least knew that their record with CPS would follow them in case things continued to go down hill.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A few months back I'm at the daycare to collect the kids at closing time and this little girl comes up to me and tells me something about her Dad (along with a hand action) that quite honestly horrified me and my sister (who is the boss at this daycare) (I won't repeat it here but it indicated something sexual and that she was locked in her bedroom until "the big hand was in the yellow" - which I assume means a certain time). And my sister reported this to CPS who also asked me about what the child had said.

Within days the Dad of this little girl called the daycare and told my sister that he was going to ruin her reputation and the business in return for "ruining his name." A few days after that, the girl was taken out of the daycare, abruptly, and my sister hasn't seen her since.

We were informed (or my sister was) that CPS had followed up and was remaining in contact with the family so we don't know anymore. But when they first bought this little girl and her baby brother to the daycare they insisted on getting the children started quickly as they had to leave their previous daycare abruptly and didn't specify why. So I have a feeling that something of a similar nature had happened there too.

I often think of her and ask my sister all of the time if she has heard anything, not that she will be allowed to be told, but it worries me what happened to her and I do not regret that call was made and that I spoke with CPS.

:censored: :gaah:

I just came to this thread after days of being unsure if I really want to read about it (still unsure) and within seconds there is this other case that pops up. WTF is happening???? I've asked it before on these threads somewhere... but when did people stop thinking their children are precious?!

SMH.
At some point after the 80s, according to an article I posted in Sherin's case. Seriously, the number of children killed by parents has gone up significantly.

A few months back I'm at the daycare to collect the kids at closing time and this little girl comes up to me and tells me something about her Dad (along with a hand action) that quite honestly horrified me and my sister (who is the boss at this daycare) (I won't repeat it here but it indicated something sexual and that she was locked in her bedroom until "the big hand was in the yellow" - which I assume means a certain time). And my sister reported this to CPS who also asked me about what the child had said.

Within days the Dad of this little girl called the daycare and told my sister that he was going to ruin her reputation and the business in return for "ruining his name." A few days after that, the girl was taken out of the daycare, abruptly, and my sister hasn't seen her since.

We were informed (or my sister was) that CPS had followed up and was remaining in contact with the family so we don't know anymore. But when they first bought this little girl and her baby brother to the daycare they insisted on getting the children started quickly as they had to leave their previous daycare abruptly and didn't specify why. So I have a feeling that something of a similar nature had happened there too.

I often think of her and ask my sister all of the time if she has heard anything, not that she will be allowed to be told, but it worries me what happened to her and I do not regret that call was made and that I spoke with CPS.
Did your sister mention to CPS that they seemed to have abruptly left a previous daycare? Asking because she may not have thought to do so at the time, being focused on the current issue. But I would not assume that whatever happened at the previous daycare was reported to CPS. Therefore, I would personally make sure that CPS was aware of this so they could question the previous daycare as well.

Did your sister mention to CPS that they seemed to have abruptly left a previous daycare? Asking because she may not have thought to do so at the time, being focused on the current issue. But I would not assume that whatever happened at the previous daycare was reported to CPS. Therefore, I would personally make sure that CPS was aware of this so they could question the previous daycare as well.

Yes, she did. They asked if she knew the details of the previous daycare, which she did as it was local, so I assume they made contact with them. Desperate to know what became of their findings but guess we'll never know.

Such a sweet little face. She looked so innocent when she said what she said. Don't think I'll ever forget it.

My sister has reported to CPS a number of times in her 16 years at that one daycare but this was my first rodeo. Don't think I'll ever forget or stop wondering.

O/T: I want a "house" rabbit so much and am trying to educate myself about them before I get one..I don't even know where to get one in IA and I would definitely chose a "rescue" rabbit first. That said, I'm posting this before I read the post that I requested and CValdez linked for me about a boy named Chance. I keep asking myself why I read about these poor babies, and I think it's because I feel better in my own way that I mourn and pray for them. Someone loved them and that is me (and everyone one of us on this websight, care and would have loved them and grieve for them. Their little lives mattered to us.

I have a free roaming rescue bunny who allows me to live in his house.

attachment.php
FYI. a good reference

Attachments

• A9CD25D3-9417-453F-AE8D-02F4263464ED.jpeg
    A9CD25D3-9417-453F-AE8D-02F4263464ED.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 340
Not 100% sure on how FB works but with the number of hate comments I had seen on his FB I wondered if FB would make the page unavailable on their own or if someone would have to deactivate the account.

Could also be that LE has taken over the account as evidence. Not sure how often that happens, but in this case I think the photos and such were very telling of how these parents were "grieving" and people putting out fake post comments etc could make room for the defense to say that it was all "faked" by haters.

Just my thoughts

Brendt Christensen’s facebook is still active, he has several thousand hate comments.

Just a reminder for tomorrow:

Wednesday, November 2nd:
*Arraignment Hearing - IA - Sterling Daniel Koehn (4 mos old) (found Aug. 30, 2017 decomposing & covered in maggots in swing) - Cheyanne Renae Harris (20) & Zachary Paul Koehn (28) - arrested & charged with 1st degree murder & child endangerment. $100K Cash bond each.

:judge:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty7766