GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry....vomit...I thought I've seen it all.....but still crazier things are happening......

Thank you for your “still believe in the human race” signature. Despite all of the cases here, if we fail to understand this...all is lost.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

IM having issues posting a pic, but here’s a link to a preemie growth chart. Must be a typo and they meant 24”
http://cdn2.momjunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Chart.jpg

From the criminal complaint:

On the morning of August 31, 2017, the body of
Sterling Daniel Koehn underwent an autopsy at the State Medical Examiner's office in Ankeny, Iowa. At the time of the autopsy it was learned that the
infant had died at a weight of 3152 grams (under seven pounds) and was 35.5 centimeters in length (14 inches). Both these measurements placed the
infant at well below the 5th percentile in size and weight.

https://localtvwhotv.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/harris_cheyanne_criminal_complaint_murder.pdf

Baby had a better chance if they let their other toddler care for him.
I hope she is ok. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought baby Chance was as bad as it could possibly get.
Wrong. Wrong!

Miss Sort of a Female Human person actually looks pleased in her mugshot. I want to throw up.

That poor sweet baby.

Reactions: d4j
No, you’re not imagining it; she looks like she’s trying really hard to fight off the swallowed a canary look. The liar’s smile, I believe it’s called.

The dude looks indignant; like they’re messing up his day.

Gross.

Harris is also reportedly being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder. Further information on that condition was not provided in the report.

Though the criminal complaints show Harris and Koehn lived together in Alta Vista when their baby died, the court filings in Harris' case indicate she lived in Riceville with her parents at the time of her arrest.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...tting-swing-parents-charged-murder/802439001/
PTSD, is that her future defense? Not being flippant, I really want to know if there is something in her history.

I'm also confused regarding the care of their little girl. She's really chubby and seems well taken care of?

So was it just the dad and Sterling at the apartment??

So was it just the dad and Sterling at the apartment??

They were just arrested two days ago. Sterling died 8/30 (or at least that is when these two idiots called for him)
Per his FB page, on 8/30 they took their daughter and their phones away from them, and they moved into a motel. It sounds like sometime after that, she left and moved in with her parents.

They were just arrested two days ago. Sterling died 8/30 (or at least that is when these two idiots called for him)
Per his FB page, on 8/30 they took their daughter and their phones away from them, and they moved into a motel. It sounds like sometime after that, she left and moved in with her parents.
Ahhhhh I see what I did. Thank you.

It seems like they left him in that room since he was born, being that he only weighed seven pounds. Like it was their plan all along. I wonder if the tox screen om autopsy shows. Ugh ugh ugh!!!

Yeah, I missed the seven pounds part the first time around. I’m speechless that no family or anyone stepped in or reported concerns[emoji35] My first child was more than 20lbs by 4mo. and all five of mine had at the least doubled their birth weight by 3-4mo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My youngest is 11 so I don't remember all the ages for baby check ups, but shouldn't there have been some doctor visits in there somewhere?

My youngest is 11 so I don't remember all the ages for baby check ups, but shouldn't there have been some doctor visits in there somewhere?
I seem to remember the first visit was about a week or two out. I think I had to take my son sooner and more often for a bit. He was a preemie, 5 weeks early. Even then he weighed 5 lbs 10 oz. The doctors thought I had mixed up my dates until he started having some of the normal preemie problems.

Court records filed in this case show both Harris and Koehn have reported "a history of substance abuse," specifically methamphetamine use.

This story/tragedy should become part of the Meth: Not Even Once campaign.

I don't even have words. I wish I hadn't opened this thread, honestly.

A 4 month old baby is still pretty new/exciting.... There were no family members in the area who came to visit or asked about seeing the baby recently?

Yes. I don’t know if it’s the same everywhere, but yes regardless. Here it’s 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months and 3 months then again at 6 months. That’s assuming all is well. I’ve been at the docs and heard the nurses/receptionists on the phone insisting that well baby checkups are not optional and that the parent on the other end has to bring the baby in or it will be reported. I don’t know if that happens everywhere, but it does here.

I am sick about this. That poor little baby and the suffering he did.

its hard to understand how this could have gone on, why the little girl was cared for and such terrible neglect for the baby?

I know this is not the first time in a family where one is singled out to be mistreated, I just can’t wrap my brain around it.

No, you’re not imagining it; she looks like she’s trying really hard to fight off the swallowed a canary look. The liar’s smile, I believe it’s called.

The dude looks indignant; like they’re messing up his day.

Gross.

Duper's Delight= liars smile
Disgusting...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member