Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I think it's impossible to know the extent of his role as a "caretaker" for his mom. If I were trying to raise the alarm that a child has gone missing, I would stress that he was very unlikely to just walk away on a whim.
Communicating that he had a close, caring relationship with his mom is one way to strengthen that narrative and give media a "hook," so to speak.
In cases where the missing is not an attractive, middle-class teen girl, it's always helpful to appeal to the public with details about the character of the missing person.

His role as caretaker may have been limited to helping with the prosthesis and taking out the trash. Unless I missed it, there's been no release of the daily duties he was performing. IMO
Yes I agree. We do not know what daily duties he was performing. I read in previous posts or articles that ‘he was her 3rd leg’ and ‘he was her primary caretaker’.

Maybe he was last seen on his bike, but then returned home and left again (disappeared) without the bike. IMO
Part of me wonders if the original quite stating that he was seen with his bike was just a miscommunication or misunderstanding somehow. ...another part of me wonders though, if he was last seen with **advertiser censored* bike, and *his* bikes were at home, where could he have gotten the bike he was seen with? But if LE hasn't been asking neighbors in the area if anyone has noticed a missing bike, then I'm guessing LE doesn't have this same question though. And that brings me back to the thought that the original statement stemmed from a misunderstanding somehow.

My kid would go to school in his pj's if he could, he regularly plays outside with them on if i dont catch him fast enough with clothes!

Oh, yeah, when I pick my boys from high school tons of kids are wearing PJ bottoms. The girls especially, it seems like the school uniform is t-shirt, PJ bottoms, and flip-flops.

Yeah, but the neighbors hadn't seen him at all that morning, so he wasn't seen by one of them. If he was near the family home, who does that leave?

Also, didn't LE later say they didn't actually know if he had his bike? That bike thing bothers me a lot. Not that they're unsure of it, but because they WERE sure of it and then backpedaled so quickly.

Also, so if LE says no one was at the house that night according to whomever... what about in the morning when the mom was refusing to call LE?
bbm
Good point.

"Hundreds of volunteers searched for Xavior over Memorial Day weekend.

[Iowa DCI agent]Mortvedt said investigators are confident that he is not in the area.

“Every moment that goes by it's more and more suspicious and concerning, obviously, but we haven't ruled anything out,” Mortvedt said."

Confident he's not in the area? That's a very bold and broad thing to say while actively looking for a lost child. So is that the same as saying he believes Xavier was snatched?

Every moment it gets more and more suspicious? Odd word choice...concerning I can see but saying it's getting suspicious seems to be a more pointed choice of word. Pointed at whom is still anyone's guess.

Xavior Harrelson missing for 6th day
bbm
Exactly.
Strange wording from the start !
As if he was a 21 year old LE were looking for -- and not a vulnerable child of 10 years.
How would they be sure of this ?

And has it been discussed (could not find it, sorry) if SAR dogs were used to determine if he walked away or left by car ?

I keep thinking 11 yrs. old but the title of this thread says 10.
MOO

I totally understand. My tweens liked to have endless discussions about why we were wrong and they were right about most of the things we told them. :rolleyes:

But even though we had lots of 'arguments'---our neighbours never heard YELLING every night.

Maybe a few door slams here and there---but never long loud fights that could be heard next door. I think that is a red flag. Especially when it was just Mom and her 11 yr old.

Most of our arguments involved my kids fighting with each other and then hubby and/or I trying to get them to stop arguing.
bbm
Ita.
This wasn't the occasional disagreement, and it seems there was an ongoing conflict ?
Imo.

bbm
Exactly.
Strange wording from the start !
As if he was a 21 year old LE were looking for -- and not a vulnerable child of 10 years.
How would they be sure of this ?

And has it been discussed (could not find it, sorry) if SAR dogs were used to determine if he walked away or left by car ?

I keep thinking 11 yrs. old but the title of this thread says 10.
MOO
Yes, K-9's were used - I remember a report that they were used inside the home as well but this is the first article I came across:

Authorities re-evaluating search for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma
Since the boy’s disappearance, Mortvedt said authorities have deployed people, dogs, horses, all-terrain vehicles, drones, aircraft, heat sensors and divers.

ETA: @LietKynes, see below - this is the one I was looking for.

Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues (kcrg.com)
Neighbors said there were weekly “screaming matches” between Xavior Harrelson and his mother, Sarah, in their home. The same home was searched with K9 units along with the entire trailer park on Tuesday.

. .... if he was last seen with **advertiser censored* bike, and *his* bikes were at home, where could he have gotten the bike he was seen with?

That is a good theory. Someone could have trapped him with a child's bike. Simply tell him that their son left the bike there and would he follow them to the house on the bike to bring it back home. An 11 year old would not think the bike could just be thrown in the trunk. This child is a natural born helper. Certainly he would help out without question. He could have road the bike to someone's home nearby and willingly went inside to be paid or whatever other reason. He may have road the bike into a garage to find the door close behind him. He very well could have been seen on a bike, just not his bike. Excellent thinking outside the box.

As far as his mom goes, it is very good to not put her out there in public and to not put her name out there because of her history. Sadly, people will automatically assume she did something because of her social status and criminal history. That would cause them to stop looking for her son because they think they already solved the case and have the guilty party. That may not even be close to the truth. Someone's social status, health issues, mental issues, problems with addictions and being prone to drama doesn't automatically Mean they are quilty. Maybe no one has ever given her the benefit of the doubt so she has had to defend herself her entire life. Maybe someone should step up and be the family spokesperson and put an end to the confusion and give this family back some dignity in this troubling time. Maybe she just doesn't Know what she doesn't know.

But on the flip side, she could completely know what happened to her son. I tend to observe with kindness until I know more. This case is hitting close to home for me. It reminds me a lot of the situation my estranged daughter has my 3 year old grandson in. She leaves him alone with her new husband who is a convicted sex offender. He has isolated her from anyone that cares about her and tried to protect them. Sorry for going off topic.

OT - @Angleena I assume you have notified CPS and law enforcement where she lives, in case he's not allowed to be near children? IMO.

Back On Topic - It's so sad Xavior is still missing, and I just hope he is not suffering. It would be so helpful to hear his mother's side of the story. But I guess sometimes the public doesn't get to have that.

This young man was there on that fateful evening, and by the next morning, it appears he was gone. I don't buy it for a second that he ran away. I don't see any convincing evidence that he was seen the next day in the trailer park. I'm sensing something occurred overnight, and under cover of darkness, he was removed from the trailer park.

The final chapter in this saga will very likely not have a positive ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper