Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this information as I always assumed that once FBI was involved that they would take the lead as they have more experience. If I were a parent of a missing child I would want the FBI to take the lead, can that be requested or is it county or state dictated?

For the FBI to "take over" a case, there have to be particular criteria met...such as evidence of a federal interstate crime, murder of a law enforcement official, evidence of interstate drug trafficking, etc. They can't take over a case just because it is serious, because the victims family requested it, or because the local jurisdiction seems inexperienced/is not making progress.

What they can do is participate as an investigative partner in a situation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate kidnapping aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will offer assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory. But any case would remain the jurisdiction of the local agency unless one of those specific federal crimes were uncovered.

We know that Xavior's mom is am amputee and depended on him for help. Considering that we know she has moved, some of the untidiness in the home may be packing; we have no idea if this was a planned thing or sudden. We have no idea if she had other mobility issues and may have had trouble with housework and I'd say it's safe to say she didn't have the means for help, either through insurance or income.

I find it disturbing that so many judgments are being made about Xavior's living environment when we really know very little about it at all.

Every picture we've seen of Xavior, he looks clean, he's not dressed like a street urchin, and he's smiling.

All MOO

We know that Xavior's mom is am amputee and depended on him for help. Considering that we know she has moved, some of the untidiness in the home may be packing; we have no idea if this was a planned thing or sudden. We have no idea if she had other mobility issues and may have had trouble with housework and I'd say it's safe to say she didn't have the means for help, either through insurance or income.

I find it disturbing that so many judgments are being made about Xavior's living environment when we really know very little about it at all.

Every picture we've seen of Xavior, he looks clean, he's not dressed like a street urchin, and he's smiling.

All MOO
Good people can and do live in bad places.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

We don't yet know how much his mother participated in searching, how much she was capable of participating, the reasons for "moving," or if she actually "moved" rather than going to stay with family for support.
All IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I’m not literally being the devil’s advocate here…
- A move may have been pre-planned.
- Many landlords simply can’t afford to leave a lot vacant, regardless of a tenant’s circumstances. Not all landlords are big corporations who can afford to absorb the cost of an empty lot. Theresa Balboa’s apartment is already listed for rent.
- Some people are very private (Alan White’s husband comes to mind) and know how cruel people can be. Dulce Alavez’s pregnant mother was blasted for accepting a slice of pizza.
- If certain violent acts happened in the residence, they would have been discovered. There’s no place to hide and a disabled adult would surely not be able to manage a perfect clean-up, IMO.

Victim Friendly Reminder:
There have been no named POI’s in this case. Casting shade at family members or posting judgmental remarks about their home is not acceptable. Be kind. The focus should be on young Xavior and the search for him.

Thanks for your contributions and understanding.

Last edited:

All MOO

Do we know how long Xavior and his Mom lived in that trailer park. I do see the house as messy, but no judgement from me. It looks like they were packing or maybe half unpacked as if they moved there recently. His Mom was an amputee and also other health issues. Maybe it was hard for her to keep the house in order. Or she was just a messy person. My mom did not have any health issues and was very messy. Messy does not mean unclean or anything else nefarious.

To be honest a messy house means nothing to me, there's a difference between messy and dirty. My house can be messy but we don't live in filth. My main thing is my children and grandchildren are happy and healthy and have clean clothes and a healthy diet and they have fun in my house. MOO

To be honest a messy house means nothing to me, there's a difference between messy and dirty. My house can be messy but we don't live in filth. My main thing is my children and grandchildren are happy and healthy and have clean clothes and a healthy diet and they have fun in my house. MOO

Not everyone keeps a “better homes & garden” style home. How messy a house is does not determine how well a child is cared for and loved. Honestly, I would be very surprised if the house was in pristine condition because the mother has an obvious disability and X is young.

Not everyone keeps a “better homes & garden” style home. How messy a house is does not determine how well a child is cared for and loved. Honestly, I would be very surprised if the house was in pristine condition because the mother has an obvious disability and X is young.

Just adding space and covid to disability and X’s age. More time spent in house = more mess IMO. Trailer homes don’t have much storage space either. But I don’t think clutter is a good measure of care.

To the best of my knowledge, LE hasn’t even mentioned a potential foul play scenario or possible locations - even in general terms - where Xavier could possibly have been abducted. I know they say they’re open to any and all possibilities but it sure doesn’t seem like any scenario where Xavier left involuntarily is supported.

A home can be a clue, not a definitive statement.

A tidy home can indicate someone interested in hosting guests, someone who enjoys organizing, someone who is self-disciplined with good habits, someone who isn't home often or who doesn't have kids. It can also indicate, given different circumstances, someone who is controlling, obsessive, and/or materialistic. You can't tell just by one photograph of an immacuate home....but given other information, you might start to see how a tidy home reflects the person taking care of it.

Same with a messy home. The untidiness might be due to a move, busy time of life, small space, priorities in other places, laid-back attitude, lack of skills, physical impairment. It could also a sign, perhaps, of more unhealthy issues and neglect. You can't know at one glance, but the home can be put into context or seen as part of a bigger picture to give additional clues what was going on inside the home.

I think it's fair to assess the condition of the home within specific context without necessarily judging all messy homes are bad. I'm sure we've all experienced messy homes that were warm and comfortable and others that reflected difficulties in a family.

jmo

JUN 14, 2021
Map shows flyer coverage of missing 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson | KGAN (cbs2iowa.com)
It's been 18 days since the disappearance of Xavior Harrelson, the search continues to stretch from Powesheik County to the entire state.

[...]

... thousands of missing person flyers have been printed out for Xavior.

Organizer of Mollie's Movement and owner of Live Now Designs, JV created a map of counties where flyers of Xavior have been seen.

As of Monday, 43 counties have coverage.

[...]

In Oskaloosa, DD's business, Doty's Print and Design Services, is creating yard signs with the same information as the flyer.

866071fb-0d22-4dc4-a57f-8dbc7a692115-medium16x9_201134263_229512265402450_5557666203314617438_n.jpg

DD's is selling these yard signs for $10 just to cover the cost of making them. You have to place the order in increments of 10.

[...]

JV's local Brooklyn shop is printing out T-shirts, buttons and magnets.

"It builds awareness, it may be they recognize the face and they remember something or they see him later or even the name matters because Xavior Harrelsons name get's out there, he can run up to someone and say 'I'm Xavior," explained JV.

[...]

The official poster that the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office and Total Choice put together can be found and printed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest