Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate saying this because...well you guys understand, but if I were deliberately hiding a body I wouldn't hide it in a soybean field....at the time he went missing the beans wouldn't have been very tall...and they don't get super tall to begin with. Curious if this was an irrigated field. I'd guess no since they are harvesting now, but depends on rainfall.

But do you think it was 'just far enough away' that it worked for a period of time? What if it was a 'panic disposal'? (I hate that phrase.)

It's a remote place, have we heard how close to a drivable road?
Maybe someone had him in a vehicle and in the dark simply chose a place where they thought there would be no cameras or witnesses to leave him?
Just thank goodness he was found.
Yes, he really was such a sweet-looking kiddo. Please may LE piece this all together so the truth, whatever it is, comes out.

Here's a simple map of where the body was found in relation to the mobile home park in Montezuma. The road that angles out of the purple box and heads north is US Highway 63, which runs past the mh park. Ewart and 110th is close to where the body was found.

Beacon Xavior.jpg

I hate saying this because...well you guys understand, but if I were deliberately hiding a body I wouldn't hide it in a soybean field....at the time he went missing the beans wouldn't have been very tall...and they don't get super tall to begin with. Curious if this was an irrigated field. I'd guess no since they are harvesting now, but depends on rainfall.
Doubtful it’s irrigated. Irrigation isn’t commonly used in Iowa, isn’t really needed.

Why did a neighbor report him missing? Didn’t he live with his mother? How did dad find out he was missing?

Mother, SH, phoned former neighbor / friend, SR, to ask if she had seen X. Mother wasn't able to leave her trailer because IIRC she couldn't put on her artificial leg because of an infection. Mother asked SR if she would check several places for her -- park, etc., before she called the police. When he wasn't there, SH asked SR to check one last place before she called the police -- the camper of SH's former boyfriend, JL -- to see if X was with him. JL wasn't at his camper so SR left a note. When SR was on her way back home she saw a parked patrol car, and she went up to it and told the officer that X was missing. So the report wasn't from a phone call.

IMO we will be hearing a lot more about JL in the coming weeks. He was arrested on other charges shortly after X went missing, and I believe he is still incarcerated.

Mother, SH, phoned former neighbor / friend, SR, to ask if she had seen X. Mother wasn't able to leave her trailer because IIRC she couldn't put on her artificial leg because of an infection. Mother asked SR if she would check several places for her -- park, etc., before she called the police. When he wasn't there, SH asked SR to check one last place before she called the police -- the camper of SH's former boyfriend, JL -- to see if X was with him. JL wasn't at his camper so SR left a note. When SR was on her way back home she saw a parked patrol car, and she went up to it and told the officer that X was missing. So the report wasn't from a phone call.

IMO we will be hearing a lot more about JL in the coming weeks. He was arrested on other charges shortly after X went missing, and I believe he is still incarcerated.

Thanks!

This leads me to believe that jl was involved or knew something as did sh?

WS will be closing down momentarily, so I'll post links when they are back up -- but for those who haven't followed Xavior since the beginning, check pages 46 - 50 of thread #1 and page 1 of this thread #2. JL, former live-in boyfriend of SH, is a drug dealer, and was accused of being a sex trafficker by defense team for convicted killer of Mollie Tibbets (who were trying to get a new trial for their client.) They also tried to implicate JL in killing of MT. Judge ruled there was no connection, so no new trial, but SR testified at the hearing for the new trial. Her testimony is on YouTube and is worth listening to; she describes going to JL's camper when X went missing. and taking LE there the next day. SH & JL broke up in 2018 but are still friends and SH is a close friend of JL's current girlfriend. I'm writing this fast, so hope it makes sense. Will post link to testimony when WS is back up.

I posted links for my last post early this morning, but it looks like all of the posts from this morning have been lost, so I'll try again.

First of all, in my last post I recommended that anyone who hasn't followed Xavior from the beginning, can find links and discussion about JL on page 1 of this thread #2 and on pages 46 - 50 of thread #1. Actually, it is on pages 43 - 50 of thread #1.

This link is for the testimony of SR at the hearing for a new trial for CBR (convicted killer of Mollie Tibbetts.) IMO it is worthwhile listening to it.

Between: 18:35 - 29:40

She confirms the relationship of SH with JL, her own connection to JL, and JL's criminal past. She says that SH asked her to go to JL's camper to see if X was there, she left a note, and next day a DCI agent asked her to take him there. As far as she knows, X never left with JL alone after SH and JL broke up, but JL visits the Harrelson home.

A few links about JL -- there are many more.

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed, motion connects Xavior Harrelson case

The motion focuses on James Manuel Lowe, 50, said to be operating a sex trafficking ring out of 405 East Market, New Sharon, Iowa in the summer of 2018.

Lowe was at the federal courthouse in Cedar Rapids Wednesday afternoon on an unrelated federal firearm charge. During the hearing, prosecutors brought up the fact his name had come up in relation to Tibbetts’ and Harrelson’s cases. The judge worried he would flee the area in-part because of the new allegations. Lowe is now being held in custody for the federal charge.

The motion says an investigation discovered that James Lowe was in a relationship with Xavior’s mother, Sarah Harrelson, and they lived together for a period of time.

Judge delays sentencing after twists in Mollie Tibbett's killing

The defense noted the 50-year-old man is the former live-in boyfriend of Xavior's mother and that the two maintained a friendly relationship. Investigators searching for Xavior began looking for the man almost immediately and arrested him on an unrelated outstanding warrant in another county the day after the boy was reported missing. He has not been charged with any crimes related to the disappearance.

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed after twist in case, new motion connects to Xavior Harrelson

attorneys claim he had a relationship with Xavior's mother, Sarah Harrelson, and they lived together for a period of time. They say that through an investigation, he may have been one of the last people to see Xavior.

Booking Details

Booking 8 July 2021 -- Federal Hold

United States v. Lowe, 21-CR-44 CJW-MAR | Casetext Search + Citator

IMO JL is very much on the radar of LE in connection to Xavior. Since JL is on Federal Hold that takes away the time pressure. Hopefully the forensics investigators will be able to provide evidence one way or the other.

Poor, sweet Xavior was exposed to some very bad people.

On July 21, @FrostedGlass posted an excellent summary of charges against JL. I'm bringing it forward to this thread:

He has a lot of loose ends he'll be tying up for a while. A month after he got the 1/27/2020 pretrial release on the burglary/controlled substance charge, he got a 5th degree theft complaint through the Grinnell Police Dept.

They didn't have an address for him, so they issued a warrant on 7/08/2020. They had already issued one for the burglary charge on 4/21/2020.

He was caught with drug paraphernalia in Iowa Co on 5/29/2021; he paid his fine and was gone.

They finally served the warrants a whole year later on 6/11/2021. It appears he plea bargained the burglary case down to 3 years probation on 6/28, to be served in community corrections, which he evidently walked away from and got the gun charge on July 8, 2021.

So, he'll have Violation of Probation to deal with on the first case, the second one is just beginning and who knows what will happen with the gun charge.

FrostedGlass, Jul 21, 2021Report
#964Like

I posted links for my last post early this morning, but it looks like all of the posts from this morning have been lost, so I'll try again.

First of all, in my last post I recommended that anyone who hasn't followed Xavior from the beginning, can find links and discussion about JL on page 1 of this thread #2 and on pages 46 - 50 of thread #1. Actually, it is on pages 43 - 50 of thread #1.

This link is for the testimony of SR at the hearing for a new trial for CBR (convicted killer of Mollie Tibbetts.) IMO it is worthwhile listening to it.

Between: 18:35 - 29:40

She confirms the relationship of SH with JL, her own connection to JL, and JL's criminal past. She says that SH asked her to go to JL's camper to see if X was there, she left a note, and next day a DCI agent asked her to take him there. As far as she knows, X never left with JL alone after SH and JL broke up, but JL visits the Harrelson home.

A few links about JL -- there are many more.

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed, motion connects Xavior Harrelson case

The motion focuses on James Manuel Lowe, 50, said to be operating a sex trafficking ring out of 405 East Market, New Sharon, Iowa in the summer of 2018.

Lowe was at the federal courthouse in Cedar Rapids Wednesday afternoon on an unrelated federal firearm charge. During the hearing, prosecutors brought up the fact his name had come up in relation to Tibbetts’ and Harrelson’s cases. The judge worried he would flee the area in-part because of the new allegations. Lowe is now being held in custody for the federal charge.

The motion says an investigation discovered that James Lowe was in a relationship with Xavior’s mother, Sarah Harrelson, and they lived together for a period of time.

Judge delays sentencing after twists in Mollie Tibbett's killing

The defense noted the 50-year-old man is the former live-in boyfriend of Xavior's mother and that the two maintained a friendly relationship. Investigators searching for Xavior began looking for the man almost immediately and arrested him on an unrelated outstanding warrant in another county the day after the boy was reported missing. He has not been charged with any crimes related to the disappearance.

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed after twist in case, new motion connects to Xavior Harrelson

attorneys claim he had a relationship with Xavior's mother, Sarah Harrelson, and they lived together for a period of time. They say that through an investigation, he may have been one of the last people to see Xavior.

Booking Details

Booking 8 July 2021 -- Federal Hold

United States v. Lowe, 21-CR-44 CJW-MAR | Casetext Search + Citator

IMO JL is very much on the radar of LE in connection to Xavior. Since JL is on Federal Hold that takes away the time pressure. Hopefully the forensics investigators will be able to provide evidence one way or the other.

Poor, sweet Xavior was exposed to some very bad people.
Thanks for re-posting all those links and for bringing my post forward.

Iowa County filed another complaint against him on Aug. 14, 2021 for possession of meth. That one stems from the May 29, 2021 arrest, where he was charged with paraphernalia, paid his fine and released. They haven't set any court dates for the new charge yet.

Most disposed of remains are found either in shallow graves or in exposed areas. Those disposed of in thick woods are usually located by hunters and hikers. The reason for this is pretty clear. Most criminal actors don't carry a pickaxe and shovel in the trunk of their car, and in this day and age, only construction tradesmen, landscapers and farmers would even know how to dig a decent hole in the ground. Add that most actors are not going to schelp a body over their shoulder for miles through thick underbrush, pickers etc. The areas the bodies are dumped are due to convenience and ease of navigation (path of least resistance).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back