ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeSales University does not require GRE or other standardized test for grad school admission. For undergrad they may require SAT/ACT but for the co-terminal master's degree program, I do not know the facts. University's overall admission rate is overall 80%, so not particularly selective. For the Criminal Justice program, I've read that the rate of acceptance is even higher than that. Undergrad has been slightly more selective in the past, so when Bryan was accepted, perhaps it was more like 75%.

This information is not something I"d bet my life on, I got it from perusing niche.com and desales.edu

Criminal Justice is considered a professional program (like law or medicine or nursing). One group they want to attract are LEO's wanting to go into management, where work experience is more important. Application says no recommendations needed, though, so again, not the most selective uni in America. Still, he did apply, get in and complete coursework.
NCC has a matriculation agreement with DeSales. I doubt he would have had to take the GRE, imo.

DeSales University does not require GRE or other standardized test for grad school admission. For undergrad they may require SAT/ACT but for the co-terminal master's degree program, I do not know the facts. University's overall admission rate is overall 80%, so not particularly selective. For the Criminal Justice program, I've read that the rate of acceptance is even higher than that. Undergrad has been slightly more selective in the past, so when Bryan was accepted, perhaps it was more like 75%.

This information is not something I"d bet my life on, I got it from perusing niche.com and desales.edu

Criminal Justice is considered a professional program (like law or medicine or nursing). One group they want to attract are LEO's wanting to go into management, where work experience is more important. Application says no recommendations needed, though, so again, not the most selective uni in America. Still, he did apply, get in and complete coursework.
A BA in Criminal Justice degree is also sought after by those seeking to apply to the FBI.

Why would other states not accept an Idaho convict? Jake Paterson who killed two and kidnapped a young girl in Wisconsin was transferred to Nevada. States trade convicts if they feel there is an excess of danger to convict within their prison system.
Interesting. Never heard of that before. (I was responding to a question about him being moved to be closer to his PA family, not being moved for safety reasons -- but I get your point).

Last edited:
CeCe is saying Bryan can't be too smart if, as a student of criminology, he didn't realize it would be virtually impossible to commit this type of violent, intimate crime without leaving DNA behind. She said he had to be familiar with investigative genetic genealogy, so even if he wasn't in law enforcement databases, he could be tracked through the DNA of distant relatives.
That's assuming the reason for the crime was to make some sort of statement about how clever a criminal he is. The more information that comes out, the more I'm convinced that it was a calculated crime of rage, in which emotion won out over reason.

Don't you often have to renew registration on your birthday? BK's birthday is November 21.
I know that is the case in Georgia but not in the state of Tennessee? I'm sure it varies state to state. Here is the pa law:

§ 57.3. Expiration dates.​

(a) New registrations. A new registration shall expire 1 year after the last day of the month preceding either the date of issuance of a registration card by the Department or the date of issuance of a temporary registration card by either the Department or an authorized agent of the Department, whichever occurs first.

Maybe it was a birthday gift?

I don't understand the statements. It seams obvious there is blood everywhere. Does clean crime scene refer to BK's DNA?
Cross contamination between rooms - cross contamination of what.

IMO did he leave evidence or not. It's not a food or pharma lab... cross contamination seems like it would be a disadvantage to investigators.
Cross contamination of blood between the 2nd and 3rd floors perhaps. IMO

IDAHO Published January 4, 2023 3:36pm EST
Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger wanted to be
Army Ranger, yearbook reveals

EXCLUSIVE – STROUDSBURG, Pa. – Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger aspired to be an Army Ranger and is featured in his high school yearbook exercising in uniform, Fox News Digital has learned.

In the 2011 Pleasant Valley High School yearbook, the accused killer is pictured in a law enforcement class with other students mid-push-up....

View attachment 392496
I can't see his legs and wonder if he was going a "girl" push up (on your knees) or not. He wasn't real fit back then.

I can't keep up, so apologies if I'm totally off my rocker by what I'm about to say.

I really, really, really, really hope the police have the right guy. I don't know guys, whether or not BK is the killer, I can't help but think this is a giant media show. I hate to think like that and I hate to indulge in what may turn out to be a ridiculous conspiracy theory, but I kind of feel like this is OJ Simpson level manhunt/capture and in this case, it could have been prevented but wasn't.

I just have so many questions. Police said from the start it was targeted and no threat to the community, then used up every news cycle with this or that contradictory info to feed the gossip mongers and tabloids until finally the white Elantra. They let the suspect go to PA while tracking him the whole time and two separate officers even stopping them in IN (I don't believe that's coincidence). Then the 3 am no-knock SWAT team invasion/arrest. Then flight with frequent re-fuels that the entire nation can track on a trip that realistically could have taken only 5 hours straight.

Just way too much melodrama for me. I half expect Lifetime TV producers to be writing the script as we speak.

I can shrug and say whatever if it turns out they have the right guy. I still think it's all over the top, but if they get the creep who did this, I'm fine with it.

What will be really sad is if it plays out like a Lifetime movie in the end and the "weird" kid is made a spectacle for a crime he didn't commit. I'm not saying BK is innocent. I'm just saying now that they've done all this, I really hope he actually is guilty.

All the above is obviously MOO.
Remember that the only reason the plane flight is a spectacle is that we, here, are making it a spectacle. I’m not criticizing that—but it’s us, not LE that are doing it. I’d bet plenty that the frequent stops have a reason that isn’t just to attract attention.

All MOO

The defense is hiring a crime scene expert? Wouldn't it be cheaper... to just ask Bryan what happened?

Just saying...

JMO

Many defense attorneys want to know only basic specifics from their client, especially at first. Some want to know as little as possible and gain the information from discovery, then prep their client. Defense attorneys are not allowed to lie to the court or conceal facts from the court.

So asking Bryan to walk them through the house and give his side is basically having him confess to the crime in full - and with others present - not something any good defense attorney would do.

He's entitled to a good defense and the State will pay for that to happen. We should all be glad of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member