ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty risky IMO to drive back by the scene of where you murdered four people hours later. I’m guessing BK realized he left the sheath and wanted to swing back by to see if it happened to be on the ground or possibly working up the guts to go back in the house and then decided it was too risky and left. MOO

I really hope that the roommate knew this was going to be released, and had ample opportunity to prepare herself for what I can imagine will be an onslaught of press requests and accusations. Also hoping she has a lot of support right now. I can't imagine

I'm sure she did. She's known since Day 1 that her name would be in it, IMO. And I do believe she's got support.

But this is why LE was so careful not to tip him off, never addressed the widespread view that she was on the first floor, etc. That lulled BK into a false sense of security (because he's not smart and he was in denial about the importance of leaving the sheath behind - something that a certain anonymous poster on Reddit said happened, a poster who knew MANY details of this crime not otherwise released, someone who was, IMO, BK).

It’s hard to keep up so sorry if this has already been discussed.

It seems strange to me that X got her food delivery at 4, so was probably still up, and likely E too unless she was just randomly eating alone, when the murders happened. With both X and E awake, I’m surprised there wasn’t more of a scuffle and BK killed them both so quickly (and relatively easily). Back when i thought they were both sleeping and he got one of them first while they were asleep made it make more sense to me…

The question I have is why kill any of them let alone four; yet leave a potential witness? A desire to do something like this and not get caught or something building in his head for years/decades? Just odd to me. Hoping something comes out as to why.
If he is imitating other killers, four may have some meaning for him. BTK, for example, killed four family members the first time he killed. Jmo.

Clearly (and thank goodness), BK is not nearly half as brilliant as his former professor at DeSales thought he was
  • He seemed unaware that images/video of his vehicle would likely be found on surrounding surveillance.
  • He returned to the scene later that morning (in the same vehicle).
  • He apparently cased the area several times with his cellphone turned on and in the same vehicle he used the night of the murders. So, he seemed unaware that LE would be looking at cellphone patterns in that area and at surveillance on nights other than the night of the murders.
  • He did not leave his cellphone home the night of the murders.
  • He left his knife sheath at the scene with his DNA on it.
  • He left a surviving witness (thank God).
No way he had an accomplice because this is definitely not "two heads are better than one" thinking.
It does make you think they might need to make their criminology masters a bit harder :oops:

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
That type of sheath has a thick leather loop that your belt goes throuh to secure it to your body. He either didnt have it on his belt, or his belt was removed at some point. No way it could accidentally slip off, IMO.

This...I dont understand, seems to totally contradict the LE timeline.

Also did anyone else ever hear of a DD delivery until now?

I actually read about the family DNA from a trash can a could of weeks ago somewhere else online, it wasnt MSM so I figured I better not copy and paste it here.
I never really put much stock into the Door Dash order being relevant (you can see a Jack in the Box bag with Xana's name on it, as if delivered, in one of the crime scene photos) -- however, there were a number of sleuthers who wondered about its relevance when the photos were released. I still can't believe the delivery missed the suspect's arrival by only minutes, and moreover, that Xana was likely awake and eating / looking at her phone when ambushed. :(

I am too... JMO - he didn't receive adequate responses to his survey so he needed to experience it himself. But why them? Possibly females (not as physically strong), sleeping?? We may never know the "real" motive.

Also wondering if LE retraced his steps after the murders - I am wondering if that trip was when he disposed of weapon, clothes, etc.
They did trace his steps after the murders because BK turned his phone back on. He drove south to Blaine ID then further south to Genesee ID. West over to Uniontown and then north back to his home in Pullman. I'm gussing to get rid of evidence. It's in the PCA.

This...I dont understand, seems to totally contradict the LE timeline.

Also did anyone else ever hear of a DD delivery until now?

I actually read about the family DNA from a trash can a could of weeks ago somewhere else online, it wasnt MSM so I figured I better not copy and paste it here.
No but In some pictures i saw a delivery food bag with a name on it through the window on a table or desk. I can’t remember which name though. It was one of the girls. It was an article with random pics of the house. I’ll try to find

Explanation about the surviving roommate:
My daughter was a direct witness to a church parking lot shooting in June 2022. She was 15 feet from two of her friends and watched an ex-boyfriend unload his gun on them in daylight. She froze. Didn’t try to run even though everyone around her was fleeing. She actually thought, “You guys are going to feel so awful when you realize how bad you scared everyone with your prank.” She remembers smiling at another friend like, “Can you believe they are doing this? How stupid.” Another friend grabbed her and pulled her into the church. They ran through the building, out the back door, and hid in a field. Even though there were groups of students crying and praying, my daughter’s brain was “frozen” and she couldn’t process the reality of what happened. I could share more, but I’m trying to point out that D could have been disassociating what she observed. The brain will protect itself from something so horrifying. My daughter has been in weekly state-funded therapy (provided for victims of crime) since June and is still frequently reliving the horror. What poor D went through is completely believable and she needs everyone’s support. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member