ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline from between 4am and 4:20am as detailed in PCA.
Approx 4am: XK collects DoorDash order.
Approx 4am: DM hears what she believes to be KG playing with her dog on the 3rd floor.
A short time later: DM hears someone she thinks is KG saying like 'There's someone here.' DM opens her bedroom door, looks out and does not see anyone. LE indicates this may have been XK as her phone indicates she was awake and using TikTok on her phone at 4:12am.
Unspecified time: DM hears what she believes to be crying coming from XK's room, DM opens her door for a second time and hears a male voice say something to the effect of, 'it's okay, I'm going to help you.'
4:17am: Dog is heard barking on a security camera. Camera also picks up audio sounds of voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud.
Unspecified time: DM opens her door for a third time and sees a figure clad in black clothing and a mask covering their mouth and nose walking towards her, the male walked past DM and towards the sliding doors.
4:20am: Suspect vehicle seen departing area of King Road residence at a high speed.

My opinion on the timeline is that XK stopped using TikTok when she made the statement 'there is someone here' around 04:12am. DM said she thought KG made that statement but LE included that it may have been XK, I think LE included this detail because the LE timeline may indicate that XK and EC were killed first.
Between 04:12 and 04:17 BK murders XK and EC.
At 04:17 BK goes to the third floor, hence the dog barking and kills MM and KG.
Tight to be in the car and speeding away at 04:20 but the only other thing I could think is, the murders upstairs were done at 04:17 and BK lifted the dog and threw it into a room, causing the whimper, thud and subsequent barking? (A point to add, not all vegans are animal lovers, some hate animals and hate the thought of eating from them, I believe one of the more infamous school shooters fitted that criteria.)

I wondered if perhaps XK had to walk round the front of the house to collect the door dash order, thus exiting through the sliding glass doors, if BK was watching the house he may have taken his chance to enter, hidden somewhere and waited around 10 mins until the knew XK was in bed before attacking? I can't see a timeline where he attacks MM and KG first.

EDIT
BUT WAIT.
For BK to be walking past DM’s room and towards the sliding doors, he has to be coming from XK’s room. The sliding doors are in the same direction as the staircase leading to the third floor… so either, 1. DM saw BK before he murdered KG and MM. 2. KG and MM were killed first or 3. BK went back to XK’s room after all killing had taken place.
I can’t get the timeline to make sense, I don’t know why I need to but I need to.

Last edited:
But why would SG state in one of his interviews that the killer didn’t need to go upstairs? I think we had mixed ideas of what that meant when that video came out. Did it mean K and M were targeted so he’s pointed out the killer didn’t HAVE to, as in, he chose to since those girls or one of them was the target? Or was he thinking/implying that the target was on the 2nd floor, so the killer truly didn’t have to since he’d gotten his target. I’m confused now
I seem to remember we had pages and pages of discussion about that statement of his, and about half of us interpreted that statement one way and half of us interpreted it the other way lol

These are some serious knives.

s-l1600.jpg
Yes they are. They were designed for hand to hand combat in WW2.

Even from the little we now know it's very obvious this Ph.D candidate was/is an idiot (in addition to being a piece of crap for committing these crimes).
I don't disagree with you, but BK was a PhD student (not a candidate) and there are some important distinctions. He was a first semester student who was in coursework, he hadn't taken any exams, and he certainly hadn't begun work on his dissertation. So he was far from an expert in criminology, despite his previous MA work.

This is what I understand as well. I think the "there's someone here" was Xana (who was awake, just received Door Dash and was on TikTok) and the "It's ok, I am going to help you" was Ethan. It is too bad he didn't just leave after being upstairs. It makes me wonder if E or X confronted him? Unless his plan was to come to them as well. He could have taken DM as well, but he didn't. She was frozen with fear. Perhaps he left her because he was exhausted, or she was never a target.

I think he wanted to use a particular killing method, involving sleeping people and people lying on beds with bedclothes. He was trying to minimize his contact with blood. He knew that such a method would make his own practiced style of knife use feasible. He even chose where he stabbed/placed the knife wounds in advance and a standing victim was not in his play book (she likely would have screamed, as well).

If BK left the knife sheath in Maddie's room, it's possible that Maddie and/or Kaylee were the first victims.
I believe he could have first went to the top floor, to MM? Perhaps his intention was not to kill her per se but to commit a sexual act, but was confronted by her or she resisted him.

He may have been disturbed by KG during or just following his attack on MM, perhaps as he was trying to leave? He was then perhaps aware of others in the home who were awake, EC and XK, and decided to kill them.

Of course, entering a property with an offensive weapon is aggravating, goes to his intention or mens rea to commit murder, and his premediation or preparation to murder, but facts such as this could help to lower his culpability in some way - he was intending and was prepared for a sexual attack - and had not planned/premediated murder.

Just my own opinion, and speculation.

Not only from that.

As I said, be prepared for surprises. The disappearance of the surviving flatmates, was very telling that there is more to what happened than we were told.

Feeling for victims and their families.
Not sure where you are going with this statement. Please elaborate.
If my friends were murdered feet from my room and it turned out I had heard something and seen the killer I would be terrified and need therapy so I would 'disappear' as well. The survivors are victims and nothing more.

It disturbs me so much (SO MUCH!) that he returned to the house at ~9am. Was he confident that LE would not have been contacted yet, despite knowing that D saw him? If so, what was the reason for his confidence?
He may not have realized he was spotted by one of the roommates. (If the house was quite dark at 4am, someone peeking out from a darkened bedroom might not be easily visible, especially if the victims' bedrooms were better lit, meaning the killer's eyes might not have adjusted to the darkened hallway, whereas the roommate-witness would have been able to see much better.)

Assuming that he didn't see her, is it realistically possible that he didn't even know there were other roomates left alive in the house? It seems unlikely given the evidence that he staked it out ahead of time, but it might explain why he thought he could return before the crime was reported. MOO.

Last edited:
A male walks between those two people mentioned previously,(blue coat/bald head), he's dressed in black/blue jacket with a hood that is back, black pants, and hands in pockets. Walks past a female in an orange jacket and on across the field. Just curious, thought the fella looked very familiar.

I think it looks like him!

I seem to remember we had pages and pages of discussion about that statement of his, and about half of us interpreted that statement one way and half of us interpreted it the other way lol
We sure did. And even now I’m still wondering!! I just don’t know which way to take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member