ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the first words the accused said when apprehended were true, something to the effect of, "was anyone else arrested?"
and given the behavior of DM we may expect it to be central to the defense or plea negotiations.
ALL MOO
Really? i suppose they are looking for digital evidence the one or more of the family may have been an accessory after the fact in helping him cross state lines. But if they don't have a definitive record of that, like hard evidence in a message that says I committed a crime will you help me get away" I don't think they would be able to prove a family member knew and abetted flight.
One explanation is he simply may have been worried that his parents were wrongfully arrested.
Another explanation is that he may have worried that one or both his parents had been rightfully arrested, and might blurt out statements further incriminating him

I think DM was use to people being in and out of the house frequently. She was concerned enough to open the door twice but didn’t see anything. She locked her door both times after closing it. When she saw the person with the mask, I feel she went in to a trauma state. I feel she was immobilized by her terror. If he walked by her, he was headed upstairs on his killing mission. He may have come down to kill her but I feel something spooked him to leave and her door was locked. Either the dog or some other noise may have lead to his leaving. I feel for DM! She is an eyewitness, a trauma crime victim that survived a horror. Possibly she had left her phone in the kitchen area or in BF’s room and was too scared to go get it! I feel she was in a frightened state. What is most frightening, is that BK’s phone pinged by the house the next morning!!
Page 4 of the document indicates that DM had a bedroom on the 2nd floor, and the masked person walked past her and out the sliding door.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I noticed this on p. 6 of the PCA:

"Based on my knowledge of the area and review of camera footage in the neighborhood that does not show Suspect vehicle 1 during that timeframe, I believe that Suspect Vehicle 1 likely exited the neighborhood at Palouse River Drive and Conestoga Drive." BBM

This could be what LE meant when they said all video was important, for what it shows or does not show (or something to that affect). MOO

“It would seem he took the knife in with its sheath and left with a unsheathed knife. Even if we kept blood off his clothes, blood on the knife should transfer to his car seat or carpet.”

sbm.

Lots of speculation that he was frantic about leaving the sheath behind.

But what if it was intentional? It occurred to me that maybe he left the sheath on purpose. Why? Maybe he thought he had done a “good job” making “sure” it was squeaky clean and wouldn’t have any DNA. And maybe he thought putting a bloody knife back into a sheath would be creating another bloody piece of evidence that he would have to discard later/explain. So he just left it?

Another interesting thing I caught upon my second readthrough of the PCA I have not seen mentioned here is that according to his cell phone data BK apparently never returned to Moscow after he returned to the scene of the crimes the morning of the 14th. I guess he had no need to after his dastardly deeds were done.

Great work by LE with the DNA, camera, and cell phone evidence! This guy made some critical mistakes! Can’t believe he was a criminology student!

Thankful for a survivor who can place him at the scene !
BK is toast.
LE have him dead to rights.

I wish he'd plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court, and spare the families from a horrifying trial ...having to recount and relive those moments.

Sadly, my guess is that he'll take the coward's way out and force a lengthy trial.
Ugh.
Imo.

It's extremely important with the DNA match that they convict him otherwise.
Can you imagine being these two survivors if he is acquitted? I feel for them. They are most likely suffering from severe PTSD. What should have been the most fun years of their young life now are living in sheer terror/fear.

At least 12 cell pings near the house......smh

This was a short time to build a fatal attraction, he only came out west in June if I recall correctly. I wonder if the Greek restaurant where X/M were servers, and apparently K often hung out was the start of this nightmare.

Yeah this idiot thought that time and distance would be the cover that allows him to get away with this. That's why he didn't do this in pennsylvania.

They are not using the shoe print in that to put him in the house. it may be a good piece of circumstantial evidence , or not. they are using it there in the affidavit to show probable progress/route of killer through the house.
I think LE can determine the shoe size from the print, even if it is partial.

By the way, if he left by the sliding door - who left the front door wide open?
Or was it a rumour?

i'm not seeing anger at all.
I'm seeing a task orientated person who completes his task and leaves.
Possibly the fastest killer in the world, maybe that was his aim-speed..?
Right? It's almost like a hit job. A very sloppy hit job, but quick, to the point, robotic. Not what I had in mind, at all.

Since she's mentioned in the PC does this mean she'll likely be called as a witness? The way I see it is that she possibly has since moved her mattress onto her parents' bedroom floor and sleeps with a light on and is never left alone. jmhoo

This is a SS from the virtual tour of the house. D's bedroom on the far left, in the middle are the steps leading up to the 3rd floor and on the far right we have the sliding door exit. Where was D standing when he walks toward her and out the sliding door?

View attachment 392847

Virtual Tour of 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho
She merely opened her door and looked out per the doc. I doubt she even crossed the threshold of her room.

So he stayed little time in the house, and he walked out (according to DM) which tells me he was relatively calm and composed. I don't think he's murdered before but I can't rule it out, obviously. However, I do think his intention going on was to murder somebody, otherwise I believe he'd have been much more nervous or even scared when DM saw him.

Premeditated, no doubt, JMO.

I believe, walking out, he was in a state of shock/disbelief. I believe the murders were more gruesome than he imagined.

He likely never saw or recognized her.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

“It would seem he took the knife in with its sheath and left with a unsheathed knife. Even if we kept blood off his clothes, blood on the knife should transfer to his car seat or carpet.”

sbm.

Lots of speculation that he was frantic about leaving the sheath behind.

But what if it was intentional? It occurred to me that maybe he left the sheath on purpose. Why? Maybe he thought he had done a “good job” making “sure” it was squeaky clean and wouldn’t have any DNA. And maybe he thought putting a bloody knife back into a sheath would be creating another bloody piece of evidence that he would have to discard later/explain. So he just left it?

I think he accidentally dropped it in a scuffle. MOO.
I don't think he intended on leaving it behind.

I have a problem with this time from the PCA and a thought that may make it make sense. I highlighted a few key points in the document

My bullet points:
1.The Elantra was first seen at 3:29am and made three passes by 1122 King
2.The car was on video entering the "area" at 4:04am
3.The car on video leaving the "area" at 4:20am at a high rate of speed
4.During those 16 mins the car was driving all over the place and making some odd turn arounds and stops, including in front of the King house and another down the street
5.Im assuming the video cameras time stamps are correct since they work off WiFi
6. X was still on her TicTok at 4:12 am which closes the window even further.
7. How in the world could BCK be inside killing the victims during this time with the car still in motion...
8. Could there have been a second person? One driving and one killing?

AS PER THE PCA:
"A review of footage from multiple videos obtained from the King Road Neighborhood showed multiple sightings of Suspect Vehicle I starting at 3:29 a.m. and ending at 4:20 a.m. These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive. Based off of my experience as a Patrol Officer this is a residential neighborhood with a very limited number of vehicles that travel in the area during the early morning hours. Upon review of the video there are only a few cars that enter and exit this area during this time frame. Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time a approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle I is in front of the King Road Residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road. Suspect Vehicle I is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive"

Something kind of struck me there…
In a post-covid world, seeing someone with their mouth and nose covered is not unusual at all.
If I was at a house where partying usually happened, I’d heard some noises, whispers, cries, dog etc. I wouldn’t think murder. If I opened my bedroom door and saw someone with a mask (post-covid) I would probably be like wtf.. but write it off as nothing very quickly - Writing something off as nothing isn’t always conscious either, if a person panics, their brain can say, ’no, it’s okay, this is normal, go to bed.’
Remember this didn’t happen in the family home, they lived in a party house, in the bodycam footage of the noise complaint there’s actually a party happening in the house and no one who lived there is present! The more I think on it, the more I think DM acted in the same way that many in her situation would have.

His DNA at the scene on the knife sheath, his footprint outside, his cell phone movements, and his car, all place him at the crime scene at the time of the murder. He's dead to rights, IMO. I wonder if he'll strike a deal to avoid the death penalty in the near future.
Only the DNA puts him inside and with contact with likely weapon. His car and cell phone movements, could be argued to be a crush, obsessions, fantasy, etc. I am not saying they are not relevant, they all add up, but in my opinion the DNA is what will cook him

I wonder how he connected the intended victim with the house. The house isn't really somewhere you would naturally drive by, I don't think. So I'm guessing he first interacted with his target elsewhere - and then followed them somehow without them noticing?

Since it was an ordinary event for students to go back and forth among various parties, with nearby Sigma Chi being a typical example - and there are 3 other similar houses nearby - I think the simplest explanation is that BK simply went and looked for parties at U of ID, where he would be a stranger and an older (from his POV) impressive grad student, and followed people from party to party. There are 2500 members of Greek life at U of ID, over a period of a few months, he would have seen quite a few of them more than once, narrowed down his focus, and then started sussing out whose living situation was most vulnerable.

JMO. Speculating.

IMO, the dirty car exterior means nothing.

I travel back and forth between western Washington and western Montana a few times each winter and by the end of the trip, my SUV looks far worse than that car did from all the slush and sand/salt on the roads. Layers and layers of it all the way up to the windows.

True enough. And now that it's possible that he went south down toward Ouray, CO, makes even more sense (driving on a snow-cleared interstate is a bit different, but you're right, just going to get gas, etc, ends up with layers of ice and gunk in that kind of weather - I always forget that, as where I live, precipitation does not come down in the form of sleet or snow and instead, washes our cars for us.

In any case, no way that he was able to clean the interior well enough to destroy all blood evidence/DNA. Although he might have been prepared with plastic bags, it appears he did not wear booties. So I doubt he put booties on in his car - but maybe. Maybe he had a seat cover and then removed it. I hope, if so, they find a record of him ordering said seat cover not too long before the murders. He does appear to have been very concerned with planning around blood splash and transfer.

So it looks like he drove past the scene on Sunday around 9 am to see if LE was at the location.

He may have driven near the location later that evening around 6 pm with his phone off. (His phone was off for 3 hours, so I kinda wonder if the battery died and he spent part of that time at home asleep?)
I wonder if one of the reasons he drove past again that morning was part of his alibi. Then, when presented with the evidence he could claim that he “drives that way often.” Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl