ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
<modsnip>

Where are you convinced that (1) Kaylee was with her dog? How I understood the affidavit was that the Dog was in K's room, both K&M were found in M's room together.

What led you to the conclusion that a "man" was crying in x's room saying something along the lines of "i will help you"? How I understood the affidavit was that DM heard someone possibly crying but not specifying it came from a specific gender. The affidavit does state that DM thought she did hear a male saying something along the lines of "...it's okay i'm going to help you."

Your 3rd Point "A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask" is not correct at all. She didn't see the masked man leave "out the door" as you suggested. This is why the affidavit says "This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene," because she witnessed "The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. "

Again, not trying to insult but you led your post with "only the information available." <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just read the probable cause affidavit, what stood out for me is this:

"One of these occasions, on August 21,2022, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence from approximately 10:34 p.m. to 11:35 p.m." (page 16)

I then checked the closing time for the Greek restaurant where Xana and Madison worked. On Saturday, August 21, the restaurant closed at 10 PM.

It's possible that Aug 21 was the beginning of the stalking, where the suspect followed one or both girls from work to their house. He was at the house 12 times in the late evening or early morning (excluding one occasion) between August and November. That's roughly four times a month, once a week.

Ethan was a guest, Kaylee had moved out, so Xana and Madison were expected to be at the house. One of the tenants who was not murdered was obviously not a target if the suspect walked past her (unless he was in a zone and didn't see her). He was in some sort of zone to leave the knife sheath on Madison's bed.

At this time, it seems like Xana and Madison were the targets, Ethan and Kaylee were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Good catch Otto, I'm veering towards it being Maddie for sure and possibly Xana. I too think he went to Mad Greek for their vegan options and got fixated on one of them at least.

what else puts him inside the house and/or contacting the likely murder weapon?
He left a shoe print too. If his shoes picked up fibers from the house, or even traces of blood then there could be transfer in his car even if he cleaned it. IMO criminals might forget to clean the brake and accelerator pedals when trying to scrub their car. And this guy clearly is no Einstein. MOO.
ETA to add link:

Thankful for a survivor who can place him at the scene !
BK is toast.
LE have him dead to rights.

I wish he'd plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court, and spare the families from a horrifying trial ...having to recount and relive those moments.

Sadly, my guess is that he'll take the coward's way out and force a lengthy trial.
Ugh.
Imo.
He may drive his attorney bonkers with suggestions/ideas/etc. considering his career path. It certainly is shaping up to look like he's guilty. Like I said earlier, I think he's intelligent but not smart.

Affidavit doesn't say if roommate saw man in black carrying a knife when he left. He walked past her and left very quickly. Could he have left without the knife? Could he have come back later that morning, noticed no indication police had been called, and went in house to retrieve knife? Perhaps didn't have time to retrieve sheath.

I have followed along since November without commenting but have appreciated everyone’s thoughts, patience, and attention to detail. This PCA brings a different level of grief and shared trauma, even as just an observer living far away from Idaho. Rest in peace, Kaylee, Maddie, Xana, and Ethan. Sending love to DM, BF, the families, and law enforcement.

Have to give props to these police officers and detectives involved. How they managed to not tell everyone and basically pretend to not have some of this information is beyond me. Also, how they held it together during these press conferences knowing a lot of this information. I am barely holding it together just reading it on my computer screen.
Steel eyed determination to catch BK. But I think with all cases like this there was some luck involved as well. Just glad he's behind bars.

Mad Greek literally appears at the top of the page with a very high ranking if "vegan restaurant in moscow idaho" is searched via google.
I don't think the type of food served there makes any difference as long as it's not vegan orthodox type of place. BK likely went there (if we assume he did go there) only to sip beer and act suspiciously, similarly to what he did in Seven Sirens. Let's not forget that if a restaurant is not specifically "vegan only" BK (knowing his dietary OCD) would most likely refrain from ordering any food there as he could not have been certain whether non-vegan meals were also prepared/served there in the same pots/pans/platters.

Oh! You think it was a man crying? A victim or BK? I assumed it was Xana sitting in bed awake watching this monster approach her and her crying/scared.
Moo but we don’t know if the sounds of crying were actual cries - it could have been the sound of someone dying. Sorry, I know it’s bleak. I don’t know for certain however I personally believe he was fast with what he did, and once you’d been fatally injured, you wouldn’t be able to make much sound (scream or cry), maybe through walls, a groaning type of sound could sound like crying - especially as she had no context to go by. Moo obviously.

Or possibly:

1. The LE said the flatmates rang it in the next day at noon but that was a ploy to deceive BK and put him into a false sense of security.
2. DM may have been the unconscious one due to shock and it was BF that rang LE. I did find it surprising when LE said they were called to reports of an unconscious person - I’m sure you would be able to tell if the person was unconscious or had been stabbed (due to blood).

IMO.

Either way the flatmates are victims. They will be scarred for life.

Well, a neighbor who went outside at 8-8:30 did not see any LE and only noticed that the front door (first level) was open.

BK himself drives by around 9 am, sees no LE, IMO.

It's possible that police misstated the time of the 911 call in order to mislead, but that was a really dicey choice and I don't believe they misled the public about the time of the 911 call. If it was actually made some time before 9 am, I think the same neighbors who have commented would have commented. They didn't want to make it so that outsiders also had to fib.

Quoted from excellent WSer JumpingJackFlash:

Such good questions. I think they sat down and thought it through carefully. They knew they wouldn't have enough for a PCA for many days and a material witness whose life would be put in danger as long as the Monster was still out there.

So, they did a lot of things to protect their witness(es). They misled him. It was intended to mislead their suspect. They also said they didn't have a suspect. This is pretty common in the investigation phase, but also the reason why we, the public, expect to see PCA's and.or AA's released to us.

The statement about not waking up until later that morning is a fib, for sure, but not a lie if in fact D went back to sleep (which I predict she did - she may have thought the guy leaving was the DoorDash guy, she may have been almost asleep throughout the described events, she may have huddled in her bed and fallen asleep inadvertently while intending to wait a decent amount of time to go investigate - no one would be thinking about a mass murder, I don't think).

I think there's a pretty good list of details that have been suppressed (some not in the PCA, of course) or misrepresented. Year of the car. Acting as if they didn't already know its plate. Basically, everything they saw on those three neighborhood cameras (which they did mention - but I bet by now there's even more camera footage).

The main reason is that early on, BAU and others (common sense to some extent) said that this particular murderer was at high risk for 1) suicide; 2) suicide by cop with possible death of LE; 3) murdering a witness; 4) murdering someone else; 5) murdering someone he believed to be a witness; 6) destroying more evidence than already disposed of - he still had his computer, for example.

#3 is of course their main concern, but D was quickly sequestered and was not going back to the area (and may never go back, we don't know). The others are major concerns as well. Also, they gave him time to turn himself in, hinted strongly in ways he would understand that they knew who he was, etc.

As it turns out, BCK has been able so far to contain himself (is off suicide watch; he hasn't got bite marks on his hands; he hasn't rammed his head into a wall; didn't try to bite officers, etc). He looks apprehensive when stopped by the InSP for sure, and not quite himself, but is currently in a relatively normal frame of mind by all appearances. LE did their job very, very well. 1-5 did not happen and even 6 on my list seems to have been partly accomplished.

They're going to find victim DNA in his car, is my prediction. And stuff on his computer.
To add to JumpingJackFlash's post - LE also said they did not have a POI when they did and were aware of him. Well... maybe technically he wasn't a POI (maybe there are protocols I'm not privy to) but they sure had their eye on BK!

He left a shoe print too. If his shoes picked up fibers from the house, or even traces of blood then there could be transfer in his car even if he cleaned it. IMO criminals might forget to clean the brake and accelerator pedals when trying to scrub their car. And this guy clearly is no Einstein. MOO.

sure, yes for all we know there are hairs from the dog in the car tha will be found. And as I mentioned earlier I have direct experience in a case where a guy wiped down everything but not the back of the back of rear view mirror the headlight stalk.
I was responding to someone who said -- of what we have seen in the affidavit -- the DNA was not the big evidence. It certainly is. Nothing else of what we we have seen in affidavit puts him so definitely inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member