ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BK was not a Ph.D. candidate. He was admitted into a Ph.D. program.

Advancing to candidacy is a major step in all doctoral programs and universities are judged, in part, by the rigor of that process. Some universities have a coursework-only process (where I teach right now does this); but highly ranked universities often require more units of coursework, a lengthy process for dissertation approval that involves out-of-department ethical review, and...the dreaded doctoral orals.

When all this occurs, the person is "Advanced to Candidacy which roughly means "can operate outside of direct supervision as long as they follow the plan and check in every X number of months or weeks."

When a person advances to candidacy, major academic publications may publish a short piece from that person OR lower prestige institutions may offer employment and treat the person almost as if they have a doctorate (except for pay - although many places have a column for ABD (all but dissertation = advanced to candidacy at last).

AFAIK, WSU has a version of this process.

IMO. MOO.

Y'all might be better at timelines than I am but I find them confusing when they jump around. Due to that I went through the PCA and put them in time order so I could make sense of things. I thought I'd share my notes in the event it helps others. :) Also note that while I copied and pasted from the PCA, I did whittle down on the wordiness as I was trying to capture the main points of that time. Lines with only a time and no date are all 11/13/22. I hope some of you find this useful.

8/21 – Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop that occurred in Moscow, Idaho, by CPL Duke. At the time, Kohberger was driving a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649 which was set to expire on November 30, 2022.

8/21 ~10:34 pm to 11:35 pm – the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence.

8/21 @ ~11:37 - Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriffs Deputy CPL Duke. The 8548 Phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway). (Gemmie's note - He is arrested approximately 2 minutes after he stops stalking the occupants of the house on this date. Likely speeding away from King Rd. What a dumb bunny. He must be so excited over what he's doing that he can't even drive properly.)

10/14 - Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU Police Officer.

11/12 and prior (up to June) - the 8458 Phone shows in the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13, 2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days.

11/12 @ ~9:00pm – 1:45am - Chapin & Kernodle are at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. B.F. estimated that approximately, 1:45 a.m. Chapin & Kernodle returned home.

11/12 10:00pm - 11/13 1:30am - Goncalves and Mogen were at a local bar, the Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street, Moscow.

11/13@1:56am – Someone drove Mogen and Goncalves home.

2am – 4am - D.M. and B.F. made statements that indicated the occupants were at home by 2:00 a.m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by ~4:00 a.m.

2:42am - the 8458 Phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to 1630 Northeast Valley Road, Apt G201, Pullman, WA, the "Kohberger Residence."

2:44am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed travelling north on southeast Nevada Street at northeast Stadium Way.

~2:47 a.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage southeast of the Kohberger Residence consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the Kohberger Residence and traveling south through Pullman, WA.

~2:47am - the 8458 Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled

~2:53 a.m Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed traveling southeast on Nevada Street in Pullman, WA towards SR 270. SR 270 connects Pullman, Washington to Moscow, Idaho.

3:00am – 5:00am - A query did not show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular tower resources in close proximity to the King Road Residence between 3:00 a-m. and 5:00 a.m. Based on training, experience, and conversations with law enforcement officers, individuals can leave their cellular telephone at a different location before committing a crime or tum their cellular phone off prior to going to a location to commit a crime.

3:26am – 3:28am – "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed traveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow @ ~3:26 and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m.

3:29am – 4:20am - multiple sightings of Suspect Vehicle 1 starting at 3:29 a.m. and ending at 4:20 a.m. These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive.

4:00am - Kernodle, received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (Gemmie’s note – That means she wasn’t asleep when things went down)

~4am - D.M. stated she was awoken at ~4:00 a.m. by what sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog on the third floor. A short time later, D.M. said she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of "there's someone here."

4:04am - Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time at approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle 1 is in front of the King Road residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

4:12am - Kernodle's cellular phone indicated she was likely awake and using the TikTok app.

4:17am - a security camera picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m.

4:20am - Suspect Vehicle 1 is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed.

4:48am - The 8458 Phone does not report to the network again until approximately 4:48 a.m. at which time it utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to ID state highway 95 south of Moscow, ID near Blaine, ID (north of Genesee).

Between 4:50 am and 5:26 am, the phone utilizes cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling south on ID state highway 95 to Genesee, ID, then traveling west towards Uniontown, ID, and then north back into Pullman, WA.

5:25 am Suspect Vehicle 1, was observed on five cameras in Pullman, WA and on WSU Campus cameras. The first camera was located at 1300 Johnson Road in Pullman. It was observed traveling northbound on Johnson Road. Johnson Road leads directly back to West Palouse River Drive in Moscow which intersects with Conestoga Drive. The white sedan was then observed turning north on Bishop Boulevard and northwest on SR 270.

~5:27 am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was traveling northbound on Stadium Way at Nevada Street, Stadium Way at Grimes Way, Stadium Drive at Wilson Road, and Stadium Way at Cougar Way.

~ 5:30 am, the 8458 Phone is utilizing resources that provide coverage to Pullman, WA and consistent with the phone traveling back to the Kohberger Residence.

9:00am - the 8458 Phone leaving the area of the Kohberger Residence at approximately 9:00 a.m. and traveling to Moscow, ID. Specifically, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9:12 a.m. and 9:21 am. (Gemmie's note - The creep was curious what was going on at the house. :()

9:32am - The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area of the Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9:32 a.m.

12:36pm - the 8458 Phone showed it was near Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 810 Port Drive, Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage from the US Chef’s Store located at 820 Port Drive, Clarkson, WA and adjacent to Kate's Cup of Joe showed Suspect Vehicle 1, drive past Kate's Cup of Joe at a time consistent with the cellular data from the 8548 Phone.

~12:46 pm - the 8458 Phone was at Albertson's grocery store at 400 Bridge Street in Clarkston, Washington. Surveillance footage obtained from the Albertson's showed Kohberger exit the white Elantra at approximately 12:49 p.m. Interior surveillance cameras showed Kohberger walk through the store, purchase unknown items at the checkout, and leave at approximately 1:04 p.m.

~5:32 p.m. - 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being in the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

11/13 @ ~4:00pm – Moscow Police Department (MPD) Sergeant Blaker and I responded to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho, hereafter the "King Road Residence," to assist with scene security and processing of a crime scene associated with four homicides. (Gemmie's note - I first thought this was the 911 call but realized this team went there to do exactly as it says. "Assist with security and crime processing".)

11/18 - Kohberger registered the Elantra with WA and later received WA plate CFB-8708. Prior to this, the Elantra was registered in Pennsylvania, which does not require a front license plate to be displayed

11/25 – be on the lookout for white Hyundai Elantra

11/29 - Washington State University (WSU) Police Officer Daniel Tiengo, queried white Elantra’s registered at WSU. As a result of that query he located a 2015 white Elantra with a Pennsylvania license plate LFZ-8649. This vehicle was registered to Bryan Kohberger

12/13 - vehicle was captured by a license plate reader in Loma.

12/15 - Kohberger's Elantra was then queried by law enforcement in Hancock County, Indiana.

12/16 ~2:26 p.m., surveillance video showed Kohberger's Elantra in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.

12/27 – Trash pickup day!

I've been doing the same - going over this timeline all in one place - and three timeframes interest me:

AFTER he left the Albertsons in Clarkston, WA at 1:04, the PCA does not address the time from 1:04 to 5:32 pm.

- So what was he doing during that timeframe after shopping at Albertsons? Did he buy something there in which he could conceal the knife for burying it somewhere - a cylindrical cookie tin, or Pringle container, or a holiday cylinder or long narrow box for gifting wine or liquor?

Then, from 5:23 to 5:36 pm, the phone connects to the network in Johnson, ID (I think it must actually be Johnson, WA - north of Clarkston, WA - because I cannot find a Johnson, ID).

Then, from 5:36 until 8:30, the phone is disconnected from the network.

- These would be hours AFTER daylight, so if he was burying evidence or placing it somewhere outdoors, he would have cover of darkness.

So, did he temporarily stash evidence after driving south after the murders (at which time he discovered the missing sheath - which he may have hoped to recover when returning to King Rd from 9 to 9:30 am)? And then, later return to grab the evidence for more permanent disposal and/or stashing?

I tend to think he'd want to hold onto that knife or at least stash it somewhere that he knows he can return to later, to recover it.

I admit that after reading every word of the first 45 threads, I have had to resort to skimming since yesterday morning. So if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but I am wondering, LE has said since early on that something was left behind at the scene, that convinced them that these were targeted murders, and I do not get the sense that it was the sheath that was being referred to, as I do not see how that would be indicative of someone being targeted, unless they think it was intentionally left beside MM, which I just do not believe. Was there something else left that has not been mentioned? Am I mis-remembering? Any thoughts? JMO
Not everything is in the affidavit, just what is needed for an arrest. They may have so much more, I think they do and time will tell.

I admit that after reading every word of the first 45 threads, I have had to resort to skimming since yesterday morning. So if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but I am wondering, LE has said since early on that something was left behind at the scene, that convinced them that these were targeted murders, and I do not get the sense that it was the sheath that was being referred to, as I do not see how that would be indicative of someone being targeted, unless they think it was intentionally left beside MM, which I just do not believe. Was there something else left that has not been mentioned? Am I mis-remembering? Any thoughts? JMO
There has been nothing concrete released, but I think it is because one victim was more severely injured than the rest. I’m making inferences from some of SG’s comments.

The affidavit was released about 40 mins before his first hearing today. I imagine this was the same time BK got it.
I’m actually taken back at how calm and collected he was in that hearing. He spoke clearly, didnt seem to be anxious at all.
He’s just read all the stuff they’ve got on him, that the penalty could be death and that was his demeanour?

Also why was he so “eager to get back to Idaho to be exonerated”
He must have knew he left his sheath at the crime scene.
Honestly none of it makes any sense.

The only thing I can think is that he wanted the notoriety. And I’m dissapointed to say he’s got it, it’s a media circus.
He’ll feel like a celeb right now.

Y'all might be better at timelines than I am but I find them confusing when they jump around. Due to that I went through the PCA and put them in time order so I could make sense of things. I thought I'd share my notes in the event it helps others. :) Also note that while I copied and pasted from the PCA, I did whittle down on the wordiness as I was trying to capture the main points of that time. Lines with only a time and no date are all 11/13/22. I hope some of you find this useful.

8/21 – Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop that occurred in Moscow, Idaho, by CPL Duke. At the time, Kohberger was driving a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649 which was set to expire on November 30, 2022.

8/21 ~10:34 pm to 11:35 pm – the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence.

8/21 @ ~11:37 - Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriffs Deputy CPL Duke. The 8548 Phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway). (Gemmie's note - He is arrested approximately 2 minutes after he stops stalking the occupants of the house on this date. Likely speeding away from King Rd. What a dumb bunny. He must be so excited over what he's doing that he can't even drive properly.)

10/14 - Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU Police Officer.

11/12 and prior (up to June) - the 8458 Phone shows in the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13, 2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days.

11/12 @ ~9:00pm – 1:45am - Chapin & Kernodle are at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. B.F. estimated that approximately, 1:45 a.m. Chapin & Kernodle returned home.

11/12 10:00pm - 11/13 1:30am - Goncalves and Mogen were at a local bar, the Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street, Moscow.

11/13@1:56am – Someone drove Mogen and Goncalves home.

2am – 4am - D.M. and B.F. made statements that indicated the occupants were at home by 2:00 a.m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by ~4:00 a.m.

2:42am - the 8458 Phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to 1630 Northeast Valley Road, Apt G201, Pullman, WA, the "Kohberger Residence."

2:44am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed travelling north on southeast Nevada Street at northeast Stadium Way.

~2:47 a.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage southeast of the Kohberger Residence consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the Kohberger Residence and traveling south through Pullman, WA.

~2:47am - the 8458 Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled

~2:53 a.m Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed traveling southeast on Nevada Street in Pullman, WA towards SR 270. SR 270 connects Pullman, Washington to Moscow, Idaho.

3:00am – 5:00am - A query did not show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular tower resources in close proximity to the King Road Residence between 3:00 a-m. and 5:00 a.m. Based on training, experience, and conversations with law enforcement officers, individuals can leave their cellular telephone at a different location before committing a crime or tum their cellular phone off prior to going to a location to commit a crime.

3:26am – 3:28am – "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed traveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow @ ~3:26 and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m.

3:29am – 4:20am - multiple sightings of Suspect Vehicle 1 starting at 3:29 a.m. and ending at 4:20 a.m. These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive.

4:00am - Kernodle, received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (Gemmie’s note – That means she wasn’t asleep when things went down)

~4am - D.M. stated she was awoken at ~4:00 a.m. by what sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog on the third floor. A short time later, D.M. said she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of "there's someone here."

4:04am - Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time at approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle 1 is in front of the King Road residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

4:12am - Kernodle's cellular phone indicated she was likely awake and using the TikTok app.

4:17am - a security camera picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m.

4:20am - Suspect Vehicle 1 is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed.

4:48am - The 8458 Phone does not report to the network again until approximately 4:48 a.m. at which time it utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to ID state highway 95 south of Moscow, ID near Blaine, ID (north of Genesee).

Between 4:50 am and 5:26 am, the phone utilizes cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling south on ID state highway 95 to Genesee, ID, then traveling west towards Uniontown, ID, and then north back into Pullman, WA.

5:25 am Suspect Vehicle 1, was observed on five cameras in Pullman, WA and on WSU Campus cameras. The first camera was located at 1300 Johnson Road in Pullman. It was observed traveling northbound on Johnson Road. Johnson Road leads directly back to West Palouse River Drive in Moscow which intersects with Conestoga Drive. The white sedan was then observed turning north on Bishop Boulevard and northwest on SR 270.

~5:27 am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was traveling northbound on Stadium Way at Nevada Street, Stadium Way at Grimes Way, Stadium Drive at Wilson Road, and Stadium Way at Cougar Way.

~ 5:30 am, the 8458 Phone is utilizing resources that provide coverage to Pullman, WA and consistent with the phone traveling back to the Kohberger Residence.

9:00am - the 8458 Phone leaving the area of the Kohberger Residence at approximately 9:00 a.m. and traveling to Moscow, ID. Specifically, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9:12 a.m. and 9:21 am. (Gemmie's note - The creep was curious what was going on at the house. :()

9:32am - The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area of the Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9:32 a.m.

12:36pm - the 8458 Phone showed it was near Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 810 Port Drive, Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage from the US Chef’s Store located at 820 Port Drive, Clarkson, WA and adjacent to Kate's Cup of Joe showed Suspect Vehicle 1, drive past Kate's Cup of Joe at a time consistent with the cellular data from the 8548 Phone.

~12:46 pm - the 8458 Phone was at Albertson's grocery store at 400 Bridge Street in Clarkston, Washington. Surveillance footage obtained from the Albertson's showed Kohberger exit the white Elantra at approximately 12:49 p.m. Interior surveillance cameras showed Kohberger walk through the store, purchase unknown items at the checkout, and leave at approximately 1:04 p.m.

~5:32 p.m. - 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being in the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

11/13 @ ~4:00pm – Moscow Police Department (MPD) Sergeant Blaker and I responded to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho, hereafter the "King Road Residence," to assist with scene security and processing of a crime scene associated with four homicides. (Gemmie's note - I first thought this was the 911 call but realized this team went there to do exactly as it says. "Assist with security and crime processing".)

11/18 - Kohberger registered the Elantra with WA and later received WA plate CFB-8708. Prior to this, the Elantra was registered in Pennsylvania, which does not require a front license plate to be displayed

11/25 – be on the lookout for white Hyundai Elantra

11/29 - Washington State University (WSU) Police Officer Daniel Tiengo, queried white Elantra’s registered at WSU. As a result of that query he located a 2015 white Elantra with a Pennsylvania license plate LFZ-8649. This vehicle was registered to Bryan Kohberger

12/13 - vehicle was captured by a license plate reader in Loma.

12/15 - Kohberger's Elantra was then queried by law enforcement in Hancock County, Indiana.

12/16 ~2:26 p.m., surveillance video showed Kohberger's Elantra in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.

12/27 – Trash pickup day!

Great summary. Thank you!

Last edited:
sure. that sounds like a good start to a defense strategy. But once it is known the police are looking for a white elantra and you drove a white elantra in that area, why would he not come forward and say....I drove a car fitting that description, that night....here it is please come check it out and clear my name. Instead, he changes registration, and drives it out of town the first chance he gets. Not sure if he made other attempts to hide his ownership of a vehicle matching that description but at least those two things come to mind.
he says he likes shoppping in Moscow.... he will say that the DD person did it IMO
and he (BK) got Door Dash the same night so cross contamination IMO

Apologies if this has been discussed, I haven't been able to keep up with the threads today.

A big question mark for me is his movements on the afternoon of the murders.
  • 12:36 pm: Suspects phone pinged near Kate’s Cup of Joe coffee, 810 Port Drive, Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage across the street captures the suspect's car at this time.
  • 12:46 pm: Suspects phone pinged to Albertson's grocery store at 400 Bridge Street in Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage shows the suspects Elantra and the suspect inside the store.
  • 1:04 pm: Surveillance footage shows the suspect leaving Alberton’s
  • 5:32 pm - 5:36 pm: Suspects phone pings in Johnson ID.
  • 5:36 pm - 8:30 pm: Suspects phone stops reporting to the network

What were the pings between 1:04 pm and 5:32 pm? What was he buying at Albertsons?

What was he doing in Johnson, ID, between 5:36 pm and 8:30 pm? The sun would have started setting by then. Is this when/where he disposed of the weapon?

Johnson, ID, is a little over 2 hours away from his apartment and is quite rural.

View attachment 392959
I wonder if cell phone coverage is weak in between Lewiston and Johnson ID? Maybe that why there's no info for awhile. He may have been scouting a dump site or digging during the nearly 3 hour stay in the Johnson area.

I wouldn't be surprised if LE got a warrant to find out what BK purchased at the Albertsons grocery store. JMO.

Shoe print.
DNA on sheath button.
(I was about to suggest he had partially eaten the food Xana had ordered but he hadn't time and it possibly wasn't vegan)
i think the 'targeted' could have referred to the house of students when they said it originally ,later confirmed by his 12 visits to the area of the house since June.
It may be that his failure to kill D suggested to them that he had only come for the others, initially.?

I apologize if this has been asked or mentioned in the past, the thread is moving so quickly. But do you all think that he went to this house prior to June of 2022? Or do you think he possibly ever went inside while stalking the residence all those months?
iirc, BK moved from PA to WA August 2022. Though I would not be surprised if he had been in the house at some point!

I wonder if there’s any significance to him getting a new cell phone in June 2022. It was still registered in PA so I’m not sure it was related to his move?

The probable cause affidavit mentions cell tower evidence showing BK’s phone being in the area of the King St house on the 14th, but they do not believe that to be true. How can they say that?

Here is the excerpt from the PCA:
Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date. The 8458 Phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date.
Typo? It is odd but no doubt it will be explained or clarified at some point.
JMO

New thought…I think it’s possible that BK had his phone with him (turning it on and off) because he was checking the girls’ social media accounts to see if they were up doing anything?

Possibly, but doubtful.

A first year phd student likely isn’t already thinking of dissertation as they have to get through coursework and comprehensive exams go get though . Even if a student comes in with an idea- most faculty assume these ideas will change over time, education, conversation, and also what faculty are interested in/experts in studying. A first semester, first term PhD student is such a newbie they don’t even register.

It’s so common for new PHD students to think they have a theory or this paradigm shift that they can solve crime- but the end of the day, that would be so so so rare it’s not even worth attempting to talk about. They would be the hero of the field. There’s rarely a new theory that lasts or isn’t just an existing theory reframed.

Also, for what it’s worth, the survey he did as a Masters student was trash and wouldn’t never have been approved or earned a PHD if that were his dissertation research- it would have been TORN apart. For a masters student the standard is much lower, but as a PHD student, those measures and construction would have been peer reviewed horribly.
His Masters 'research' was however approved by his Masters professor as acceptable in its context.

Possibly the same car driving around the house all the time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895