ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what the heck did he do with it? Just stuff it in his pocket? How could you do that without cutting yourself? And yes, you’re right, it’s highly likely he’d have to set that knife down somewhere and it would leave trace evidence. I know everyone has been speculating that he surely must have gotten rid of that thing… but for some reason, I don’t think he did… He’s obsessive and weird… I am totally speculating, and usually I hate when people do that about this stuff, but I’m just going to throw it out there… I don’t think he would dispose of the knife. I think he would want to keep it. Being that he’s so wildly arrogant about criminology, he probably wasn’t dumb enough to keep it in his apartment, but I bet he has a creepy little hiding spot somewhere.
I agree. He has the knife stashed somewhere as a trophy.

I just realized something extra creepy. He was not running to leave. He was calm enough that she wasn't alarmed. Thats so scary
The affidavit states she frozen in fear/shock, and she immediately locked herself in her room...so who knows. Personally I don't feel right speculating or questioning ANYTHING about DMs response or actions....of the 5 residents of that house NO ONE will be more traumatized for the rest of her life. Everything relevant to the case will be known in time, and I think the least the internet can do is give the poor girl some semblance of peace to try and somehow move forward with her life.

This is something that bothers me. Why would he leave the sheath? It is not like it fell and was out of site under the bed or under the covers. It was right there on top next to the victim. Most people I know with knives either have their sheath on their belt or clipped to a pocket - but they always put the knife in the sheath when they are done. It is a habit, especially with a big knife. Just strange to me that he would carry his knife out without it. JMO

IMO, maybe he left the sheath there on purpose to send a message.

The affidavit states she frozen in fear/shock, and she immediately locked herself in her room...so who knows. Personally I don't feel right speculating or questioning ANYTHING about DMs response or actions....of the 5 residents of that house NO ONE will be more traumatized for the rest of her life. Everything relevant to the case will be known in time, and I think the least the internet can do is give the poor girl some semblance of peace to try and somehow move forward with her life.
I think you misunderstood. There's no questioning of this poor girl, at all!!! The questioning was that HE was still so calm after murdering 4 people that he seemingly walked out. He wasn't running. That is very scary, to me.

That Reddit questionnaire of his was supposed to be part of his thesis. Here's the link.

This says he graduated. He does have a masters/
let's not defrock or whatever him too.
He did graduate.

I'm sure not everything DM saw and recounted to LE is in that PCA. LE doesn't included everything, just enough to convince a judge of probably cause.

All I can think of DM's experience is she was, in her mind, prey and a predator was approaching. I real think it came down to her brain saying freeze, don't move, if you move, you die. It's just terrifying to think about. BK could well have seen her but not seen her, possibly because of his state of mind.

It sounds like, according to what we know from DM's accounting that we've been told, that she was woken around 4am to the noise from Kaylee and Maddie's murders. Shortly after noises from Xana's bedroom area. I think BK may have heard the Door Dash exchange activity and the in coming downstairs he saw Xana was up so went to that bedroom, maybe thinking, oh no did she hear me?

DM hears those murders and then the confrontation, her mind tells her, just don't move. It's so visceral.

Why doesn't her mind, after locking her door in probably choking fear and confusion, convince her to call 911? That is a question but I'm not going to judge because at her young age and not knowing her personality or history, it's impossible to know how her mind would cope in that situation.

That young woman is lucky and blessed to be alive. When BK is finally put on trial the public will know DM's full experience I'm sure. She'll mostly likely never let it go...ever </3
AJMO
FINALLY someone acknowledging fight, flight or FREEZE. Thank you.

Yes, I find it unusual she shut her door, didn’t call 911 and only came out again at midday BUT I m looking at it through calm, rational, logical eyes that haven’t experienced potentially the worst situation you ever possibly could. She is also very young. I bet many of you twice her age would still possibly act this way or in an equally ‘odd’ way.

She has to live with her decisions that night for the rest of her life. I have zero belief her calling 911 would’ve changed the outcome for any of the murdered victims, however I’m sure she will second guess that for the rest of her life.

Lordy, we went out to dinner and now I'm a whole thread behind again. :eek:

I don't recall reading anything in the PCA that confirms whether BK saw D or not. Did I miss it? When I read of her "opening her door" I remember wondering how on earth he could have NOT seen her. Now I wonder if she just opened it a few inches, and he mercifully didn't see her at all. I sort of rationalized it in my head that maybe they mis-reported the time everything was discovered, and the 911 call coming so late, so it didn't give the perpetrator any reason to come looking for her. But maybe I just have a reading comprehension problem. LOL

The PCA shouldn’t have information on whether BK noticed or saw DM, unless he reacted to her in some way or they asked him.
She didn’t say that he did or didn’t see her, at least in the PCA, so she doesn’t know, which means LE doesn’t know.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member