Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this article, Lucy references possible nefarious activity, three times. Why would she be thinking that, in particular, just 2 days after his disappearance?

"He’s not stupid, in my mind he’s not going to go off a main path and down a sheer drop or cliffs unless he’s been forced down by someone who could have been following him."

That bolded part is a rather particular and definitive possible scenario.

"There’s something not right. I’m really starting to think something’s going on"

Why think this? Just 50 hours in to Jays disappearance? It's yet another reference to something going on other than just getting 'lost'.

"he sounded very distressed and I don’t know what’s going on and I’m thinking now whether he was just distressed because he had no water or because of something else.

And then there are the words reported to be from Jay himself....

"I can’t go back, I don’t know where I am"

I find this to be a curious statement. If one is on a paved road, and takes a dirt lane down a hillside, and goes on a path from there, then, one is not lost...you'd simply turn around and retrace your steps back, yes? But to not know where you are, to me, implies some how Jay wound up in a location where he was totally unfamiliar with his surroundings, and could not determine how to find his way back to the path or trail that led him to where he was....so, did he walk/run down and/or through unmarked territory, off any trail whatsoever, and get lost in the bush? I mean, I've looked at the territory closely, and it would be quite insane to do that. Lucy says, once again, in this article.....

"He’s not stupid, in my mind he’s not going to go off a main path and down a sheer drop or cliffs unless he’s been forced down by someone who could have been following him."

Finally, the idea that Jay was totally out of it due to some drug induced state of mental disorientation just isn't working for me at this juncture, as he did have the wherewithal to make a few calls, knew who he was calling on the phone, knew his phone was about to die, and seems to have clearly recognized he was lost.

I don't recall reading this detailed interview. Thank you for sharing it.
I suppose the bolded statements check out now that we have heard the update from MWT.

In this article, Lucy references possible nefarious activity, three times. Why would she be thinking that, in particular, just 2 days after his disappearance?

That bolded part is a rather particular and definitive possible scenario.

"There’s something not right. I’m really starting to think something’s going on"

Why think this? Just 50 hours in to Jays disappearance? It's yet another reference to something going on other than just getting 'lost'.

"he sounded very distressed and I don’t know what’s going on and I’m thinking now whether he was just distressed because he had no water or because of something else.

And then there are the words reported to be from Jay himself....

"I can’t go back, I don’t know where I am"

I find this to be a curious statement. If one is on a paved road, and takes a dirt lane down a hillside, and goes on a path from there, then, one is not lost...you'd simply turn around and retrace your steps back, yes? But to not know where you are, to me, implies some how Jay wound up in a location where he was totally unfamiliar with his surroundings, and could not determine how to find his way back to the path or trail that led him to where he was....so, did he walk/run down and/or through unmarked territory, off any trail whatsoever, and get lost in the bush? I mean, I've looked at the territory closely, and it would be quite insane to do that. Lucy says, once again, in this article.....

Finally, the idea that Jay was totally out of it due to some drug induced state of mental disorientation just isn't working for me at this juncture, as he did have the wherewithal to make a few calls, knew who he was calling on the phone, knew his phone was about to die, and seems to have clearly recognized he was lost.

This is a hard statement for me. He went with someone he really didn't know to a place hours away from where he was staying and without any people he really knew. That's not exactly a great choice. If he could make that kind of choice, anything else is open to possibility. So sure, in my mind he could have chosen what he thought was a shorter route and ended up on a goat trail and gotten lost. Not hard if your are a person who is in an unfamiliar place and does not know orienteering. And it's not a slam. Not everyone thinks the world is out to get them and plans for option Z happening. But when you end up with option Z and you don't have a plan, it can be a problem.

Apparently the hire car at the Masca AirBNB was found to have a flat tyre. Just speculation on my part but could Jay have possibly slashed the tyre to ensure getting a head start on his getaway? Just my thoughts and MOO. Interestingly the word Masca in Solmali means snake.

It's very hard to slash a car tyre but could stab a knife in I suppose or let the air out is more likely

It's very hard to slash a car tyre but could stab a knife in I suppose or let the air out is more likely
While that is just a rumor, (at least I have seen no official report yet, but I could have missed it), it's not hard to pop a hole in the sidewall. It can be done with a Bic stick pen. Don't ask me how I know.

I don't recall reading this detailed interview. Thank you for sharing it.
I suppose the bolded statements check out now that we have heard the update from MWT.
I had a read back through some older articles too and it's very suggestive that something more went on other than a missing person also a lot of videos of Warren or news crews on dust paths / hiking trails on msm that point toward there been accessibility if you wanted to stay off the road I don't understand why jay would have went into overgrowth unless he though it was a shortcut to the sea he seemed to have the wits about him to call his friends, send snaps and ask about bus times for me to think he was out of his head unable to function or be chasing butterfly's and unicorns maybe I'm thinking as an older adult but I've spoken to a number of young people and ask them their opinion and they just said if they wanted to stay off the main road they would follow the dirt track there is also no suggestion jay drank or took any drugs after leaving after party at approximately 4am and ayub suggested jay was on the sofa trying to sleep or sleeping when buzzer off door went and he asked what's that sound so he had 4 plus hours to sober up a bit so while tired ,thirsty and hungry he didn't seem drunk and if he did want food as ayub says he was on the comedown as to my knowledge you don't get hungry on cocaine or ecstasy or another type of party drug maybe cannabis yes but would that have you disoriented enough to wander into inaccessible terrain

I had a read back through some older articles too and it's very suggestive that something more went on other than a missing person also a lot of videos of Warren or news crews on dust paths / hiking trails on msm that point toward there been accessibility if you wanted to stay off the road I don't understand why jay would have went into overgrowth unless he though it was a shortcut to the sea he seemed to have the wits about him to call his friends, send snaps and ask about bus times for me to think he was out of his head unable to function or be chasing butterfly's and unicorns maybe I'm thinking as an older adult but I've spoken to a number of young people and ask them their opinion and they just said if they wanted to stay off the main road they would follow the dirt track there is also no suggestion jay drank or took any drugs after leaving after party at approximately 4am and ayub suggested jay was on the sofa trying to sleep or sleeping when buzzer off door went and he asked what's that sound so he had 4 plus hours to sober up a bit so while tired ,thirsty and hungry he didn't seem drunk and if he did want food as ayub says he was on the comedown as to my knowledge you don't get hungry on cocaine or ecstasy or another type of party drug maybe cannabis yes but would that have you disoriented enough to wander into inaccessible terrain
Nor do you get sleepy on those type of party drugs. I suspect if he said he needed food or "scran" as was quoted then this was his polite excuse to up and leave

Found a couple of new articles interesting now a waitress has come out and said jay was unwell at nightclub

Last edited:

Found a couple of new articles interesting now a waitress has come out and said jay was unwell at AirBnB
The waitress at the nightclub where the rave was not the air b&b. Somewhat off topic slightly but raves were never in nightclubs in rave era of the late 80s and 90s... no one went to a discotheque to rave... how times change

Found a couple of new articles interesting now a waitress has come out and said jay was unwell at nightclub

Thanks!
Anti - tourist tax?
Wow!

From link above:

"Authorities in Masca are expected to slap visitors to the area with a £24 fee due to 'overcrowding'.

But it is understood from Friday tourists will have to pay to walk the ravine's trails.

It is expected to be open to hikers only,
who will have to prebook and pay £23 each.

Only 275 people will be allowed a day -
and no more than 100,000 a year,
according to plans by Tenerife Island Council.

Officials have blamed 'overcrowding' for the move -
but it is unclear what this will mean for volunteers still looking for Jay.

Residents will not have to pay and
will not be counted in the daily limit."

Last edited:
The waitress at the nightclub where the rave was not the air b&b. Somewhat off topic slightly but raves were never in nightclubs in rave era of the late 80s and 90s... no one went to a discotheque to rave... how times change
Thank you I have AirBnB on the brain there would have been venues in the 90s in ireland anyway for raves look up raves in the mansion House dublin and you will see plenty of footage

Thank you I have AirBnB on the brain there would have been venues in the 90s in ireland anyway for raves look up raves in the mansion House dublin and you will see plenty of footage
Yes agreed...the rave scene took a change of direction in the mid 90s went a bit more upmarket moved to stately homes and posher venues but initially when it was gritty old skool raving it was old warehouses and disused buildings. Clubbing took over eventually, now the kids call it " an event"

Thanks!
Anti - tourist tax?
Wow!

"Authorities in Masca are expected to slap visitors to the area with a £24 fee due to 'overcrowding'."
Seems like tourists are not being welcomed in a lot of typical tourist destinations now I don't know what 24 pounds will do to address overcrowding people will still pay it ..I would imagine locals are sick of the trouble that comes with a minority of tourists and it just outweighs any of the positives I wouldn't exactly label Jay's parent's as tourists would you Dotta bit unfair if they were forced to pay this ..they definitely seem to have stuck to their word anyway of not leaving tenerife without their son which is commendable all the same how they are managing in such tragic circumstances they must be emotionally exhausted

Yes agreed...the rave scene took a change of direction in the mid 90s went a bit more upmarket moved to stately homes and posher venues but initially when it was gritty old skool raving it was old warehouses and disused buildings. Clubbing took over eventually, now the kids call it " an event"
True when first came on the scene it was more underground you are right ..do you think jay might have overdosed if waitress said he was unwell at nightclub

Thanks!
Anti - tourist tax?
Wow!

From link above:

"Authorities in Masca are expected to slap visitors to the area with a £24 fee due to 'overcrowding'.

But it is understood from Friday tourists will have to pay to walk the ravine's trails.

On one hand, it almost seems like they don't want people to search. That is the conspiracy side of me. On the other hand, in the US there are National Parks that have areas that only allow people with registrations and only x amount of people per day and that is to protect the area from being destroyed. Some people have no manners when it comes to the natural lands. It might be that they are trying to discourage looky loos that hamper things and might trash up the trails, to put a more positive spin on it.

Seems like tourists are not being welcomed in a lot of typical tourist destinations now I don't know what 24 pounds will do to address overcrowding people will still pay it ..I would imagine locals are sick of the trouble that comes with a minority of tourists and it just outweighs any of the positives I wouldn't exactly label Jay's parent's as tourists would you Dotta bit unfair if they were forced to pay this ..they definitely seem to have stuck to their word anyway of not leaving tenerife without their son which is commendable all the same how they are managing in such tragic circumstances they must be emotionally exhausted

Of course.
I don't think they will pay any taxes.
These poor parents and the whole family :(
I respect them wholeheartedly for fighting for their son/brother/nephew.
I wish them STRENGTH to carry on.

It was better when you had to quietly let people know where to go, imo. The whole "secretness" of it. Not like you couldn't hear it from five miles away, but that barn out in farmer J's north 40? So cool.

Thanks!
Anti - tourist tax?
Wow!

From link above:

Omg Dotta charging for the trails too I wonder is that why Jay's parents are looking to buy property there and such a specific number too 275 people only and if only Jay's dad and mum and brother went looking it would be 23 x3 plus 24 x3 which is just under 150 I wonder is it per day or length of stay

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back