Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
19 Jun 2024
Jay and Lucy went their separate ways that evening. Lucy told the MEN: "I'd left the festival to come back to my hotel early because I was tired. Jay had stayed on with two new friends he'd made and a guy who we'd come with so there were four of them."

"I think those friends were British, although when I left the festival everyone was just mingling around.”

Stepdad Andy Watson has cast doubt over the theory that Jay would have tried to walk back from the friend’s house to where he was staying. He said: “He has me run him down to the hairdressers. It is 200 yards away - why would he walk eight hours?"

In a further appeal to find him this morning, Lucy again expressed her surprise that no-one had spotted Jay. She said: "Jay's not stupid, it was just before 9am when he rang me so broad daylight and the area he was in is full of hikers."
*Lucy is so careful not to mention Brad's name. Where exactly was he during this phone call?

*eta: or Brandon's name tbf

Last edited:
19 Jun 2024
Jay and Lucy went their separate ways that evening. Lucy told the MEN: "I'd left the festival to come back to my hotel early because I was tired. Jay had stayed on with two new friends he'd made and a guy who we'd come with so there were four of them."

"I think those friends were British, although when I left the festival everyone was just mingling around.”

Stepdad Andy Watson has cast doubt over the theory that Jay would have tried to walk back from the friend’s house to where he was staying. He said: “He has me run him down to the hairdressers. It is 200 yards away - why would he walk eight hours?"

In a further appeal to find him this morning, Lucy again expressed her surprise that no-one had spotted Jay. She said: "Jay's not stupid, it was just before 9am when he rang me so broad daylight and the area he was in is full of hikers."
*Lucy is so careful not to mention Brad's name. Where exactly was he during this phone call?
Or possibly, another one of their friends' name, who has been less mentioned in the media?

Does anyone know who Jay was staying with in his Los Cristianos hotel? I read that Lucy was staying at a separate accommodation
*19 Jun
“He and his friend Brad who he flew out here with would have been getting up tomorrow and flying home.

“They had a flight tomorrow morning. I’ve got the tickets as well as Jay’s passport which has had a stop put on it by the British authorities before they knew it was in my possession.

“Brad’s going to stay now. No-one’s going to go to the airport just in case Jay turns up there because I know for a fact he would have been in contact with someone and won’t be suddenly reappearing there without warning."

What the stepdad says is significant. If Jay always requested lifts everywhere, and wasn't the 'type' to embark on a hike, then why would he have done so on that morning, when he had no idea of his exact route? One can only reason that either he just wasn't making logical decisions as a result of drinking/drugs over the previous three days and nights OR that he was indeed fearful for his own safety and desperate to get away from that Airbnb.

Of course, those two options are not mutually exclusive. He may have been both genuinely fearful *and* not making sound decisions.

Whether he was right to be fearful or he was experiencing paranoia as a result of something he'd taken, we may never know.

It must be sheer hell for his family.

What the stepdad says is significant. If Jay always requested lifts everywhere, and wasn't the 'type' to embark on a hike, then why would he have done so on that morning, when he had no idea of his exact route? One can only reason that either he just wasn't making logical decisions as a result of drinking/drugs over the previous three days and nights OR that he was indeed fearful for his own safety and desperate to get away from that Airbnb.

Of course, those two options are not mutually exclusive. He may have been both genuinely fearful *and* not making sound decisions.

Whether he was right to be fearful or he was experiencing paranoia as a result of something he'd taken, we may never know.

It must be sheer hell for his family.
I can't get past the 30 minute gap between his leaving the BnB and calling Lucy. And the anomaly of Brad's saying he was 'living his best life' and yet 30 minutes later, he was lost and desperate... while MWT is saying he was fearful from the start, which would mean even when he spoke to Brad..... although Brad says not.... and round and round we go. And then there's the 'other call' which came in while he was talking to Brad. Is that where the change in his demeanour occurred?

I can't find the piece I read, does anyone else remember that early on it was said Jays friend had flown 'back over' from England?

EDIT FOR CLARITY & CORRECTION - I originally questioned why a fourth person with Jay at the AirBnB wouldn’t have left with him. I’ve helpfully been corrected and there does not seem to be any MSM confirmation of a fourth person at the AirBnB, so deleted my original post to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
....and have they DNA-tested the broken sunglasses found by the volunteer 'TikTok?' searcher, 'Chris Tenerife''? I don't think I've seen them mentioned again since he announced that he'd found them - and he has apparently now disappeared from SM. Another herring in the murky pond.

As far as I am aware, after reading, no one has ever said how the ‘other friend’ Jay went to the AirBnB with got back to the resort area where they were staying. Can anyone correct me?
I find it very bizarre that I haven’t seen mention of this. I’d assume that they would have intended to leave together and find it bizarre Jay would leave without them. to me this feels like it does point towards Jay being fearful and leaving quickly (whether the fear was real or perceived). MOO
I've only once seen a cursory mention (was it Lucy?) that 'there were 4 of them'. Every other narrative I've seen has been that there were just AQ and his friend in the front seats and Jay in the back.

As far as I am aware, after reading, no one has ever said how the ‘other friend’ Jay went to the AirBnB with got back to the resort area where they were staying. Can anyone correct me?
I find it very bizarre that I haven’t seen mention of this. I’d assume that they would have intended to leave together and find it bizarre Jay would leave without them. to me this feels like it does point towards Jay being fearful and leaving quickly (whether the fear was real or perceived). MOO
Afaik, no other friend or 'the other friend' was confirmed or suspected to have gone to the airbnb. Only reports of it are from highly unreliable SM sources.

I've only once seen a cursory mention (was it Lucy?) that 'there were 4 of them'. Every other narrative I've seen has been that there were just AQ and his friend in the front seats and Jay in the back.
Thank you, just had another look at the DM article which states only 3 in the car too. I wonder who these other young people are in the Instagram videos, and why so many of them visited the AirBnB in Masca if they were just going to go to bed once they got there.

Thank you, just had another look at the DM article which states only 3 in the car too. I wonder who these other young people are in the Instagram videos, and why so many of them visited the AirBnB in Masca if they were just going to go to bed once they got there.

That video is presumed to be on another day than the day Jay went missing and there is not known any connection between those additional people on the video and Jay

The TV sleuth, 54, said: "We know now that Jay took certain actions while at the rental because he was clearly worried about his own safety. This was shortly before he decided to leave."
The statement "took certain actions "jumps out at me I wonder did jay take the keys off the car so he wouldn't be followed I'm not judging at all and have stated in a previous comment that lots of teenagers get caught up in illegal behaviour as they want to fit in with their peers but I had wondered why jay didn't steal a car as lots of teens especially young lads engaged in this cycle of behaviour would know how to hot wire a car or break in to a property and steal the keys for newer models I wonder could he not drive I now am starting to wonder is jay in hiding as he is worried about repercussions in the UK not like these guys lived in a different country to him I'm assuming they knew the area he was from and he would be relatively easy to find and I'm wondering is this new clue being reported to put the feelers out to try draw AirBnB no2 out ,he seems to have gone to ground and media can't touch him

IMO … can think of just 2 reasons why a person goes back to a “new friend’s” house after clubbing.
Especially if their home is geographically far from yours. The travel distance adds more weight to decision making. If it’s far from your place, you need to be much more motivated by those 2 possible reasons to go there because it’s far, and you will need to travel home (time, expense).

Never leave your friends when going out at night. Ever.

That video is presumed to be on another day than the day Jay went missing and there is not known any connection between those additional people on the video and Jay
Yes. What I’m saying is, I wonder why multiple young people would go to an AirBnB with a man in his 30s far away from the tourist resorts on the island, especially if they are likely to go to bed soon after getting there.

The papers must have permission to show the faces of the young lads otherwise it leaves DM open to litigation are they doing gang signs on the wall

IMO … can think of just 2 reasons why a person goes back to a “new friend’s” house after clubbing.
Especially if their home is geographically far from yours. The travel distance adds more weight to decision making. If it’s far from your place, you need to be much more motivated by those 2 possible reasons to go there because it’s far, and you will need to travel home (time, expense).

Never leave your friends when going out at night. Ever.
Yeah, very strange. The other reason is that you can’t get home and need somewhere to stay (the reason which has been given in this case)…

I wonder is it taken over the weekend that ayub rented the Airbnb so from the Friday to the Monday or was this a regular booking for him and if so wouldn't ophelia be more familiar with them than just oh they dropped in for coffee to the cafe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back