ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PCA said they went through a license reader in Loma Co on I-70. It is sure a long ways around to get to PA. Maybe to avoid detection.
I think it was mentioned back when this took place that the owners of the king street house lived in Colorado

Last edited:
Possibly, but doubtful.

A first year phd student likely isn’t already thinking of dissertation as they have to get through coursework and comprehensive exams go get though . Even if a student comes in with an idea- most faculty assume these ideas will change over time, education, conversation, and also what faculty are interested in/experts in studying. A first semester, first term PhD student is such a newbie they don’t even register.

It’s so common for new PHD students to think they have a theory or this paradigm shift that they can solve crime- but the end of the day, that would be so so so rare it’s not even worth attempting to talk about. They would be the hero of the field. There’s rarely a new theory that lasts or isn’t just an existing theory reframed.

Also, for what it’s worth, the survey he did as a Masters student was trash and wouldn’t never have been approved or earned a PHD if that were his dissertation research- it would have been TORN apart. For a masters student the standard is much lower, but as a PHD student, those measures and construction would have been peer reviewed horribly.
Completely agree and I think this is important context. When I started my PhD, I began in one place and ended up in a VERY different one after coursework and when I began my dissertation (so, roughly 3.5 years after beginning the program).

And re: the MA survey -- his professor from DeSales confirmed that the responses of the survey were not used in his thesis, and he had to adapt it as a result.

Curious question that I've often wondered but never really dug into... does a defense attorney generally know whether their client is actually guilty of the crime they are charged of? Or how does that work? I cannot imagine having motivation to build a defense case on someone I knew was guilty. But I also can't imagine the not knowing and trying to build a case. Any attorneys here to shed light?
Only if the client admits it to the attorney. Some don't, but some do because of the attorney-client privilege. Whether the attorney knows or not, they're still sworn to defend them as if they were innocent. That's why I could never be a defense attorney. JMO

Source: Can a Lawyer Defend Someone They Know is Guilty? - The Defenders

**editing to add, I am not an attorney, and that it may also vary from state to state.

Last edited:
Does perjury actually have to be disclosed to a judge or instead is it that the attorney cannot continue to act for the client?
Also, do you have a source for your statement that an attorney has to disclose to the police if he becomes aware of the location of crucial evidence? I know that an attorney cannot hold on to or help dispose something the know to be evidence. But I have not heard that the attorney has to tell the police if they become aware of

Does perjury actually have to be disclosed to a judge or instead is it that the attorney cannot continue to act for the client?
Also, do you have a source for your statement that an attorney has to disclose to the police if he becomes aware of the location of crucial evidence? I know that an attorney cannot hold on to or help dispose something the know to be evidence. But I have not heard that the attorney has to tell the police if they become aware of its location. We

Also, do you have a source for your statement that an attorney has to disclose to the police if he becomes aware of the location of crucial evidence? I know that an attorney cannot hold on to or help dispose something the know to be evidence. But I have not heard that the attorney has to tell the police if they become aware of its location.
Attorney should inform judge of perjury but can still represent client. When i metioned police notification I meant prosecution which would notify LE.
These are rules of professional conduct and each state has there own rules and ethics but are all similiar in context.

This. I think it was in the Chandler Halderson trial where the cell phone expert said that random towers may get pinged briefly if the closer ones aren’t available. So there may have been a random ping to one that serves Moscow but then quickly went back to the other “regular” Pullman ones.
Yes. I think it's more interesting that BK's phone didn't connect with any Moscow towers after November 14th. He decided it wouldn't be a good idea to be seen there. JMO.

If he only thought two were home and kept finding more people, may have been frantic and focused on getting out of there. If EC was the person who said “I’ll help you,” then she may have thought the incident was being handled. We don’t know who said that or if that is, in fact, what was said.

It interests me that Xana is the one who seems likely to be the one who fought back. If EC was stabbed while sleeping, she may have seen him and been the one to say she was going to help. Perhaps she was in the bathroom and EC was stabbed in that brief window of time.

Idk. Makes me sick to think about it. Jmo
I think they listed MM, KG, XK and EC in this order in the PCA and at todays hearing because BK killed MM first (lost the knife sheath after opening it), then KG, at this point the dog is barking and DM think KG is playing with the dog, then XK (maybe she was heading to the bathroom or the shared area and saw BK and she is the one who said « there is someone here ») and then EC.

OK Woooweeee a busy day today! I've been sick so haven't really been posting, but wanted to address the elephant in the room, so to speak. Yes. Lots of people asking the same question. (As did I.) Why wait 9 hours to call the police? Still lots of questions, but it is entirely possible that she didn't realize a crime was committed. Maybe she thought it was one of the girls having a hook-up (it's college) or just someone that came in with them from the bar or something. Happens all the time. Might have creeped her out a bit, but not enough to really worry or make a big thing in the middle of the night.

The good thing? She got a look at the guy and I'd be willing to bet she picked him out of a photo lineup at some point earlier in the investigation. Regardless of anything else, she helps the case tremendously, because, unbeknownst to ANYONE, we have an eyewitness.

Yer done BK.

I admit that after reading every word of the first 45 threads, I have had to resort to skimming since yesterday morning. So if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but I am wondering, LE has said since early on that something was left behind at the scene, that convinced them that these were targeted murders, and I do not get the sense that it was the sheath that was being referred to, as I do not see how that would be indicative of someone being targeted, unless they think it was intentionally left beside MM, which I just do not believe. Was there something else left that has not been mentioned? Am I mis-remembering? Any thoughts? JMO
I tend to think something else was left behind, but I think LE is holding that information back. We have very little detail about the victims' wounds (number, severity, location). We don't know if there was any type of message left. We don't know if anything was taken from the home.

Having said that, I do think the sheath could have been left by M's body purposely. And that even if it was dropped accidentally, its location still probably indicates that M was the first person attacked (and quite possibly was the/a primary target).

The targeted idea could be related to the killer knew two of the deceased female victims from a restaurant they both worked in that served vegan food as killer was a vegan. Another member came up with this theory that runs with a newspaper article that said the killer frequented a greek restaurant i believe in Pennsylvania and gave female waitresses there problems when he drank too much and they reported to owner so he could be monitored. He frequented this restaurant because it had vegan options.....that and waitresses he wanted to stalk maybe.

I think that was just an opinion on what BK might say, but of course, the police can always trace door dash orders so I wouldn't really give it much attention to it unless BK is dumb enough to try and think that it couldn't be debunked. Which may be the case because for someone who is going for a Doctorate in a CJ field he sure was real sloppy with this one
Is there confusion over what they had received from Door dash that early morning? And was on TiKTok at the time before she heard on the sounds?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of family members want to know every little detail. Sometimes they want to see their loved one even if they are advised against it. I'm thinking somehow it helps them. Not sure I could though.
Agreed. It’s different for every family. Maddie’s dad says he could barely read it and won’t be at the trial. Whereas Kaylee’s family wanted details and answers and will be staring him down at the trial.

Since Murphy’s breed is hypoallergenic, does that also mean that he doesn’t shed though, or do hypoallergenic dogs still shed? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I am not familiar with all that the “hypoallergenic” label for dogs entails… from what I understand from friends who have them, they don’t shed. Either way though, even if there’s no physical evidence connected to Murphy, I’d be willing to bet BK’s car is chock full of physical evidence that would be far more useful in proving his guilt. That’s my hope anyway.
I have 2. The first gen doodles shed. 2 gen are bred with poodles a second time. They either are nore hypoallergenic and may shed or shed less (depends on the genetics they inherit).

The 1st Gen we have sheds a lot.
The 2nd Gen had poodle type hair and does not.

One curious thing after reading the probable cause affidavit about the cell phone pings on the morning of the murder and the next day -- its striking that the areas the phone traveled outside of Moscow and Pullman were near the sites of the Lewis Clark Valley Serial Killer murders. Obviously, our suspect here is way too young to have been involved in those murders, but it was like a tour of the areas. Not to mention, Lewiston is near the Snake River and Columbia River, a great place to get rid of a murder weapon. One of the victims in those murders, Kristina David, was traveling by bike between Moscow and Lewiston, south on 95, where the cell phone pinged in this case, when she was abducted. Small world.

If you have not caught up on the Lewis Clark Valley murders, there is a great documentary out there on it and here's the wikipedia page. An interesting twist in that case is that LE very much thinks they know who committed those crimes back between 1979 and 1982, but have not been able to prove it (again, those crimes were nowhere near as brazen as these).

Keeping the car period, does not make much sense IMO. He could have easily abandoned it in a bad neighborhood, with the keys, and when it's recovered, where's my knife ?...here comes your reasonable doubt.

ETA. A simple disguise,a one hour bus ride from Spokane to Pullman and $30.00.
I honestly think he planned these murders for the same month the cars registration expired on purpose so he could easily cover his tracks if someone did see the car at the crime scene, and the PA plate on it.

This is just horrendous. What the victims went threw and what the families and survivors are going threw..I am wondering if BK met or saw K or M at that bar they go to maybe one of them turned him down or he didn't have the balls to approach them and that's where the following/stalking started.he wouldn't look out of place there . Jmoo
When it was reported that a local bar he frequented at home in PA had “flagged” his ID, and noted him to be aggressively flirty and he’d made the female staff uncomfortable, I wondered the same exact thing.

Either way, somehow he latched onto one or more of these kids and now here we are. It’s just horrifying to imagine that something like that can happen, just because (unbeknownst to the victim(s) a person can have a seemingly innocuous interaction with some psycho who then becomes utterly fixated and intent on doing that person harm. This guy, BK, is what nightmares are made of… and I really hope these sweet kids get the justice they deserve.

Last edited:
Night sleuthers! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the conversation. I haven’t been here since the awful Watts case.

And stay safe! Seriously! I have a very loud barking dog who would probably hide if I were attacked…. Or maybe not. I don’t want to find out. So my sliding door is secured and my windows are locked. Not saying at all this wasn’t the case in this heartbreaking crime. I just always make sure.

I believe he was stalking at least one of the girls. Jmo. We never know who’s watching. That sounds so dire, but it is true. Be safe! ❤️
I was thinking those thoughts earlier in a kind of a shocked state.
How random murder can so easily occur and that nobody is ever truly safe from it.

Since Murphy’s breed is hypoallergenic, does that also mean that he doesn’t shed though, or do hypoallergenic dogs still shed? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, I am not familiar with all that the “hypoallergenic” label for dogs entails… from what I understand from friends who have them, they don’t shed. Either way though, even if there’s no physical evidence connected to Murphy, I’d be willing to bet BK’s car is chock full of physical evidence that would be far more useful in proving his guilt. That’s my hope anyway.

I've owned two doodle breeds. They DO shed, just not as much/in the same way as other dogs. They shed in puffs, like little tumbleweeds, so there's every possibility that BK could've gotten some Murphy hair on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother