ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of I 122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early moming hours of their respective days.
Reading between the lines. I don't know where these cell towers are, but based on an FCC Map there are only like 6 cell tower locations in Moscow. (Looks like sites put numerous carrier towers in one location, so there are apparently So was he trolling the general vicinity looking for potential victims and not just 1122 King?

The affidavit was released about 40 mins before his first hearing today. I imagine this was the same time BK got it.
I’m actually taken back at how calm and collected he was in that hearing. He spoke clearly, didnt seem to be anxious at all.
He’s just read all the stuff they’ve got on him, that the penalty could be death and that was his demeanour?

Also why was he so “eager to get back to Idaho to be exonerated”
He must have knew he left his sheath at the crime scene.
Honestly none of it makes any sense.

The only thing I can think is that he wanted the notoriety. And I’m dissapointed to say he’s got it, it’s a media circus.
He’ll feel like a celeb right now.
I agree. I’ve been wondering if he’s suicidal and, given his interests, figured this would be his preferred “means”. Very bizarre that he appears so calm in the courtroom, and almost enjoying himself!

While I do agree with this. He was also ticketed for no seatbelt earlier, LE may have warned him to get new plates at that time.
But I believe the car was in his mom's name (tho I can't be certain, as I've never seen the registration). If that was the case tho, I'd think he could just go online and re-register it in PA. This is my opinion.

One curious thing after reading the probable cause affidavit about the cell phone pings on the morning of the murder and the next day -- its striking that the areas the phone traveled outside of Moscow and Pullman were near the sites of the Lewis Clark Valley Serial Killer murders. Obviously, our suspect here is way too young to have been involved in those murders, but it was like a tour of the areas. Not to mention, Lewiston is near the Snake River and Columbia River, a great place to get rid of a murder weapon. One of the victims in those murders, Kristina David, was traveling by bike between Moscow and Lewiston, south on 95, where the cell phone pinged in this case, when she was abducted. Small world.

If you have not caught up on the Lewis Clark Valley murders, there is a great documentary out there on it and here's the wikipedia page. An interesting twist in that case is that LE very much thinks they know who committed those crimes back between 1979 and 1982, but have not been able to prove it (again, those crimes were nowhere near as brazen as these).

Bundy confessed to dumping the body of Lynette Culver (sp?) in the Snake River, iirc.

Thanks for the tip on the other case. I've never heard of it.

Imho

Something I was just thinking was if he left the knife protector in the house, how did he get the knife out? That type of knife is extremely sharp and it would be extremely easy to cut yourself. He must have concealed it someone - the roommate didn't describe him as carrying it (although it was dark and she was scared).

There would have been blood on the knife. Without the protector he would have had to put it down in his car somewhere uncovered, so there was probably some sort of blood/DNA transfer from the victims to his car.

I read upthread that neighbours said he was cleaning is car extremely thoroughly. Hopefully he missed a spot, because he obviously isn't as clever as he thinks!

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, I apologise if it.
IMO, I feel it is almost definite that some of Murphy's hair will be found in his car or apartment. Dog hairs get everywhere, probably all over the floor, and the beds. He would more than likely have tracked some on his shoes, then into his car, then into his home.
Now that, on top of what they already have would lock and load the case down. JMO

Does car registration expire on your birthday? I know your driver’s license does.
It's also necessary for many funded PhD programs that students attain residency of the state they are now living and working in (this is for in-state tuition reasons, since tuition is almost always covered by the university). In addition to potentially expiring registration, he probably would have needed to get WA plates in order to establish residency in WA for his PhD program.

While he's proven not to be a master criminal, I suspect this was a local cash transaction. Buying online would be too much of a digital footprint.
Maybe. He didn't leave his phone turned on at home the night of the murders. That tells me he didn't think things through very well. JMO.

Then why get it registered in WA state only to drive and leave in PA a few days later?
Because the PA plates were about to expire per the affidavit. He wouldn’t want to be pulled over for expired plates. Jmo

From affidavit
At the time, Kohberger, who was
the sole occupant, was driving a white 201 5 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649
which was set to expire on November 30, 2022. During the stop, which was recorded via a law
enforcement body camera, Kohberger provided his phone number as
8458, hereafter the
"8458 Phone" as his cellular telephone number. Investigators conducted electronic database
queries and learned that the 8458 Phone is a number issued by AT&T.
On October 14, 2022, Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU
Police Officer. Upon review of that body cam and report of the stop, Kohberger was the sole
occupant and was driving a white 201 5 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649.
On November 18, 2022, according to WA state licensing, Kohberger registered the 2015
white Elantra with WA and later received WA plate CFB-8708. Prior to this time, the 2015 white

Interesting to note Bryan Kohberger was pulled over an hour apart in Indiana.

For him?

Because to be clear I could see someone else using it for a diss.

But for him, it would violate the Belmont report and ethics for IRB for him to research MURDERS he (allegedly) did. We can’t harm participants. So he could never use this.

Someone else could as secondary data or information.
No not for him as he has been caught.
The reason I asked is that this whole case is literally unfolding like a thesis might.
The sequences, stakeouts, the holding off on killing the fifth victim, though he had opportunity, the returning to the scene in the morning, more than likely to observe the fallout...
So I was wondering what other elements would be required at his academic level and future-doctorate, in an effort to second guess what other evidence the case might throw up.
That and the fact that academia seems to be all he knows and wants in his life, pure academia, notwithstanding transference as being a possible reason?
If his methodology is slave to academia and I know it has barely unrolled so far- how does it serve criminology as a subject at doctorate level or even if it does?

Thanks Poppy, I appreciate your insight very much.

Quick comments:

Kudos to LE - they've wrapped the present & it should be quite stunning when they add the bow.

BK would have been clueless in his police internship (protect & serve), had he not been REJECTED.

The insightful posts here putting the timeline & facts in the PC in context have been very valuable to my understanding. Thanks to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member