ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if it was his father's also. I might have misread the affidavit but I read ito be that the blood residue on the sheath was his father's and they tied the alleged murderer through the geneology. But I admit I read the affidavit pretty quickly.
The DNA on the sheath was from BK.....the DNA recovered from the trash was his father's allowing them to make a match.

Hydrogen Peroxide for bloodstains..
This is eerily like Brendt Christensen after he dismembered Ying ying Zhang, he went out and bought tons of bleach , which will not 'disappear' blood..
I'm getting so many flashbacks to that case, he was caught..

I'd really like to get my mitts on bK's study material, fave books, recent books, etc..
mostly from his Masters programme but recent reading might have served as accelerant?

At this stage I feel I'm being over generous in assuming transference has occurred.
That was not the case with Christensen.

But there are similarities.

BK did not hang around to take pleasure in his handiwork, feels like he was more task orientated..just do it and go..
Christensen had the weekend with YY's body.

Lots of interesting thoughts there - yes, hydrogen peroxide would be better than bleach (although neither is certain to completely eliminate DNA, at least hydrogen peroxide wouldn't make the cleaning process as obvious (especially if diluted).

Interesting point about him planning not to stick around. I think he's nervous around blood and not just because of DNA.

Task/goal-oriented is a good way of describing his motives so far. Wanted to compete (with other students, his professors - and with serial killers/criminals).

I too would love to know what he actually studied. DeSales doesn't have a strong program in genetics, IMO, nor even a basic course in forensic biology/anthropology techniques (that I can find).

I bet he read tons of non-academic true crime (like memoirs of serial killers). IMO. Would love to know how much time he spent annotating his textbooks and cross-referencing the current state of forensics as described in the current literature. Probably had intrusive thoughts about performing a crime, a lot.

It is completely mind boggling to think that BK may not have even known exactly who he murdered until news reports released the names. Driving by there at 9 am?? Just couldn’t contain himself! Had to see if LE was even there yet.

Motive isn't required at trial. These experts should know that and that they don't know half of what the prosecutor does. I wish these clueless "experts" and "sources" would go away.
At least it should be clear they don’t meet the standards of an expert witness for trial.

I know that they have his DNA but I am just wondering how effective his cleaning methods really are. The fact that he is cleaning so thoroughly and tossing waste in his neighbor's trash is strange.
LE was likely looking for discarded napkins, paper plates and cups, paper towels, shaving products, toilet paper and anything else that might contain DNA. Same story we've seen ad nauseam on Forensic Files and Cold Case files episodes.

So he was probably just being extra cautious, just in case. I bet the double stop in Indiana freaked him out and stepped up his level of paranoia.

Did he pay cash or card?
what did he buy, I wonder?
Is it a hardware store or grocery?

supposedly closes at 12 a.m.

maybe they have different hours in different seasons?

Authorities haven’t found any receipts for BK purchasing the knife yet. Maybe he bought it at a pawn shop or gun show and paid cash. I’ve even seen people sell knives and guns at estate sales and garage sales. He could have purchased it anywhere between Pennsylvania and Idaho too.
If he bought it in person at any legit pawn shop or knife store in the last six months or so, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the person who sold it to him remembers and turns it in. It probably wouldn’t take much interaction with this guy to get some kind of out of the ordinary vibe. Jmo, what do y’all think?

"Legal experts have warned that the case against alleged Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger isn't a 'slam dunk' – despite authorities discovering his DNA at the scene.

The authorities have Kohberger's DNA on the knife sheath, but DNA evidence can be transferred from one person to another onto an object so that evidence is not open and shut for a conviction.

'Prosecutors don't have the murder weapon, they have a pretty vague description of the suspect from an eyewitness, and they lack a clear-cut motive."

They didn't initially suspect him because of the DNA - it was because of the car and the cell phone data. After they'd identified him that way, they ran the DNA and there was a match. It would definitely be one hell of a coincidence if the guy they IDd though the car/cell data just happened to be the guy who matched the DNA on the sheath of the knife that was the murder weapon found at the crime scene.

IMO, BK returned to Moscow and drove past the crime scene the next morning out of curiosity to see what was going on and check to see if LE was on the scene yet. Kind of like murderers often attend victims’ memorial vigils…just to be nosey and to be a part of it. He returned in the morning during broad daylight. JMO, but I don’t think he would have walked around near the house or gone into the house and risked anyone seeing him. We don’t know if he even knew the sheath was missing at that moment in time. But, WOW, what a huge piece of evidence to leave behind.
I've been starting to wonder if dude ever sleeps. It sure doesn't look like he does much of that with 4am garbage trips, very early morning murders and then returns ~4 hrs later to check out what's going on!

1673040294514.png
1673040383590.png

12:46 - 1:04

View attachment 393221

He apparently makes two trips along that route. First, as he flees 1122 King Road at around 4:30 am on Nov 13. Then, he comes back to the crime scene at around 9 am. Then he drives his former escape route again (more or less - doesn't appear to have stopped in the same places) and goes to an Albertson's.

IOW, he is reluctant to take the Pullman-Moscow Road. I can't remember if he drove directly to 1122 King Road from Pullman at around 9 am or if he in fact went back by the long route (avoiding the cell towers and cameras along the Pullman-Moscow Road, probably keeping his phone off in the daylight, but inexplicably stopping at an Albertson's and had his phone on (to find the Albertson's, most likely).

Having been up and sleepless for many hours, and with his brain chemistry fried into new patterns, I guess he was completely lost as to how to conceal himself from digital surveillance based off his phone. Or on how to find a grocery store in a town.

I think BK has this grandiose idea he is always the smartest person in the room. People who know him said he would often talk about something trying to sound really brainy so others would see how smart he is. IMO since he has a criminology background he thinks it’s really clever of him to cast doubt on him being the culprit by making the comment about someone else being involved.
IMO, BK was deeply insecure and wanted to fit into normal social circles. I think he tried but had a hard time reading people or making real connections. I think his "smartness" was a coping mechanism to feel special and to give him a reason to think he was better than everyone.

If BK had driven near the residence at least 12 times since August, seemingly never planning to commit the murders any of those times since he had his phone then and not the night of the murders, it makes me very curious why he decided to do it THAT night. He didn't leave his house until after everyone was home, so he couldn't have really known who had come and gone, or who was staying the night.
I think some perceived rejection made him very angry.

I thought MM too then it dawned on me that it could’ve been KG since they were sleeping in the same bed. I think he went to that room first, took the knife out, dropped the sheath, and in the frenzy of stabbing the four victims to death in 10-15 minutes, forgot about it until later. I bet he went over and over the whole thing in his mind for hours. I am still struggling with motive and still think he was obsessed with MM and/or KG. It’s too sick.
I wonder if they were actually sleeping in the same bed or if KG made her way into MM's room during the course of all this for some reason, and that is where she was killed. The affidavit does say they were 'in the bed', but who knows what that really means. Under the covers? On top of the bed?
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 2.25.43 PM.png
I just find it hard to believe that she would have put the dog in one room and sleep in another. Yes of course the dog could have been kenneled, but when I was that age and got my first puppy, that thing was my *baby*. I would have never not slept without the dog.

That said, I fail to believe if she had run into MM's room that she would have been killed 'in the single bed'.

All speculation.

As for D, she might have passed out if she saw blood or if she had realized what just happened. Shock and fear can have a powerful effect on someone.

I know someone who passes out at the sight of blood or if something in imbedded in the skin (like a needle or glass). Someone talking about surgery can make her pass out too. And it's not like in the movies. They don't fall over gracefully and come to immediately. My friend passed out and it took a long time (it felt like forever) to wake her up. We were on the phone with 911, trying to wake her up. She came to and then she passed out again immediately. It was so scary. We were not using drugs or drinking or anything like that. And she hit the floor hard. We thought she hit her head and had an injury.

D could be like that. The shock, fear, the realization of what happened, or the sight of blood could have caused her to pass out. She could have woken up disoriented or hit her head or anything.
Yes! Vagal Response. Very common, and for less trauma than she may have experienced, as we don’t have the whole story.

It is completely mind boggling to think that BK may not have even known exactly who he murdered until news reports released the names. Driving by there at 9 am?? Just couldn’t contain himself! Had to see if LE was even there yet.
He likely thought that D the roommate heard both violent enounters and as a result called the police. Hence him speeding out of there. I doubt that he slept that night. Either listening to a police scanner if he had one or incessantly refreshing his web browser.

After waiting for so long he probably went to see what the hell was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub