ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I am thinking the bloodier sides may have been down, and I totally agree with you. Why those were not hauled off in a box truck is beyond me. No one needed to see that, especially the tabloids. JMO
I didn’t notice the left side of the mattress until reading your comment. Now, I think you’re right. This is just so sad. Moo

The brewery sometimes had "unusual characters," which was not out of the ordinary, Serulneck said, but he remembered Kohberger from some interactions he had with female patrons and staff.

Serulneck said Kohberger didn't do anything in front of him or management, but he said he would make comments under his breath or if only one person was working at the bar.

In the bar's system, staff had added notes that would pop up when his ID was scanned, Serulneck said.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,'" he said.

When this article was published, I was surprised servers can enter comments about customers. And for safety reasons, I am glad they can. From the brewery owner and others, it seems BK gave off a creepy vibe.

But I have a concern with the reporting about the brewery owner's interaction with BK. The way it's written implies BK did not return to the brewery because the owner cautioned him.

Kohberger had not returned to the brewery since Serulneck approached him months ago about the complaints from his staff, the owner said.

The implication is that a man in authority recognizing BK's patterns scared him off. That may be the case. But it is entirely plausible given the timing that BK stopping frequenting the brewery simply because his classes nearby ended or because he moved to Washington.

Only one living person knows what it means for sure, IMO.

Me too. Very very hopeful. So many specific techniques designed to detect forensic DNA. It'll be there, in the car. No way he stripped naked in the parking lot of 1122 King Rd and stuffed things into plastic bags properly (so as not to contaminate the outside of those bags, worrying about the sheath, and the speed of his escape. He likely was still wearing his killer costume when he got into the car. IMO.

I am not sure. 50 feet away? With walls in between? Maybe. That's a pretty good thud. Most people who pass out (dying or not) do not make a big thud. A thump instead.

I wonder if something else happened in those few minutes, something not expected by BCK. But maybe a body could make that much noise in the "fishbowl" where sound is amplified (said the noise complaint officer).
Perhaps e put up a fight. The this was the bodies slamming into the wall (bk and e) as they were fighting.

Recall: LE DID hire box trucks and was trying to be very sensitive and discreet. They even put visual barriers between the house and truck so nothing would be seen. Defense (or someone) stopped that. This removal must have been the defense, and not as well done.
Chanley Painter on CourtTV tonight confirmed it was the LE people taking the mattresses, etc. from the house today. She even remarked that she recognized these folks from being at the house previous times.

In that post, I meant that the fbi having police pull over BK would’ve been reckless and put lives in danger. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to
No I was saying that he may routinely follow too closely to take advantage of the draft from the big trucks.

If his first intention was to rape M by threatening her with the knife that would explain how the sheath ended up in the bed next to her. He unbuckled his belt. I feel that K interrupted him and that started the killings.

JMO

I feel like if he was there to rape he would have tried for a time when his intended victim was alone. He stalked them for months, there was plenty of time to grab/abduct/assault her someplace else other than in a home filled with people, including one man. JMO

Idaho is divided into two time zones, I believe.

Moscow is PST.

It is unusual.

Yes, it is weird. Someone upthread posted some court document links and I found the one that was stamped 8:13am but can’t find the Twitter post showing it was posted before that time. If Moscow is always PST then it’s weird to me that it was stamped with the incorrect time, because the date on it did say 1/5

It doesn’t really matter, I know.

I've been reading all the posts and am confused about the sheath that he left behind. He walks into M's room with his knife in the sheath and it falls off the knife onto her bed? So did he unsheath his knife while he was standing over her bed or did it become unsheathed during a struggle? I guess I'm confused because if he walked in there with the intentions of murdering her, wouldn't he already have his knife ready and out of the sheath? What was his original plan? To walk in her room (knife sheathed), then quietly unsheathed it once he was standing over her? (That seems a little risky on his part.) If the sheath was not attached to his body or clothes, then what was his plan to do with the sheath once he removed it from the knife (put it in a pocket?) A lot of people with a knife and sheath have it strapped to themselves (waist, belt, shoulder, etc.) So could it have been attached and one of the girls struggled and displaced it from him? The whole sheath thing seems odd to me.
Well I suppose anything is possible. They could have both woke up during the encounter and both attempted to fight him off damaging the sheath and it ends up on the bed. D said she hears what sounded like K playing with the dog so there was some sort of small commotion or noise/rumblings going on.

This is exactly how I envisioned things unfolding just based on what we know. The “there’s someone here” throws me off a bit because I do think it must have been X to say it, but then I’m not sure what made her think that if up to that point there hadn’t been *that much* noise (other than the sounds that D said sounded like K playing with the dog). And if I heard creaking of stairs or rustling in a house I lived in with 4 other people, I’d probably first assume it was a roommate and be like, “Kaylee? Maddie? What are you doing up?” Rather than say “there’s someone here”

Ugh. I’m desperate for more info as you can see lol.
I saw someone on one of the thread’s say that it was K talking about the arrival of the DD food and that seemed to make more sense to me. Jmo

I'm not disputing they may very well have awakened after being stabbed. I'm just pointing out that I find it highly unlikely that they were in their respective rooms and K went to M's because she was scared. Double-sleeping in a single bed can be cozy and even uncomfortable, but it's not impossible.
"Single" is a bed size but it is also a word with its own meaning. In this context I believe it is used to mean "the only bed in the room" rather than a "single-size" mattress which would be for a kid IMO. Adults would use at least a "twin" if not a "full" (also called "double"). The mattresses visible being removed today were not "singles" or even "twin" but bigger. MOO

He returned THE SAME DAY. 5 hours after murders and 3 hours before 911 was called and the murders reported.

He was either curious because he wasn't hearing anything on the news or what I think is he realized his knife sheath was missing and he desperately wanted it back but there were just too many people around for him to enter the house, too risky.

And they say that phone data shows that the 28-year-old suspect’s phone left his home in Pulman, Washington, at approximately 9am and travelled back to Moscow, Idaho.

“Specifically, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9.12am and 9.21am,” the documents state.

“The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area of the Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9.32am.”
I wonder if they have any video too go along with these times?

I respectfully disagree. If 1 or 2 people were targets, he wouldn't waste his time on a dog. Plus dogs are fast and unpredictable. Why risk the dog biting him and increase the chance of leaving DNA. I believe Bryan was on a mission and if the dog was quiet "enough" in a separate room by himself, it wouldn't be worth it to him, IMO.
The dog wasn't quiet, according to the affidavit!

Bar owners confirmed they didn’t recognize him and he definitely wasn’t there that night.
I saw the restaurant say that but I haven't seen anything from the bar . Just dang if restaurant and bar didn't recognize him .nuts I thought that would of been the most likely place he would of seen them originally and not look out of place jmoo

There is a red stain (very possibly blood) that ran down the length of a piece of furniture in one of the photos! I'm shocked they are bringing evidence out in this way.
Perhaps intentional by the defense. Exposure to the elements and other humans opens up a contaminated DNA evidence strategy.

The fact they were in the bed together makes me think they were in the same room and were both probably asleep when he came in. I found it really interesting that D thought she heard K talking right before the murders, but the affidavit seemed to think she was mistaken due to X's phone records. That suggests to me that K's phone hadn't been used in a while--maybe not since she stopped calling the ex about an hour earlier--and that she was likely sound asleep. MOO
Unless BK threw her on the bed or knocked her down on it in the process of stabbing her. We have no way of knowing what position K was in on the bed. Was she beside M as having went to sleep there or partially on top of M or at the foot of the bed or partially off the bed ect. Not enough information to assume they both went to sleep in the same bed since the dog was in K's room.

JMO

I agree with the other poster. This is your interpretation, not a fact by any means. The way it's worded, it could be either, IMO

Strong disagree. In the world of legal documents, this document clearly indicates that both are in the same room, the room to which the officer writing the report was directed, where both bodies were.

Also, every other update by LE has said the same thing (two bedrooms, two sets of bodies, no mention of living rooms, kitchens or halls).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966