ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced. It was just a couple of employees who said that. Is there CCTV that can be checked there or nearby (I know it's kinda a late ask), are there receipts or credit card purchases, did he park nearby & watch?

I'd want more before writing it off. Also did the victim with a sister attending WSU in Pullman (I won't ID due to TOS) ever frequent anyplace he did there?

His downstairs neighbor says he was rarely home before midnight & up noisy during the night.

Not needing much sleep leaves a lot of time for stalking, which IMO is a favorite pastime of his per the PCA.

MOO
But didn't you read that he liked to hoover late at night when he got home? I mean vacuum!

To answer the killing 4 question. Just a random scenario and I'm not even saying I'm on board with this but its a thought. Perhaps he never planned to kill 4 maybe he went after 1 on the 3rd floor found 2 in bed at least one woke up and there is #2. X was just up due to Door Dash, now I don't know how fast she eats and falls asleep but lets say she was outside her room for whatever reason and he's coming down and catches her like a deer in headlights or he walks up behind her and stabbed her in a lung she probably couldn't talk, whimper possibly and most likely heading to her room to E and she's 3 and then there is E in the room and there is 4. Maybe he didn't see D I cannot explain why there was not 5. Again just throwing it out there have not really thought too much on it because this is all just kinda crazy from the jump.

He stalked that house so often that it seems unlikely that he didn't know there was a 5th person home (was there also a 6th on the first floor?). Either he was trying to get out of there quickly since he had already killed his intended target (plus a few others?), he was tired and didn't want to risk tangling with anyone else, or, he didn't know D was on the second floor & wasn't planning to visit the 1st floor in any case. I think time was of the essence to him.

Also, I can't wrap my mind around the fact that he brought his phone with him to that location so many times! I mean, he wasn't trying very hard to be invisible, was he? Turning it off, turning it on, leaving it on. Why not just leave it at home? Was he looking at their social media posts while sitting outside stalking them? Seriously, what the heck?

The dog wasn't quiet, according to the affidavit!
well the do
He stalked that house so often that it seems unlikely that he didn't know there was a 5th person home (was there also a 6th on the first floor?). Either he was trying to get out of there quickly since he had already killed his intended target (plus a few others?), he was tired and didn't want to risk tangling with anyone else, or, he didn't know D was on the second floor & wasn't planning to visit the 1st floor in any case. I think time was of the essence to him.

Also, I can't wrap my mind around the fact that he brought his phone with him to that location so many times! I mean, he wasn't trying very hard to be invisible, was he? Turning it off, turning it on, leaving it on. Why not just leave it at home? Was he looking at their social media posts while sitting outside stalking them? Seriously, what the heck?
Maybe he was taking pictures of them and the house some stalkers do that and then go home and obsess over it

I've been reading all the posts and am confused about the sheath that he left behind. He walks into M's room with his knife in the sheath and it falls off the knife onto her bed? So did he unsheath his knife while he was standing over her bed or did it become unsheathed during a struggle? I guess I'm confused because if he walked in there with the intentions of murdering her, wouldn't he already have his knife ready and out of the sheath? What was his original plan? To walk in her room (knife sheathed), then quietly unsheathed it once he was standing over her? (That seems a little risky on his part.) If the sheath was not attached to his body or clothes, then what was his plan to do with the sheath once he removed it from the knife (put it in a pocket?) A lot of people with a knife and sheath have it strapped to themselves (waist, belt, shoulder, etc.) So could it have been attached and one of the girls struggled and displaced it from him? The whole sheath thing seems odd to me.
It's been characterized as a 'brutal' attack on two victims simultaneously, so would have involved using his maximum strength while leaning over or on his victims, his own hands and arms swinging wildly.

I don't think they had a chance to fight back, I think he just hadn't secured it carefully enough and it was torn or fell off while he was inflicting all this violent rage on two innocent girls. So, basically, it was Karma because it will ensure he never walks free again.

JMO

Last edited:
Perhaps e put up a fight. The this was the bodies slamming into the wall (bk and e) as they were fighting.

I agree, but D didn't mention any thuds (even though we know at least 1 was caught on audio). If there were more than 1 and also grunting and scuffling noises, like in an actual fight, it seems like she would have heard them. It is mind boggling.

not disputing that, however it was a single bed which is a very cozy sleep. We can only speculate who was asleep and who was awake for now clearly X was awake but who else? I believe the wording was they were attacked in there sleep that does not necessarily mean they all didn't wake up during the attack.
The mattresses they are taking out look to be full or queen size in relation to the truck beds they are in. Definitely not twin size. Too wide.

JMO

This sounds about right. I do wonder if E was the in bathroom and that was when X stated to him that someone was in the house. It seems like she would have had to state it either to herself (in the kitchen) maybe hoping that D would hear, or, to E.

If E was with her, there would likely have been a response (from him), or maybe they would have left the house together, or knocked on D's door. That didn't happen.

So, maybe E was in the bathroom, X mentions someone being in the house loudly enough for him to hear & heads back to her room. We don't know if she locked her door or not. It's possible that BK was already in the room. If she was murdered right then, E might have come from the bathroom, said to her that he would help and was then killed by BK who was lurking nearby. That bedroom is so small, I don't remember if there is even a closet in there.

Or, when X returned to her room E was already deceased, BK grabs her when she enters, covers her mouth and says a creepy line about being there to help before killing her.

I am guessing that if BK entered the room and E & X were both awake and in bed, there would have been a lot more noise and screaming, yelling etc..

It's all disturbing and I feel like 1 or more of the women was an intended target, not all 4 people, especially at once. I do think he stalked them for months with the intent of drawing this out, he was enjoying having control over when he might actually interact with them.

I haven't really been on here since the summer of the Watts case. I've seen a few other posters who returned due to this case. I'm saying hello!
Don't recall when classes started. If middle of August then he had Sept, October, November, December. 4 months. If he had in his mind what the perfect conditions for him to commit this insane crime, I would believe he identified the Moscow area , the girls, the sorority type, as meeting the criteria for getting his restitution. He was ready for Dec 13th. He was in and out within 15 min. Left accomplishing his goal. Didn't care too much about whether he would be caught or was focused more on accomplishing his goal. Kind of like when I make a great meal and totally focused while making a complete mess. It was more about the kill than it was about not getting caught. He lacked awareness and measure or empathy to realize the state of things left behind. It would seem someone would have to be disconnected from reality a bit to believe their actions are hidden. I toddler would make deceptive statements in all seriousness until you called them out and they may cry because they are embarrassed the got caught. A playful experimentation. But what happens when the deception is not acted out but it. Is a private thought ? The adults can't call them out and so they continue to play the game as they mature. At some point you may convince yourself of a certain way of thinking rational. So, to end my point, it would seem that while BK was able to be persistent enough to get into a PhD program his own child like deception developed into a certain lack of awareness of the impact his actions have. I mean, the cognitive behavior that a normal person with mature empathy would have. A toddler may not realize how a desire to have things their way result in harming another person.

This is plausible because E was also relatively tall and athletic as well as being young so he could have put up a fairly good fight and the thought of that just makes me so sad, just awful.
The evidence appears to indicate Xana was the one who fought back. Why does everyone assume it was the male? Argh! JMO soapbox.

Does anyone remember offhand ... Xana was on tiktok at 4:12 AM?

"At approximately 4:17 a.m., a security camera located at 1112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a-m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle's bedroom."
Affidavit, pg4

well the do

Maybe he was taking pictures of them and the house some stalkers do that and then go home and obsess over it
True! But why not use a digital camera or buy a burner phone w/a camera? Maybe I've just been on Websleuths for too long.

Quoting from the affidavit it says on pg 1 pp 3: as I approached this room, I could see a body, later identified as Kernodle's, laying on the floor. The affiant continues in pp 4, Also in the room was a male.......

As Ghostweel says it does not specifically state she was on the floor of her bedroom. However, none of that matters as crime scene photos will show exactly where the victims were situated in their home.
Well, we've known for 7 weeks from Ethan's mother that X and E were found in the same room. I think it's reasonable to believe it was the bedroom.

I'm not arguing with you. Just bringing up something I keep thinking about.

Just because he dropped a kabar knife sheath doesn't mean conclusively he owns that knife, does it? Maybe it's a different brand.

Mr. Kohberger, do you now or have you ever owned a kabar knife?
Nope.

Maybe he thinks he's throwing in a plot twist.

JMO
well his DNA is on it

I've been reading all the posts and am confused about the sheath that he left behind. He walks into M's room with his knife in the sheath and it falls off the knife onto her bed? So did he unsheath his knife while he was standing over her bed or did it become unsheathed during a struggle? I guess I'm confused because if he walked in there with the intentions of murdering her, wouldn't he already have his knife ready and out of the sheath? What was his original plan? To walk in her room (knife sheathed), then quietly unsheathed it once he was standing over her? (That seems a little risky on his part.) If the sheath was not attached to his body or clothes, then what was his plan to do with the sheath once he removed it from the knife (put it in a pocket?) A lot of people with a knife and sheath have it strapped to themselves (waist, belt, shoulder, etc.) So could it have been attached and one of the girls struggled and displaced it from him? The whole sheath thing seems odd to me.
Or maybe it was in this pocket or the back of his pants?

well the do

I think "obsess" is the key word. And so he knew the dog was there. Why salvage it of all things? Cause he cared about it. He's a Vegan. If he saw D and had the time to continue the rampage, it would've happened. I think he (like some of us based on early facts) may not have known D was on the 2nd floor. Most were under the assumption she was on the 1st floor

Pretty much guarantee LE encouraged them not to talk some two bit reporter. ..imo

IME, in every situation involving crime and a restaurant, employees are instructed not to speak to the press.

Plus, how could an employee be certain of their memory? If not certain, they are involving their employer in a big legal mess. Why would an employee remember, would be the next question?

This is true for much of retail, as well.

It appears as if he is describing the scene as he walks through it walking down the hall, noting the bathroom to the left and then a body on the floor then a new paragraph with ALSO which could mean she was just outside the door to the room. At this point it could go either way. DM would not see her that far down the hall to see a body and they were photographing and collecting swabs from the floor in the corner of the living room, I'm just curious as to what evidence may have been there.

Still disagree. And with that, I'm out of the discussion. Of course he's describing it chronologically - that's the opening template for a PCA. He never says she was just outside the door of the room.

The other LE already knew where the bodies were. The Coroner has also given her opinion about rooms, etc.

I'm done, but I think your insistence that the document is unclear is unwarranted, it reads clearly to me, as a regular type of affidavit. The hall is ridiculously short, almost cannot be called a hall.

Your insistence on reading the report the way you do is your own, and if that keeps you more curious, go for it. The issue about what they found in the living room is not in the writers' bailiwick nor needed for the PCA. You'll need to wait for that - if it ever becomes relevant.

Everything we've heard about the 911 call (and there's quite a bit - early phase of media thread) says that the two housemates did NOT immediately see a body, but it's pointless to argue it here. I'm happy to wait. Good luck in getting your curiosity satisfied!

The evidence appears to indicate Xana was the one who fought back. Why does everyone assume it was the male? Argh! JMO soapbox.
well they have said some of them had defensive wounds, they have said that it appears E put up one hell of a fight, so all I am saying is that X may not have been the only one fighting for her life. I think that seems plausable.

I agree any of the victims dna on him, he prepared for well in advance, he knew he would be transferring it into the car. It’s not but a minute or less to throw on a tyvek suit, shoe coverings, second layer of gloves, and plastic already placed on seats. All this has been disposed of with the knife in a prepared location by BCK, he followed his forensic disposal plan. He brought an extra change of clothes. Probably sprayed himself down with

in the woods that eliminates DNA.

This whole process of cleaning the car in PA was a show put on for LE, as well as the glove wearing late night trash disposal. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn he’s planted Unknown dna to the car and trash.
Likely he has an answer for his dna on the sheath and left it behind intentionally. A case of reasonable doubt built before during and after the murders. IMO that’s BCK.
Looks like he did none of that and made a bunch of dumb mistakes. IMO.

I saw the restaurant say that but I haven't seen anything from the bar . Just dang if restaurant and bar didn't recognize him .nuts I thought that would of been the most likely place he would of seen them originally and not look out of place jmoo
There were rumors that he was at the bar that night and was thrown out but the bar made a statement denying him ever having been there.

Moscow bar where victims spent final hours denies rumors about Bryan Kohberger

“Suspect was not and has not been here”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966