ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what but something that night night allowed him to take 4 lives. Blows my mind he could do that.
1. Choose college-aged women as your victims
2. Spy on them for months so you know their habits and the basic layout of their home
3. Bring a very big knife and the ruthlessness to use it without hesitation
4. Sneak up on them when they are asleep.

ie be a despicable, cowardly, pathetic excuse for a human being. And then pretend you didn't do it.

JMO

It is not supposed to be a Case Summary, Evidence Summary, Crime Scene Report or anything else. It's entire purpose is to put relevant facts of the Charges on paper, with enough specific evidence that has been collected (and how it was collected) to convince a judge/magistrate that the individual(s) being charged may be guilty.

Then at trial...the prosecutors must prove the dependent is guilty. So much more evidence will naturally be brought forth, with significantly more detail, including witnesses.

People are SO STARVED for info about this case that they are doing some deep dives into sentence structure and such lol. It's a police officer's report--not an English majors. There is a lot of info not in this affidavit--because it doesn't need to be.

And remember....LEOs/Prosecutors know this affidavit is public record. They also were extremely protective of their evidence and knowledge of the crime scene from Day 1 -- which of course is what drove people to be desperate for info. They aren't gonna start spewing it all now. They are being very selective and strategic, and thank God they are, because thus far they've gotten their main suspect, no additional people were harmed in the following days, the witnesses were protected as was other witnesses like Uber and Door Dash drivers.

There's enough info on that affidavit to get BK in cuffs. Nothing more, nothing less.
I am well aware of what an affidavit is all about. <modsnip>
Additionally, I am well aware of court proceedings and the legal process as well. My point is that the affidavit is a very poorly written document and because of this, people are confused by it. It is not a matter of people being “starved for information“, it is confusing due to poor grammar, punctuation, run on sentences and so forth. <modsnip> IMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so like the oj case in so many ways. Gets there late. Kills violently with knive. Person walks up kills them. Knife never found. Shoe print at scene. Talk of gloves and a following a whit car

chipwitley said (in part) ( Quote):

No matter how thoroughly he cleaned the car, there must be some DNA from the knife inside the car.
MOO just thinking out loud

MOO : It is unlikely he was able to thoroughly clean the car in the dark before embarking on his Nov 13th 9 am-ish return to the area of the crime. So, whatever clothing he was wearing for his visit to Albertsons may still retain trace evidence
( fibers, dog hair) from the crime scene. Hope those clothes have been secured by LE.
Wondering: Would it be technologically possible for LE to compare phone location GPS-type data from BK's phone (or car) and the phones/ cars of each roommate & Ethan to determine when BK was either in the same location as, or following, each of them between August & Nov 13 ?
A week ago or so ago I would have said “NO WAY!” on the GPS. But now I’m not so sure.

All iPhones and most Androids (with Google Maps installed) are capable of tracking a scary amount of location data. That can be used to retrace your steps, minute by minute location by location.

Most people have the feature turned on and don’t know it. Even my most tech savvy friends are shocked when they see all of their movements laid out in a timeline on their screen.

The killer I imagined BK to be would have turned off that feature and wiped the data. Reality BK likely had it on.

I don't believe the PCA specifically states the door was shut, just that that dog was found in Kaylee's room.

If the door was shut, there are some different possibilities:
1. Kaylee put the dog in her room and shut the door.
2. BK put the dog in Kaylee's room and shut the door.
3. BK shut the door to Kaylee's room with the dog already in the room.
Affidavit says door was shut

Hello. I’m really late to this story.

However is someone able to explain (if known!) why the surviving room mates waited till the next afternoon to call the cops… especially when one saw a stranger in her house..?

It’s a lot of info to sift through… I just genuinely do not know If this topic has already been reported on or covered here…

Regards :)

I thought so too, except I've never know a home that would leak anything much less a red liquid out a wall. Even in my 1967 trailer water would not run out. Also it was not a whisper but the AA said "whimper", regardless the whole thing is horrifying and unreal. I don't understand how though laid out in front of me.
When I said whisper, I meant hearing one girl say "someone is in the house" and hearing a male say "I'm here to help you". I would guess that those comments weren't said loudly.

I don't know what the red liquid was on the side of the house. I never saw law enforcement even checking it out. There was a pipe there of some sort so who knows. The house is in Idaho. You would think it would be fairly insulated because of the cold weather.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Respectfully, I am not a family member, but in the context of presumption of innocence, I, too, have questions.

We don't know who killed them yet. BK stands accused. I don't believe MPD framed anyone, they merely followed the leads and made conclusions based on crime scene, DNA, the digital data, and the witness' report. With the information they had, they did professional job. If there is a sheath lying on the victim's bed with someone's DNA, they have to investigate the DNA, and follow the DNA owner. We, the public, have to rely on the affidavit. And here are some things that I can't understand.

I tend to agree with @drmrgrl in that the sheath with DNA lying on the bed is almost too easy. If it was BK's, why isn't it covered in his DNA? Why one spot? But maybe, there are explanations to this.

Here is what I can't get.

The murderer, probably, came for one target and overkilled + 3 - on two floors! He is horribly cruel. Did he, for example, start on floor 3, then suspected that someone heard him on floor 2, and went down to eliminate the witnesses? He killed someone who merely heard sounds and said, "there is someone there" . The murderer kills someone hearing him, and others, who were sleeping, not even true witnesses. But then, he bypasses a bona fide eyewitness staring at him with eyes wide open! It doesn't make any sense. Having killed four, you don't leave the fifth, in fact, the only true witness.

Then, he allegedly returns at 9:20 am - to retrieve his sheath, I'd imagine. Why doesn't he get it back? Knowing this sheath might be his undoing. There is no police around. There are no people around house. Why not come in and get the sheath? All he needed to do was to go via the same doors on the 3d floor, and back. Makes no sense, unless something or someone scared him. Then, what and whom? We don't hear about it. We hear nothing about the doings in the house between the killer departing and the police emerging. Everything is so quiet that the killer can't get his sheath.

I hope it gets known during the trial, but so far, question mark. Too many unanswered questions.

(Nothing changes if the target was on floor 2. He kills two people, then passes by a witness who saw him, and goes up to deal with two women, for having heard him, and a barely barking dog).

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not but whatever social media accounts BK had with any kind of meaningful information were likely suspended and backed up as evidence on 11/30 via requests from law enforcement.

And the sheath rumor first came out a few days after the murder. Around the same time the story of DM coming face to face with the killer and then locking herself in her room. The sheath rumor was even updated to say they found dna on it. Both were dismissed as ridiculous at the time. Both have turned out to be true.

Why would I be joking? She's a Former FBI agent, she was just on News Nation (I posted that link earlier). I thought the PR comments were interesting and so was her general thread. I find her interesting. I asked WS Admin, if I could post her Twitter feed, and it was approved. If you aren't interested in her, it's okay. If I'd like to use any future feed, I now can. I don't critique your posts.

I had to step away from this forum because this crime has shaken me to my core. I live in a very safe area, my boyfriend is 6’1” 240 pounds, I have a large dog, but despite all this I haven’t slept at night in a week.If this can happen to them it can happen anyone. My sense of safety is gone. I cannot imagine what these poor victims felt, utter terror. I just hope their pain was very short lived. This guy needs to get the death penalty. And I hope he sits on death row for many years first. Why? I just cannot fathom why someone / anyone does something so horrific. My mind cannot reconcile it. I am so glad to have this space with all of you. My boyfriend doesn’t understand how I can still be following along if I am so scared, but I just have to. I want to see him get nailed to the wall.

My heart goes out to all of the families. I cannot imagine what his family must be going through. With all of the evidence stacked against him they HAVE to know he did this. The evidence paired with his odd behavior tells me he is guilty. So sad. All of it.
but despite all this I haven’t slept at night in a week. I am terrified and all I can see when I close my eyes is someone coming at me with a knife.

Get a good security system through an outside company that links to local police. I have one that alerts police if someone opens a door or breaks or opens a window or walks around outside my house or outbuildings. I have motion detector lights outside. I have security cameras in every room except bedrooms and bathrooms that are monitored 24/7 by an outside security company that alerts the local police. I have a safety fob that has a panic button when pushed brings police in minutes to my front door, along with EMTs in case it is a medical emergency. I know because I have pushed the panic button by mistake a few times and had police on my doorstep minutes later with EMTS right behind them. All this for a little over 100.00 a month. Hubby got it because I have medical problems and I fought him for months over it before giving in and letting him get it installed. At first I felt my privacy was being invaded but now I feel it is the best hundred dollars I spend. I highly recommend it to people like you who are afraid. Fear can cause undue stress on your heart and other organs. It can destroy your body and mind. How much is your health worth to you? There are so many security companies out there and most are very reasonable. I feel ADT is best but there are many others. Direct TV offers a good deal when combined with ADT. Only thing is if you have cameras inside you cannot have over a 60 pound dog or it will set them off. Plus you can set it when you leave to make sure you are coming home to an empty house.

Your peace of mind is worth more than the money you will spend for it.

JMO

JMO

You think he's innocent?
I didn't mention my opinion one way or the other, however until he is found guilty in a court of law he should be considered innocent.
It's a fundamental legal principal that has been around since antiquity, through English common law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, American jurisprudence, The EU Constitution etc.
(wiki has a pretty good article on it)

Hello. I’m really late to this story.

However is someone able to explain (if known!) why the surviving room mates waited till the next afternoon to call the cops… especially when one saw a stranger in her house..?

It’s a lot of info to sift through… I just genuinely do not know If this topic has already been reported on or covered here…

Regards :)
There is no definitive answer to that. IMO, the roommate didn't call until she woke up the next day because there were strangers in and out of that house all the time, the stranger she saw on that night was leaving already when she saw him, and there were no screams, cries for help, obvious sounds of a fight, or visible victims of a crime.

The idea that blood seeped through an exterior wall and ran down the side of the house was one of the more outlandish theories in my opinion.
It will turn out to be blood.

It just takes gaps in caulk, drywall and insulation for blood like this to leak down to that foundation wall. It will go down and out the same way a draft sneak ups and in.

Someone likely died and bled out up against a wall. Doesn’t even have to be a massive amount of pooled blood either.

I am well aware of what an affidavit is all about. You have missed my point entirely. Additionally, I am well aware of court proceedings as well. My point is that it is very poorly written and because it is so poorly written, people are confused by it. It is not a matter of being starved for information, it is confusing due to poor grammar, punctuation, run on sentences and so forth.
At one point it mentions BK driving towards “Uniontown ID”. There is no Uniontown ID. It’s Uniontown WA. There should be no incorrect information, no matter how small, in a no knock arrest warrant.

When I said whisper, I meant hearing one girl say "someone is in the house" and hearing a male say "I'm here to help you". I would guess that those comments weren't said loudly.

I don't know what the red liquid was on the side of the house. I never saw law enforcement even checking it out. There was a pipe there of some sort so who knows. The house is in Idaho. You would think it would be fairly insulated because of the cold weather.
Oh, I understand what you meant about the whisper now, sorry. I too wonder about the construction and insulation since I'm from the Rockies too, I still cannot make sense of those marks. NOR have I seen evidence tape on them either, you just gave me great sense of relief regarding those marks.

He stalked that house so often that it seems unlikely that he didn't know there was a 5th person home (was there also a 6th on the first floor?). Either he was trying to get out of there quickly since he had already killed his intended target (plus a few others?), he was tired and didn't want to risk tangling with anyone else, or, he didn't know D was on the second floor & wasn't planning to visit the 1st floor in any case. I think time was of the essence to him.

Also, I can't wrap my mind around the fact that he brought his phone with him to that location so many times! I mean, he wasn't trying very hard to be invisible, was he? Turning it off, turning it on, leaving it on. Why not just leave it at home? Was he looking at their social media posts while sitting outside stalking them? Seriously, what the heck?
IMO, perhaps he was in the neighborhood that many times for another reason

I took the PCA as leaving open the possibility that it was XK. I don't think it was definitive. I agree with whoever said that DM would recognize her roommates' voice. MOO
You're right, police can't be definitive. It's not something they can prove one way or the other. But, on the other hand, that doesn't mean they just shrug their shoulders and say 'could be one, could be the other, who knows'.

IMO, one of the most important things homicide detectives do is precisely recreate the crime: prosecutors need to persuasively lay out for the jury who did what, when and where. They don't leave it vague and undetermined, or allow contradictory facts to fester: that's an invitation for the defense to blow it all up.
Like the Casey Anthony case: the police account was vague about what actually happened, and relied too much on obscure forensic experts, whereas the defense created a whole scenario that jury could clearly visualize, and the jury preferred that version.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members