ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not drive straight home after the murders. He drove towards Genesee, Idaho and Uniontown, Washington then drove to home to Pullman.
My point is in the PCA it says “Uniontown ID”. There is no such place. It’s Uniontown WA. I was responding to a post about the poorly written PCA.

Thinking about "it's ok, I'm going to help you"

Two points -- who would say that, and why? If we accept for the moment that it was a male voice, either E or BK.

E -- what scenario would he be saying he would help with, rather than screaming or getting into a fight with BK? Did X spill her drink from Doordash? Get sick? I can't think of much.

BK -- my wildly speculative, opinion only thought is that E and X were not attacked at the exact same time. X was either coming back from the kitchen or the bathroom and walked into her room to see E collapsed. The nature of his injuries may not have been apparent if he was curled up or face down and facing away from the door. She thinks he's sick or otherwise injured and really not ok, but doesn't think of stabbing or an attacker, because whose mind goes straight to that? BK is either in the room or directly follows her in, and wants to stop her from screaming or calling 911, so he immediately acts like he's not involved and says he's going to help.

How many pints of blood would it take to saturate and run out of a house? Google says 8 pints in a human and Ethan was the only one in that room. I cannot make sense of it! If the house was that loose to let some liquid run out it must have been freezing from cold air coming in. Idk, some others early on assured me it was possible but I know how much 8 pints are and I've only lived in the Rockies.

Temps Moscow, ID Nov 13, 2022 28-32 degrees F
It was freezing outside, but not freezing in the home where there is heat.
The body holds more than 8 pints of blood.
A body holds about a gallon and a half, which is 10 pints.
A person Ethan’s size may have held more blood than the average person.

Water can certainly run down through carpet and flooring across a slab and to the outside if the house is not sealed. Blood could do the same, but would run slower, and cold blood would be thick. That is why IMO the blood does not run all the way to the ground and pool on the outside of the house.
The distance from body to edge of slab could be as short as 6 inches through the wall. Blood can certainly pool a distance from a body six inches. A gallon of milk poured out would pool farther than six inches from where it is poured.

Yes, the thought is disgusting

JMO

I think the PCA presents some pretty strong evidence for probable guilt. But a conviction will require more although I'm pretty sure LE will have it.

For example, in a rural area like where we are talking about, the same cell tower may serve both BK's residence and 1122 King as someone determine. So the police affidavit about him using cell services at these locales at various times may be ultimately irrelevant. A less accusative translation could be that BK was using cellular resources consistent with him bening at home when the crime was committed.

I think he is guilty but if we are to look critically at the evidence we can't take every police statement at face value.

Thinking about "it's ok, I'm going to help you"

Two points -- who would say that, and why? If we accept for the moment that it was a male voice, either E or BK.

E -- what scenario would he be saying he would help with, rather than screaming or getting into a fight with BK? Did X spill her drink from Doordash? Get sick? I can't think of much.

BK -- my wildly speculative thought is that E and X were not attacked at the exact same time. X was either coming back from the kitchen or the bathroom and walked into her room to see E collapsed. The nature of his injuries may not have been apparent if he was curled up or face down and facing away from the door. She thinks he's sick or otherwise injured and really not ok, but doesn't think of stabbing or an attacker, because whose mind goes straight to that? BK is either in the room or directly follows her in, and wants to stop her from screaming or calling 911, so he immediately acts like he's not involved and says he's going to help.
Add to that, DM did not recognize the voice. I would assume she would recognize EC

I'm sorry and I am not criticizing you. But I think we should all stop analyzing what DM did that night. I personally have a lot of questions but none of us were there. None of us will have to live with being there that night like she will. None of us will have to read posts on forums like this that question their actions years from now. I hope we can all be decent people and stop looking at DM's actions and discussing here. It has no value in convicting BK and can only be hurtful. She is an innocent young women who I am sure did what she needed to do at the time. Whatever she did does not deserve being questioned.
TBF, DM is the only one we know of that can provide witness testimony. Even if 911 were called sooner, the victims were likely already deceased. Many of us will never know what DM was thinking at that moment or what our actions would be if we were her. I'm just thankful she was able to provide a description. I think she will be a big key in providing justice for her friends.

Imo, the defence will play ‘these are coincidences’ card. I think BCK, being old school, would have no connection to the victims, not on social media or in real life, no interactions or none that anyone alive has witnessed. I’m in the ‘house’ chosen camp.

Imo, he was casing the neighborhood over months and this particular house was to his liking, maybe, because he saw the occupants outside it or through the windows, they fit his ‘fantasy’ scenario but most importantly, he observed the poor home security.
I’m not sure if he’s previously committed a murder or assault but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s broken into homes before, even, as far back as a teenager.

Imo, choosing the house to commit the murders is the same as how a burglar chooses a house to rob, easy access for a great payoff. Choosing the victim first would have drawbacks, he’d worry a link might be discovered in the investigation if he’d interacted with her or had been invited to the home, the home could have good security too. He might have chosen several victims prior to settling on a house, 1122 King Road.

Imo, he didn’t want to be caught, he was a serial killer wannabe, he imagined he’d sit back and watch the devastation he’s caused with pride and amusement.
I hope the prosecution can box him in with the evidence discovered and he won’t know where to turn, changes his plea to guilty.
JMO

You know there's a Johnson, WA right next to Uniontown, WA. I gotta wonder if the Johnson, ID in the PCA is actually Johnson, WA?
Well that would make much more sense if the PCA said Johnson, WA. I posted a few pages back about the PCA documenting BK traveling 100 miles to Johnson, Idaho that afternoon.

Sorry, but the PCA states that Suspect Car 1 (with BK in it according to the premises of the PCA) was still driving down the road infront of the house at 4.04am. It had not parked at 4.04 am. Suspect Car 1 was seen leaving "the area' at 4.20am.
Yes so attacked 4 people in the span of less than 15 mins if you count walking from car to house and back.

Snipped for focus. I guess the obvious explanations, if it was E, would be that he heard X crying but didn’t know what was happening, or he found X not knowing or realising that BK was still there.

Hard to say whether he was using drugs. He lost a lot of weight in high school and changed to vegan diet.

I'm curious whether there's any evidence of drug abuse. His phone was at the victim's house late at night and early in the morning, excluding one instance. He reportedly vacuums in the middle of the night. It sounds like he rarely slept. At the same time he attended a couple of Ph.D. classes and was T.A. for a criminal justice class. After the murders he was unshaven, talkative, tired looking.

Well, it is just a hypothesis, but it can explain a lot. I am slow to accept lack of sleep as the prove for substance use, because we have six types of sleep patterns, and for those who are night owls it might be super easy to go to bed at 4am and wake up at noon, or even sleep 4-10 with a 2-hour daytime nap. He could have picked evening classes, btw, or made his own schedule.

But assuming that he was using something, I always wonder if certain behaviors could be explained by his dealer living in Moscow. BK is new to WA, it might take some time to establish contacts, JMO. Plus he is a TA at WSU, so driving 8 miles down the road to buy substances in Moscow as opposed to Pullman would not be illogical. That could explain him being in the vicinity of the house on King Rd many times, if his dealer was living nearby. It could even explain several versions of the events that November night (version one: used and passed out in the car - set up by the dealer? Version two: used, got high and psychotic, attacked and killed, lost his substance network as the result, became more tired and devoid of energy afterwards). JMO, I have no knowledge about his use beyond what the general public knows.

Temps Moscow, ID Nov 13, 2022 28-32 degrees F
It was freezing outside, but not freezing in the home where there is heat.
The body holds more than 8 pints of blood.
A body holds about a gallon and a half, which is 10 pints.
A person Ethan’s size may have held more blood than the average person.

Water can certainly run down through carpet and flooring across a slab and to the outside if the house is not sealed. Blood could do the same, but would run slower, and cold blood would be thick. That is why IMO the blood does not run all the way to the ground and pool on the outside of the house.
The distance from body to edge of slab could be as short as 6 inches through the wall. Blood can certainly pool a distance from a body six inches. A gallon of milk poured out would pool farther than six inches from where it is poured.

Yes, the thought is disgusting

JMO
I don't know of any such chance of blood through the wall in a home in the Rockies. Maybe the "thud" damaged the wall? If not that room would have been freezing.

Around 4:04 a.m., he was observed on Queen and King roads 4-5 times on the night of the murder. That could mean that he was checking both Xana's front bedroom and Madison's back bedroom. He was there 12 times prior to the murders. He should have noticed the camera on the neighbour's front porch.

"Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time at approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle 1 is in front of the King Road Residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or turn around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

Suspect Vehicle 1 is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive."
Affidavit, pg.7
IMO, Suspect Vehicle #1 as opposed to……….Suspect Vehicle #2? Somebody else on foot? Another car? If there was only one vehicle involved, wouldn’t LE just label it: “Suspect Vehicle?”

Sorry, but the PCA states that Suspect Car 1 (with BK in it according to the premises of the PCA) was still driving down the road infront of the house at 4.04am. It had not parked at 4.04 am. Suspect Car 1 was seen leaving "the area' at 4.20am.
Yes so attacked 4 people in the span of less than 15 mins if you count walking from car to house and back.

Hello. I’m really late to this story.

However is someone able to explain (if known!) why the surviving room mates waited till the next afternoon to call the cops… especially when one saw a stranger in her house..?

It’s a lot of info to sift through… I just genuinely do not know If this topic has already been reported on or covered here…

Regards :)

<modsnip: rude>

My personal theory is that the one who saw the stranger had seen strangers in the house before. I believe that she was startled and frightened, possibly because of the weird sounds she’d heard recently, quite likely because there was something about his body language that just wasn’t quite right. But, I think she talked herself into believing that she was being silly, that everything was all right—see, everything’s quiet now.:(

I find this scenario easy to believe, specially because I’ve been very slow to phone 911, myself, at a time it was justified.

MOO my own opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
The technology has improved

Glove prints
  • Thin, latex, rubber, plastic, vinyl or nitrile gloves: These gloves are worn by criminals because of their tight, thin fit that allows the hands to remain dexterous. Because of the thinness of these gloves, fingerprints may pass through the material, thus transferring the wearer's prints onto whatever surface is touched or handled.[18][19][20][21][22]
  • Latent prints can also be recovered from Latex, Vinyl, and Nitrile gloves, via several methods, such as cyanoacrylate, Ninhydrin, Gentian Violet, and Magnetic Powder processing.[23][24][25][26][27]
IMO Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members