ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "it's OK I am going to help you" comment that the surviving witness heard. Could that have been the boyfriend comforting x after she was attacked? Or the killer trying telling her that so she would not continue resisting perhaps?
A previous poster (hard to keep up, I know) suggested it was BK who said "it's okay, I'm going to help you" to Murphy the dog, which I think (imo) is a great suggestion.

"I think that’s where the attack initiated, and that’s important," Joseph Scott Morgan, a distinguished scholar of applied forensics at Jacksonville State University in Alabama, told Fox News Digital "[It] goes to progression, and it goes to who the target was. That was perhaps the specific location he was bound for."

For once, my theory matches someone else! JMO

I've looked at a bunch of the leather USMC KABAR sheaths online and most fasten to the belt with a snap. A lot of people seem to think that he must not have had the sheath on his belt, but IDK, seems like it's perfectly reasonable to think he did have it attached to his belt and it was dislodged during the attack on M & K.

All of those I’ve seen attach to a belt with a loop constructed from the leather. The snap is to release the knife from the sheath.

It is hard to identify in photographs unless you know what you are loosing for but the sheaths are intended to prevent the owner from losing their knives.

Kbar sheaths are cut from a single piece of leather, folded and sewn and it’s that fold that creates the loop for a belt.

Lesser quality sheaths often have that loop sewn to the sheath or two slits in the back piece to pass a belt through.

IMHO, LE announced that the 2 surviving room mates were asleep and heard nothing was 1) to make perp think no one heard/saw anything and ; 2) to protect M.

And I can imagine this was conveyed at some point on the 911 call, and why it wasn't released. Someone revealing that DM had seen someone inside the house that early morning.

Opinions?

"There's someone here".... .allegedly assumed spoken by KG as per affidavit

As per timeline, would that be from the door dash delivery, or suspecting BK was in the house?
MOO — when a late night food delivery arrives, I’m more likely to say “the food is here” than “there is someone here.” Even just “FOOD!” or “Door Dash.” Of course, this doesn’t mean anything and I can’t project that behavior upon anyone else. This is another aspect of that evening I’m anxiously awaiting more details on, to complete the timeline of what we already know.

Regarding the sheath placement. How about this scenario.

Killer is carrying the sheathed knife. Killer removes knife from sheath with right hand, sheath is now in left hand. He needs left hand for something . . . move bed coverings, hold down victim . . . and drops the sheath which lands on the bed he is basically on or right up against. Moves to victim 2.

This happened so quickly he probably forgot about the sheath. He had no need to keep the knife anywhere but in his hand.

JMO

I think K was in her room and walked in on him killing M due to Murphy making noise.

BK had sheath in left hand and when he threw K in to bed the sheath went with her.
That's why Steve Goncalves said "Their points of damage don't match". Maybe he grabbed her from behind.
Its just a theory but also explains why Murphy was in Ks room.
I think she went to sleep with Murphy

Just looking at my husbands kbar from his USMC days in VietNam gave me the chills. It’s definitely a kill knife. Bigger than I thought. Very sturdy and heavy. I can’t imagine the damage it can do.
Can't imagine these poor victims had any chance with this big man using that weapon, late at night, surprise attack, possibly impaired victims from evening activities, and the possibility BK had boxing training, noted in a previous post. Just so tragic. They were young and assuming all who entered would be friends not a crazed murderer, so unprepared to defend themselves.....
I don't think he knew others were downstairs awake, and did not see DM on way out, he was focused on fleeing the scene fast without drawing attention, focused on getting to his car parked ready to flee fast.....

Have you ever tried to do a series of actions quickly and went back over your process and realized you left something. Try "Imaging" doing that while under the conditions of pressure, secrecy, etc. His Sheath should have been attached. He really didn't consider a lot of issues so, I would suggest a lot of arrogance kept him from seeing holes in his plan.
The limits of planning in any kind of conflict have been described by a number of military theorists as something like: No plan survives first contact with the enemy. Mike Tyson, the boxer, put it this way: “Everybody has plans until they get hit for the first time”.

So BK could have done all sorts of planning--from what to do with his cell phone to his routes for getting to the house and escaping the crime scene--that has turned out to be not very smart. But no matter how many scenarios he ran in his head as he planned and envisioned the attacks, his plans were almost certainly not going to describe the real life situation of multiple murder in small spaces, with actual humans who in some cases could fight back and make noise, with a dog that started barking and probably disrupted his mental time line. Even if his plan seemed flawless to him on paper, it would not have survived the reality of murdering four people. My opinion only, of course.

Last edited:
Something that really stands out to me is sound. Some of you may recall and others don't know but I have a pretty severe hearing loss.

So I'm just blown away that D heard (most likely) BK uttering the "it's okay" phrase. I mean I wouldn't hear that from 20 feet away let alone through walls.

So here's what I'm thinking. If he isn't hearing impaired he should know his voice could be heard. He knew the 2 upstairs were dead, so presented no threat. I'm not convinced he knew D was on the 2nd floor.
Thing is, we really don't know that the 2 upstairs were dead. At the point where she heard "It's okay" spoken, she had already opened her door in response to hearing crying.

D.M. stated she opened her door a second time when she heard what she thought was crying coming from Kernodle's room.
D.M. then said she heard a male voice say something to the effect of
"it's ok, I'm going to help you."

Thing is, we really don't know that the 2 upstairs were dead. At the point where she heard "It's okay" spoken, she had already opened her door in response to hearing crying.

D.M. stated she opened her door a second time when she heard what she thought was crying coming from Kernodle's room.
D.M. then said she heard a male voice say something to the effect of
"it's ok, I'm going to help you."
I'm still amazed she heard anything.

Wasn't that after she heard sounds from upstairs?

Opinions?

"There's someone here".... .allegedly assumed spoken by KG as per affidavit

As per timeline, would that be from the door dash delivery, or suspecting BK was in the house?

IMO, X said, "there's someone here," because she either noticed the sliding door was open or heard a strange noise.

Last edited:
One thing struck me this morning, he seemed confident he would be able to get in. Like really confident in access through that sliding door. I'm sure he's parked back there before and watched. Just sick.
And that PR person on social media even posted that they had Thursday parties but not Saturday parties. If this person was BK, and I think it was cuz he used his picture, then he did major stalking/ surveillance on these 4 young people.
I really feel this guy wanted to be a BTK or Bundy. We are all so lucky he was caught. This whole thing was a fun adventure for him. Like baby serial killer on his way to maturity.
Just disgusting.

I've looked at a bunch of the leather USMC KABAR sheaths online and most fasten to the belt with a snap. A lot of people seem to think that he must not have had the sheath on his belt, but IDK, seems like it's perfectly reasonable to think he did have it attached to his belt and it was dislodged during the attack on M & K.
I have not seen ANY that fasten to the belt with a snap. The loop/snap is what keeps the knife in the sheath. The leather loop which the belt goes through is solidly sewn into the sheath. No way that gets broken in a quick scuffle, IMO.

Attachments

• DE27A0F5-4F70-44C2-AFB0-2930887C638C.jpeg
    DE27A0F5-4F70-44C2-AFB0-2930887C638C.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 6
I am not sure if anyone has posted the Lewiston Tribune's map of the travels of BK, the Elantra and, or, the cell phone the day of the murders but it's worth a look-see. Perhaps it's a road map to where supplies were bought and murder weopons were disposed of, etc.

(Image source, Friday edition A Section at Lewiston Tribune E-edition)

Attachments

• RDT_20230107_1039081430602003599314825.png
    RDT_20230107_1039081430602003599314825.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
IMO, wearing the sheath on a belt in cold weather and when desiring to wear a couple of layers of clothing, is not the optimal way to carry a knife that one intends to use. A Carhardt utility jacket or similar has a zippered knife pocket on the interior, many other jackets do too. That's how I see people carrying knives in cold weather or in general when camping.

1673106274582.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members