ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "it's OK I am going to help you" comment that the surviving witness heard. Could that have been the boyfriend comforting x after she was attacked? Or the killer trying telling her that so she would not continue resisting perhaps?
It's chilling as he followed it up by killing her, horror story material.
I wish we could know for sure who his role models were, if that's an aspect of the crime, as in who was he imitating or trying to exceed for notoriety?

I've looked at a bunch of the leather USMC KABAR sheaths online and most fasten to the belt with a snap. A lot of people seem to think that he must not have had the sheath on his belt, but IDK, seems like it's perfectly reasonable to think he did have it attached to his belt and it was dislodged during the attack on M & K.
They fasten to the belt with a leather loop...the snap holds the knife in the sheath. I agree he was carrying it and it was not attached to his belt. JMO

@layer -right before we moved threads you had replied to my musing about that being the second time he was at the house that night. Just to clarify then I’ll drop it-the thinking is that he went by earlier (in the 320 timeframe). Entered on foot (parked elsewhere). Killed m (and k because she was there as well). Left.

Realized he left the sheath. Panicked and WENT BACK (which is why the weird turn arounds, etc). What dm heard-playing with dog-is him looking for sheath. Xana-still alive-says “someone is in here” and alerts e. BK hears that and decides it’s time to leave-but is discovered so killed x and e THEN. DM sees him leaving.

Honestly I know it’s far fetched. I read another post from a ws’er late last night and started trying to figure out if it could have happened that way. In my mind only-it helps to explain the timing, and the weirdness of the car turning around. Etc…. But it’s just me. Moo. Just wanted to explain.

They fasten to the belt with a leather loop...the snap holds the knife in the sheath. I agree he was carrying it and it was not attached to his belt. JMO

We don't know what sort of sheath he had, only that it said KABAR USMC, and a google search shows a wide variety of them that could easily be dislodged from a belt during a fight. For example, look at the loop fastening this one to the belt, it doesn't scream sturdy to me...

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/KA...s7syOO4gE5DXY84j2neEFU1QpitHQEPUaAuQ8EALw_wcB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_085356_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_085356_Message+.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 27
@layer -right before we moved threads you had replied to my musing about that being the second time he was at the house that night. Just to clarify then I’ll drop it-the thinking is that he went by earlier (in the 320 timeframe). Entered on foot (parked elsewhere). Killed m (and k because she was there as well). Left.

Realized he left the sheath. Panicked and WENT BACK (which is why the weird turn arounds, etc). What dm heard-playing with dog-is him looking for sheath. Xana-still alive-says “someone is in here” and alerts e. BK hears that and decides it’s time to leave-but is discovered so killed x and e THEN. DM sees him leaving.

Honestly I know it’s far fetched. I read another post from a ws’er late last night and started trying to figure out if it could have happened that way. In my mind only-it helps to explain the timing, and the weirdness of the car turning around. Etc…. But it’s just me. Moo. Just wanted to explain.
Interesting! Sorry I was misunderstanding! :)

This thread has moved along like greased lightning — I’ve given up on reading every post and skipped up here. Wanted to point out two media elements that summarize and might answer some queries I’ve seen here.

In a Law & Crime show (Idaho Murders — Q&A) Joseph’s Scott Morgan talks about how prior to autopsies a body is most always x-rayed. And in this case those films may reveal shards of the knife or the tip that broke off (presumably from contacting bone), which could be located as evidence during the autopsy. The pieces can be matched to the type of knife that came with the sheath and also anylised.

Second, I want to recommend Scott Reisch’s discussion of the most recent information in his Jan. 6 Crime Talk podcast: Bryan Kohlberger NEW Info: "It's Ok, I'm Going To Help You..." Let's Talk About It!

Reisch pulls a lot together, which may help summarize how everything fits with the LE report of what-happened-when that night.

Added: Reisch also mentions that BK had his car detailed after the murders.

We are in an accelerating downhill snowball on this thread, with question and answers being repeated over and over because people have to skip over what’s already been discussed! MOO.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked at a bunch of the leather USMC KABAR sheaths online and most fasten to the belt with a snap. A lot of people seem to think that he must not have had the sheath on his belt, but IDK, seems like it's perfectly reasonable to think he did have it attached to his belt and it was dislodged during the attack on M & K.

The snap is to allow the knife to be removed from the sheath, there is a loop on the backside, when putting on a belt you slid the belt through the loops on pants and when youvround to the right side you slide the belt through loop on back of sleath then continue with belt. It hangs off you belt.

Jmo

I don’t know how. It has loops to slide the belt through. JMO

I haven't been following this case closely and today is the first time I've heard anything about witnesses. From all the previous reporting I had seen, it was said that the surviving roommates slept through everything but this article I read this morning says "Kohberger’s driver’s license described him as 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, and his license photo showed him to have bushy eyebrows — all details consistent with a description of the attacker given by a surviving roommate" and the above quoted post also mentions a "surviving witness." Much appreciated to anyone who can consolidate the available info re: witnesses. Thanks!
That's a good article you linked.
This is all we have and only one witness is cited

I haven't been following this case closely and today is the first time I've heard anything about witnesses. From all the previous reporting I had seen, it was said that the surviving roommates slept through everything but this article I read this morning says "Kohberger’s driver’s license described him as 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, and his license photo showed him to have bushy eyebrows — all details consistent with a description of the attacker given by a surviving roommate" and the above quoted post also mentions a "surviving witness." Much appreciated to anyone who can consolidate the available info re: witnesses. Thanks!
Per the affidavit surviving roommate heard some noises and opened up her door three times. The third time she saw male in mask and black clothing walk past her room. She gave the above description for him.

Like other inconsistencies we originally heard from LE that now can be explained as a way to not tip off the murderer, the witness statement was not revealed - thus the surviving girls heard nothing

We don't know what sort of sheath he had, only that it said KABAR USMC, and a google search shows a wide variety of them that could easily be dislodged from a belt during a fight. For example, look at the loop fastening this one to the belt, it doesn't scream sturdy to me...

The loop is in the top of the leather, hard to see in these photos but it is there. The string you see (replaces the snap in other sheaths) is to hold the knife in the sheath. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx