ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah see...it's that I'm a nice young man act...I would be sitting outside that cell with a shotgun all night every night.
never trust someone like this..when the mask slips it's no joke. mOO
Yes and he’s sitting so close to his lawyer whom he could easily overpower and take hostage or hurt or strangle. He is obviously strong and he should be handcuffed and set apart from her and others. This seems really careless and unwise to leave him uncuffed. Clearly he’s fooled his family as to his murderous self and he could easily fool
others.

Wow.

A source inside the Monroe County Correctional Facility told NewsNation that the accused mass murderer was asked why he killed four college students in Moscow, Idaho. "I didn't do anything," he allegedly shot back.

When the 28-year-old Ph.D. student was asked why he had been in Moscow – an eight-mile drive from his apartment in Pullman, Washington – he allegedly retorted,
"The shopping is better in Idaho."

FOX 13 Seattle: Idaho Murders: Bryan Kohberger makes tasteless joke in Pennsylvania prison, report.

very possible

fact that she gave a lot of detail but affidavit doesn't add a description of his hair colour & style ( standard in police questioning) makes me think he covered his hair

He thought he had all his bases covered, but he didn't consider that he has a very prominent brow & deep-set eyes and so DM noticed that. As @drmrgrl posted, he'd have been better off with maybe a balaclava or ski mask.
Prob should have shaved his head too.

Here is a link regarding SG's comment about the 911 call.

According to NBC News, Steve Goncalves said one of the surviving roommates of the #IdahoFour passed out after seeing the crime scene, and the other was hyperventilating while on the phone with 911, which may explain why the call was made about an "unconscious person."

On your point 1 - Yes he is pulled over a lot. I have lived and worked in Moscow for 35 years and have been pulled over twice.
if someone did not wear a seatbelt it would be easy for a police to spot in a residual neighborhood I suppose? The INDIANA stops seem to be arranged to me.

If no one has answered, he had a man as an attorney in PA, only for the extradition. This case is out of Idaho.
Yes, I saw very vague reporting on tv tonight and figured. Thanks!

Wow.

A source inside the Monroe County Correctional Facility told NewsNation that the accused mass murderer was asked why he killed four college students in Moscow, Idaho. "I didn't do anything," he allegedly shot back.

When the 28-year-old Ph.D. student was asked why he had been in Moscow – an eight-mile drive from his apartment in Pullman, Washington – he allegedly retorted,

FOX 13 Seattle: Idaho Murders: Bryan Kohberger makes tasteless joke in Pennsylvania prison, report.
Shopping for pretty female victims?

Here is a link regarding SG's comment about the 911 call.

According to NBC News, Steve Goncalves said one of the surviving roommates of the #IdahoFour passed out after seeing the crime scene, and the other was hyperventilating while on the phone with 911, which may explain why the call was made about an "unconscious person."

I though the girls might think it is too harsh to call their beloved friends dead. They, at the moment, mentally refuse to accept the fact that their friends are gone, therefore used "unconscious person".

Maybe he saw her, maybe he didn't. There could be other reasons.

The dog was barking loud enough to be heard on the neighbor's camera starting at 4:17. He could have reasoned that surviving roommates or neighbors had already called 911. He could have had his fill. Eventually you leave the buffet even though they still have plenty of food there. He could have run out of the adrenaline that had powered him through butchering 4 people. He might not have been concerned about leaving an eyewitness because he was wearing a mask. Reasoning which seems to have been validated.

Just tossing that out there.
We will have to agree to disagree.

This means that the way that they found his DNA and matched it to the sheath (which enabled them to arrest him) is not allowed to be discussed as part of the actual trial in court. I'd find that odd though. It could be something to do with how they took his DNA from the bin but I thought this was admissible in the last few years especially since genetic genealogy tracing is accepted now. Either way, the fact that his DNA is on the sheath will be evidenced at trial I'm sure. The PCA is the probable cause affidavit. It's basically a statement made by the police to a judge to say why they believe there is probable cause to arrest the suspect. The judge then grants an arrest warrant

They won't need to discuss that part at trial and it might even confuse some people in MSM and on the jury. I mean, they could, but they might not.

They now have the guy who matches the DNA on the very knife sheath left near a victim of a knife murder by a particular knife.
I was thinking today, it’s so unfortunate that they didn’t get him while he was still in WA with the knock-on-the-door, “we see you have a white Elantra, would you mind answering some questions for us?” tactic. He probably wouldn't have cooperated, but he might have, and if so, they could have locked down his story.

Now the prosecution will likely never have the benefit of any interrogation, and BK gets the advantage of all the discovery to come up with his defense.

Some of you may have followed the Jason Young trial(s) for the murder of his wife, Michelle Young, in NC (2006). JY never, ever spoke to LE in any respect about his wife’s death, not even a “oh no, what happened?!?” Then he shockingly (to the prosecution) testified in his defense. He was eventually convicted, but there was at least one mistrial, appeals, etc. It was torture for her family. The defense tried to imply that the victim’s sister had something to do with it (which was the cruelest, dirtiest thing) and he still has zealous supporters.

Anyway, the point is, wouldn't it have been wonderful to have the benefit of his answers to a “routine questioning” back in WA with which to help nail him if he’s the guilty party (which I don’t doubt)? But at least they’ve got him now, and hopefully we’re only aware of the tip of the iceberg of evidence against him, upon which they will still gather more.

I agree with you - but how do you know this didn't happen? Source?

There's never been affirmation or denial of whether LE approached BK at any point in time after the murders. Do you know for a fact that he wasn't turned in by tip, say, and then contacted? And then refused to cooperate?

Does this chronology make the most sense, you think?

1. BK enters targeting either Maddie or Kaylee
2. Goes upstairs and kills them
3. The noise gets the attention of Xana who is still awake
4. Back on the main floor BK encounters Xana, backs her (chases her?) to her bedroom where she is killed and so is Ethan
5. BK then turns around and exits through the kitchen to the sliding door (and it's when he's on this route the roommate sees him).

The one question I have is why there wasn't a lot more noise when Xana first encountered BK or signs of some sort of struggle in the living room. Her bedroom is out of the way, down a hall from the living room. You wouldn't naturally pass the room coming down the stairs if you were going to exit through the sliding doors. But if there was some sort of encounter at the bottom of the stairs or in the living room, I feel like it would have been more audible to the roommate (who said she thought she heard Xana crying and a male voice saying he would help her and not much else).

Although, I also think when the roommate heard that Xana must have been in the living room or near the stairs, because I don't think the housemate would have been able to hear that if Xana was in her own bedroom (and the roommate was in her bedroom with the door closed) given the distance between the two rooms and the layout of the second floor.

Maybe what happened was Xana encountered BK in the living room or kitchen and he was threatening her with the knife telling her to be quiet - and that's why there wasn't a noisy altercation?

I have to say that the affidavit and the interior tour of the house that was posted have thrown off some of my priors because the details are all a bit different than i'd previously assumed.
SG: there was a "hell of a battle on the second floor". Per what he said the coroner told him.

Wow.

hard for me to believe anything in MSM anymore. Is this true? Who knows

Edited: my response to a post got messed up somehow sorry.

If BK did this, I find it hard to believe this would be his first time. i believe this was done by someone who has had some practice. I am curious if there are any people looking into crimes committed in other areas where he had lived before to compare links between crimes. Does anyone have info about exploring possible connections to other crimes at other locations he lived at?

I read that as...they found important items that have his DNA on them in PA that match the DNA on the sheath found in I
Wow.

Old, old news

From the "breaking windows and doors down" to gain entrance -- I got the impression that it was a "no knock" warrant. They could just bust in and find the suspect.
I didn't know there are different kinds of warrants, but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member