ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the night, the killer acted alone but I do think he conferred with someone beforehand.

There's more to come.
He strikes me as the kind of personality that would think getting/asking for help from anyone would mean he wasn't intelligent enough to plan this on his own. I don't think his ego would allow him to collaborate with anyone on his home invasion murders...he just too vain, AJMO.

The idea of him studying crimes so heavily in school and then committing one of the most atrocious crimes I've ever heard of makes me feel sick whenever I think about it. Because studying criminal justice, you also study how it affects victims. He KNEW he'd be ripping families apart IMO. He did not care. Disgusting.
There are evil people in this world who do not have any feelings or remorse in causing the suffering you describe.

I'm glad that we have people who dedicate their lives to capture these evil people and prevent them from doing more harm. I'm very happy that the evil person in this case was captured before he continued with his deadly ways.

I'm currently trying to find out from anyone here if the second warrant, as explained in the PCA, means that investigators had remote access to BK's detailed phone internet use between June 22 to December 23. My interpretation from the definition of Pen Register and Trap and /trace in Wikipedia is that from 23 December LE would have had remote access to any internet activity BK conducted on his phone and that would include social media. However I may very much be wrong about that as I am no expert. I wonder if there is any verified expert here who could clear this up?

ETA, I think I could be clearer. I wonder if the second warrant allowed investigators to peruse detailed records of BK's phone internet use between 22 June and 23 Dec when the warrant became active/approved or whatever and LE were able to trap and trace and watch BK's current detailed internet use (ie in real time from 23 December inwards). LE didn't get the historical ping data until 23rd Dec, that much is clear to me, but at the same time were they given records, detailed ones, of his internet usage, social media sites visited, calls made, google location data etc in the months prior to the murders? Sorry for long winded, trying to understand this stuff is quite the struggle for me.

Source: Pen register - Wikipedia
Considering they know he was a the least stalking the house they would most likely ask for those records with subpoenas. Didn't the PCA site his phone's whereabouts on an August 2022 date?

That sounds like he's delusional. Is that what you are suggesting?
I don't know. Everything occurs on a continuum, and killing four strangers in a house with a knife in the night, if this is what he really came for, would be a stretch for a top-end serial killer. The entire crime seems to be edging toward grandiosity, and I wondered about a somatic problem when reading about all that snow vision. But this is me putting together the few pieces we can see of the puzzle and guessing at the rest which means I might be running right off the rails. I'm convinced he committed the crime to experience the taking of a human life, but there are other more-likely-to-be-successful ways of killing, including some that are legal.

Last edited:
The idea of him studying crimes so heavily in school and then committing one of the most atrocious crimes I've ever heard of makes me feel sick whenever I think about it. Because studying criminal justice, you also study how it affects victims. He KNEW he'd be ripping families apart IMO. He did not care. Disgusting.
The pain and devastation is intentional, the only remorse felt by people who commit these kinds of senseless murders is the remorse of being caught.
Jmo

I don't know. Everything occurs on a continuum, and killing four strangers in a house with a knife in the night, if this is what he really came for, would be a stretch for a top-end serial killer. The entire crime seems to be edging toward grandiosity, and I wondered about a somatic problem when reading about all that snow vision. But this is me putting together the few pieces we can see of the puzzle and guessing at the rest which means I might be running right off the rails.
I'm sure that with time the judicial system will allow us the information needed to get a better idea of what really happened in this case.

Until then we can discuss different ideas that may or may not be what is behind this tragic event. JMO.

Anybody could take the photos.
Even those who live there.
Media pay for them.

JMO

Yes, it was slightly saddening how some ex-“friends” immediately jumped on TikTok to comment. And consequently, were interviewed by the real media. In their haste, people didn’t minimally train themselves to speak on camera. I can’t blame them for being entrepreneurial, but kudos to those knowing BK’s and his family who stayed away from that circus and maintained their dignity.

Moreover, don't forget that, according to the affidavit, he left the house at a high rate of speed.

This guy turned out to be no criminal mastermind IMO… he’s just another prideful murderer who made idiot mistakes that got him caught… there’s absolutely nothing special about BK. It appears that all he’s ever wanted in life is notoriety or significance, or some sort of recognition or validation, whatever… His senseless actions only served to prove that he’s just another run-of-the-mill psychopath… certainly no genius… not even close… Therefore, let’s allow the myriad of mistakes he made in carrying out these atrocious crimes to play out in court against him… the result being a guilty verdict with a sentence of either the death penalty or life imprisonment… either one, IMO, will suffice as long as the ultimate result is that this guy gets the punishment he deserves, so he can soon be forgotten. Because that’s what he really deserves… no notoriety, no attention, no validation… Invisibility. Let him rot and be forgotten… and let the memories of these beautiful kids live on and be honored in the lives and communities of all those they touched, and all who loved them.

Last edited:
So, you're hoping he writes something, right? I am hoping so too, but then I feel bad about hoping that he has that experience.

I read Jesperson's "autobiography" (much like the BTK "memoir"). They cannot profit monetarily (but someone will) but they get to kind of immortalize themselves (in their own minds and in the pixels of the internet).

I feel like I have some ideas about his motivations, and it's possible there is nothing beyond what we already know. But I sure would like to know if any specific things triggered him in the weeks and months before the crimes.
I am guessing the triggers were everything coming to a head in his life and what he might see as "his failures".

All the stress just built up, he didn't care anymore and he was just going to go for it and give in to his compulsion and obsessive thoughts of resentment to relief.

His financials I'm guessing were a mess/debt ridden, he was sleep deprived, his students confronted him (humiliated to him) as a large group/spectacle about his grading, sounds like he didn't get that job as mentioned, got 2 tickets from LE - he was seeing himself as a failure possibly like he did in his younger years and just gave into the dark thoughts/ideas to self medicate with murder. If he felt numb for years, he was seeing if murder possibly made him feel alive or feel anything.

All JMO, MOO I'm probably wrong, but that's what comes to mind.

Last edited:
And perhaps didn't give a rip if he got caught, or not, because his only motive was to see what, if anything, he felt after taking a life (in this case, more than one).

MOO.
He went somewhere after his killing spree and someone must have seen him. My late husband used to help friends butcher steers. He was a mess when he came home, with blood in every pore. I don't care how hard he scrubbed himself, there would be blood caked under his nails and cuticles. If he walked across an interior floor, there would be blood. I just read there's a sealed search warrant for his apt.That search is going to be or was, very revealing. (search his name on twitter)

He went somewhere after his killing spree and someone must have seen him. My late husband used to help friends butcher steers. He was a mess when he came home, with blood in every pore. I don't care how hard he scrubbed himself, there would be blood caked under his nails and cuticles. If he walked across an interior floor, there would be blood. I just read there's a sealed search warrant for his apt.That search is going to be or was, very revealing. (search his name on twitter)
You’re right, it would be nearly impossible to escape trace physical evidence. It is my sincere hope (and I believe it’s probable) that the search warrants for his car, apartment and person, all resulted in the discovery of significant physical evidence that will result in a jury’s swift deliberation and return of a very guilty verdict… regardless of whatever twisted production the defense tries to put on at trial. God-willing anyway.

Last edited:
Considering they know he was a the least stalking the house they would most likely ask for those records with subpoenas. Didn't the PCA site his phone's whereabouts on an August 2022 date?
Yes, Aug 21 was a traffic stop, during that stop he gave LE is phone number. (Page 10)

Probable Cause Affidavit
BBM
On December 23, 2022, I was granted a search warrant for Kohberger's historical CSLI from June 23, 2022 to current, prospective location information, and a Pen Register/Trap and Trace on the 8458 Phone to aid in efforts to determine if Kohberger stalked any of the victims in this case prior to the offense, conducted surveillance on the King Road Residence, was in contact with any of the victims' associates before or after the alleged offense, any locations that may contain evidence of the murders that occurred on November I3, 2O22, the location of the white Elantra registered to Kohberger, as well as the location of Kohberger.

On December 23, 2022 pursuant to that search warrant, I received historical records for the 8458 Phone from AT&T from the time the account was opened in June 2022.

After consulting with CASTSA, I was able to determine estimated locations for the 8458 Phone from June2022 to present, the time period authorized by the court.

The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days.

On the night, the killer acted alone but I do think he conferred with someone beforehand.

There's more to come.
If confer, you mean that he was in anonymous communication with other like-minded killers (or want-be-killers) on the dark web, I would not be surprised to learn that. But if you mean he was conferring in real-time with a person he knows and he's known to them, I would find that very (very) unlikely.

The pain and devastation is intentional, the only remorse felt by people who commit these kinds of senseless murders is the remorse of being caught.
Jmo

I am not quite sure. Ultimately, it comes to some interneuronal connections and abnormal discharges that even the criminals themselves may not feel. What if they live their lives in some fog, poorly understanding why they are feeling this way? We really don’t know much about it.
WSU students: Kohberger spoke up in class — except when Moscow killings were the topic

During class, Kohberger, 28, appeared academic minded and didn’t shy away from speaking up, including challenging his classmates, said Roberts, and another master’s degree student who the Statesman granted anonymity to answer emailed questions.

Kohberger’s enthusiasm for his area of study — understanding the criminal mind — was regularly on display, they said.

“Bryan only talked about his interest in forensic psychology,” the master’s student told the Statesman. “He was an incredibly strong student and talked during class every time.”

“He sat front and center, and was not hiding or tucking back in the back,” Roberts added. “He was right there in the middle of it.”

As a result, Kohberger’s non-participation in a lengthy conversation about the Moscow homicides stands out in retrospect, said the master’s student. The person said they had four classes with the man now sitting in the Latah County Jail, including a courts and legal process class where the killings were discussed before the semester ended the week of Dec. 12.

“He was completely silent,” Kohberger’s classmate said.

What I noticed was “In a handful of conversations outside of the classroom with Kohberger, Roberts said that the two talked a little about music and sports, and that Kohberger at one point mentioned he liked to hike.”

Much as it is a common hobby, and BK was in the right state for hiking, I’d like to check his favorite trails, both in WA or around PA, for anyone’s disappearance. Giving that BK tended to go to a neighboring state for crimes (if he is guilty), one wonders if upstate NY or even the Berkshires could be his area.

Yes, it was slightly saddening how some ex-“friends” immediately jumped on TikTok to comment. And consequently, were interviewed by the real media. In their haste, people didn’t minimally train themselves to speak on camera. I can’t blame them for being entrepreneurial, but kudos to those knowing BK’s and his family who stayed away from that circus and maintained their dignity.
I don't see any loss of dignity in answering some questions asked about a classmate's behavior or demeanor who's just been arrested for four savage murders. What is there to hide? If you observed a personality up close and personal then you did. If you want to talk about it, you do. If BK had been killed by police in a stand off at arrested warrant time, wouldn't reporters still record any and all information from people who knew him about his existence? Unless someone is slated to later testify in court proceedings or a judge has ordered them not to speak, I don't see why they can't answer any question they decide they want to about BK or decline to answer them.
AJMO

I don't see any loss of dignity in answering some questions asked about a classmate's behavior or demeanor who's just been arrested for four savage murders. What is there to hide? If you observed a personality up close and personal then you did. If you want to talk about it, you do. If BK had been killed by police in a stand off at arrested warrant time, wouldn't reporters still record any and all information from people who knew him about his existence? Unless someone is slated to later testify in court proceedings or a judge has ordered them not to speak, I don't see why they can't answer any question they decide they want to about BK or decline to answer them.
AJMO

Agree with the fact that it is a free country, and especially the right to be interviewed. However, since the friend is not a victim, and put herself out there, I hope it is OK to discuss one’s impression. It is the TikTok that surprised me, not the interview on paper. It sounded as if she never practiced her speech, and horribly rushed.

Could the sheath have been under one of the bodies, but not visible until CPR was attempted or moved by Paramedics?

I don't know. Everything occurs on a continuum, and killing four strangers in a house with a knife in the night, if this is what he really came for, would be a stretch for a top-end serial killer. The entire crime seems to be edging toward grandiosity, and I wondered about a somatic problem when reading about all that snow vision. But this is me putting together the few pieces we can see of the puzzle and guessing at the rest which means I might be running right off the rails. I'm convinced he committed the crime to experience the taking of a human life, but there are other more-likely-to-be-successful ways of killing, including some that are legal.

TBH, I was questioning a specific neurological problem, which potentially might cause grandiosity as well as periodic visual distortions. Another explaination could be sensory processing disorder, coming in so many forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc