ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
dbm
It was BK that used it. Thought it odd as well.

“It is a little out of character. He said this is not him,” LaBar said on NBC. “He believes he’s going to be exonerated. That’s what he believes. Those were his words. So he’s really been very easy to talk to, actually, and he’s in a calm demeanor.”

I think Attorney LaBar did a good job in representing BK as a public defender during the PA extradition period. He did what defense attorneys do to represent the best interests of their clients. JMO.

Unless it's behind the police car I'm not seeing the jeep. This is from an article posted 11/16. It seems like it took LE awhile to tow the cars away. It seems like I remember seeing it towed. Not sure anymore. JMO
4 Idaho college students killed in 'targeted attack,' no suspects in custody
Here is the aerial view with source link. His Jeep is off to the left.

His curiosity got the better of him. "How did I get caught? What did I overlook?" After he sees the paperwork Oh wow. I'm in deep #%^&! JMO
Curiosity…kills the…yup. He knows he is sinking fast, with every exhale - that grip tightens. They probably have a lot more evidence and facts than most everyone presumes. I’m waiting for the floodgates to open. JMOO
I think it’s believable that he did just walk out with the knife in his hand. He seems to be right handed, (judging by the papers he signed at his PA extradition hearing.)

If he held it in his right hand, by his side or leg, his body would have blocked it from the roommate’s sight—and she seems to have been looking at his face, anyway, to notice his eyebrows. She might not even have looked down.
MOO
Absolutely. He had it in his hand after wiping it off on a sheet or a piece of clothing on a victim. As he exited X’s bedroom he would be arching to the right all the way around the corner, down the step in front of DM’s room, and out the sliders. DM was fixated on his face, eyebrows. I do not believe they ever locked eyes - or he would have struck again. She is fortunate for primal instincts. JMOO

Does anyone think there is absolutely anyway possible the knife could still be somewhere in the house? I don't, but stranger things have happened. I wonder if DM noticed it in his hand when she saw him. Completely understandable if not. JMO
Logic says he had a very limited area to hide it if he didn't have it in his car when he fled the scene. It would be somewhere between Xana's room and where his car was parked. JMO

Last edited:
MOO Then LE should have said 2011-2016...but they didn't. You are right there were changes to the front and rear ends and other visible changes. So by LE only searching for the unchanged version it would indicate that they were sure of the vehicles year (body style) of the car but they conveniently changed it to match their suspects Elantra

I see that as reasonable doubt not an attempt to insult the intelligence of the jury. IMO
MOO it really doesn't matter how they identified the car or what model years they were told to look for by the FBI. What they have is a car at and near the scene, that matches the appearance of a car that belongs to him, moving around to the same locations as a phone that belongs to him. Then the very very very strange coincidence of a sheath from a knife that (in all likelihood) killed a bunch of people, next to one of said people, with DNA on it that matches his. Finding the car could have been dumb luck for all it matters, the most important thing is that it led to someone whose DNA matched the DNA found at the scene, and clued them in to looking for a car that was his on security video.

I would want my kid to trust their gut.
I didn't reply to this at first, but I think it's really important. We walk a line as parents and want our kids to be kind and responsible people but also feel confident navigating an unpredictable and sometimes dangerous world. I will just share that not too long ago, when kids with disabilities were separated from their peers, exposure to kids who talked "funny" or not at all (because they were deaf, for example), or kids who did not know to take turns when playing games and didn't seem to acknowledge their playmates when playing games (who might now be dx on the autism spectrum) was limited. So when "normal" kids came across them, the unusual kid seemed weird and make the "normal" kid feel uncomfortable. Perfectly natural. With time, education, and acceptance, more and more of the "normal" kids understand the challenges that other kids face and understand how to interact with them.

So in helping "normal" kids figure out their gut reaction, one thing I use as a touchstone is the question of whether they feel safe or not. It's not a simple question and is worth exploring. If a child ever feels unsafe, that is absolutely 100% worth validating. But sometimes, kids feel uncomfortable because they don't know what to do, not because they feel unsafe. In these cases, education and skill building are very helpful, imo.

When the 28-year-old Ph.D. student was asked why he had been in Moscow – an eight-mile drive from his apartment in Pullman, Washington – he allegedly retorted, "The shopping is better in Idaho."
EDITED: The first article from News Nation, to claim this information, which I don't find credible, does not quote the "inmate" as reporting to having the above conversation.
It simply says that KB allegedly said in regard to his cell phone pings, he was in the area of Moscow for shopping.

MOO
In this case, it’d be ‘wrongfully accused and then exonerated. However, defense attorneys are prone to wishful thinking, in public, at least!

MOO
The PA public defender did not state this as his position, he quoted BK as saying he wanted to return to Idaho and be exonerated.

Last edited:
While I agree HIPAA Receptionist would probably have blabbed about anything she noticed, I don't think we can assume he had no injuries. I just went to my GP. I didn't disrobe. Nobody pulled up my sleeves and they took my BP on top of my long sleeve sweater. Unless I had a big bandage on my hand, visible stitches or a gnarly looking visible bruise, I don't think either my doctor or the nurse would have noticed a healing or almost healed injury.
Right, that is what I meant by visible injuries. I was mainly referring to the idea that injuries can be seen on BKs hands in the traffic stop footage.

This.
Ugh.
The doxing (that poor guy at the memorial service)!
And what if it's proven that BK is innocent? All these people calling him truly terrible things, just piling on.
It's better to just have some dignity and offer even the least amount of dignity we can to each other (including any suspect in the case). Not only does it make for a more just world, it eases pain all around if we're wrong.

If he's guilty, we've lost nothing but the opportunity to be nasty.

Nvm, found the tapatalk~
new article:
Bryan Kohberger’s chilling posts as a teen reveal how he felt ‘no emotion and little remorse’ | The Independent
But the posts from the online discussion forum, purportedly made when he was 16 years old, appear to reveal Mr Kohberger’s concerns about his suicidal ideation, challenges with a disorder he described as “visual snow” — a disorder that causes people to see static, and inability to connect with his relatives.

“I feel like an organic sack of meat with no self worth,” one post reads. “As I hug my family, I look into their faces, I see nothing, it is like I am looking at a video game, but less.”

He then proceeded to say he felt “unintelligent” and as though he was experiencing “depersonalization” and felt “little to no remorse.’

“I often find myself making simple human interactions, but it is as if I am playing a role-playing game such as oblivion; I can see what is going on, I am slightly into it, but I can pause the game and focus on my real life,” the post states.

It continues: “I view everything as I would if I was playing oblivion, pointless and full of nothing, out of reality. I am moving out of my house, my last holidays were already lived, but where was I? As my family group hugs and celebrates, I am stuck in this void of nothing, feeling completely no emotion, feeling nothing.”

“I feel dirty, like there is dirt inside of my head, my mind, I am always dizzy and confused.”

The author went on to mention “regrets [he] predicts for [his] future self,” before saying he’d felt “eerie and alone” since he was 15 and did not wish to be alive anymore.

The last post made by the profile was on February 2017, with the author ominously writing that he’d come to terms with his visual snow, but adding it “could be a bad thing.”

More than a decade after the posts were made, Mr Kohberger is now the only suspect in the brutal November stabbings in Moscow.

MOO Then LE should have said 2011-2016...but they didn't. You are right there were changes to the front and rear ends and other visible changes. So by LE only searching for the specific unchanged version it would indicate that they were sure of the vehicles year (body style) of the car but they conveniently changed it to match their suspects Elantra

I see that as showing reasonable doubt not an attempt to insult the intelligence of the jury. IMO

According to the PC affidavit they searched for everything up to a 2016 after additional analysis by the FBI Forensic Examiner. They had no duty to publicly address the reasoning any more than they did any of their other investigative techniques. I am sure there is plenty of documentation to show why they broadened the search outside of it being obvious those 2 model years side by side could be confused for each other. Even if it was a mistake, they are expected to correct it.

“As I hug my family, I look into their faces, I see nothing, it is like I am looking at a video game, but less.”

“I am blank, I have no opinion, I have no emotion, I have nothing. Can you relate?”

In another, the user boasted that he could do “whatever I want with little remorse.”

Kohberger also told [his friend at the time] that he had been depressed since he was 5 years old, which caused him to develop “a weird sense of meaning.”

Bryan Kohberger said he felt ‘blank,’ had ‘no emotion’ as a teen: report (nypost.com)

Here's what I have been wondering. Where did he put the knife when he was done? Obviously, he didn't put it back in the sheath. Was he holding it when DM saw him? If not, where did he put it? I'm guessing that he did not walk out of the house with it still in his hand. MOO
I suspect he DID wield it all the way back to his car, in case he encountered someone else along the way.

Very well written and well thought out article, providing his own expert opinion (one of many, but well articulated with context and data that he uses to form his opinions).

As a criminology professor, he focuses on some key questions related to BK's choice of discipline to study. He asks (my paraphre of his remarks) -

"Was his (BK's) passion for studying criminology a cause or an effect (of having a murderous mind)" (that is, did BK choose to study criinology because he already had a murderous mind? or was his murderous mind the result (effect) of studying serial, mass and spree killers)

"Did he (BK) become obsessed and aspire to join their ranks (BTK and Bundy)"

Definitely worth reading the entire article, IMO.
As you say definitely worth reading, What is scary is some of those confessed murderers who were never discovered. Scary thought isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches