ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about the blows of the knife into those bodies and there’d be no sympathy towards him, imo. If you’ve got empathy towards him, you’d understand how he feels and why he did what he’s accused of?

I would like to read the whole thread about the discussion of vss, not just the excerpts which were supposedly written by BK, this would give a better understanding of how others expressed themselves and felt about their condition also.
I’ve been on similar self help sites 12-15 years ago, and there was a lot of oneupmanship and manipulation in play, particularly, in teen males. There’s talk of medication, diet, a list of symptoms and a kind of mentoring taking place, someone sets themselves up as the go to advisor, they’ve had it all, seen it all, treated people badly and want to make amends by taking others under their wing. I’ve got my own theory of what that’s about.

All murderers were once children, once innocent, they are who they become, and they take the lives of innocent people. I’m not for the death penalty but if he’s found guilty, he should be locked away for life.
Jmo
Just on the bolded ^

All the VSS discussions are still up on tapatalk ( you can read the replies to BK. IMO he's definitely resistant to considering himself as mentally ill. That can be gleaned from the conversations from other VSS sufferers)

Re the knife sheath

Was his DNA only on the button?
I thought if the knife was his, then BK's DNA should have been all over the thing, no?

I'm curious if different DNA was also found on the sheath.

All good and pertinent questions. It seems as though his DNA should be all over the sheath--unless he bought it while wearing gloves and tried not to touch it with his hands. If he purchased it used from another party, which might be the best route for a future killer to go--it might have had all sorts of DNA on it.

So many good questions and so few answers...

I've been trying to come up with any other vaguely reasonable explanation for the evidence we know about already, even though I'm sure LE has a lot more. I got pretty far down one path! Farther than I expected to get

But even so, there would be communication between my hypothetical mastermind and bk. If there's no communication between them, the frame job absolutely couldn't happen, imho.

So if he wants to try that in court, he'd better have some receipts is my end verdict on that!
I too got pretty far down that path. This is why I am waiting to see the ALL the phone records and more evidence. JMO

I wrote my thoughts down a few days ago and then decided not to post what I was feeling. Then you post feelings that almost mirror mine. I have no answers.....here's what I was feeling

Not psychic or anything, but I usually at least have strong feelings about the defendant. The evidence thus far makes him look quite guilty but I'm not feeling my usual hatred toward him like I have with other murderers in the past. I don't know if reading the tat postings softened my emotions or what. This is a new experience for me and I don't understand my empathy towards him or is it that I'm not feeling his guilt as well? Things are just not adding up. There is much more to this than what I've seen so far. I think big surprises are coming or I'm just out in left field.
I think it's partly because we've seen so many targeted mass killings with specific targets, followed by the discovery of angry, hateful screeds left behind by the perpetrator(s) — hatred for a stranger's race, religion, gender, whatever reason. This dude left behind years of hatred only for himself and his mental anguish; we haven't seen evidence of him blaming others for his feelings or his behavior. I don't think it's a stretch (with what we know so far) to not have hate for this dude the way we may have hate for a Watts or a Roof or any of the Petersons. MOO.

The Dateline episode revealed something that I’m not sure if it was new information or not, but they interviewed one of his students at WSU when he was a teacher’s assistant and the student said he was a really tough grader and would often deduct points really harshly, but right after the murders he started giving everyone 100s for everything.

A psychologist on the episode speculated that the murders gave him a psychological release that changed him and perhaps got rid of pent up anxiety and anger within him.
I think the psychologist might be overthinking things ^^^ here. :)

The student that described BK's new grading system seemed too have a better explanation for why the students were suddenly getting 100s for all assignments----the student said that BK wasn't making any notes or corrections so he probably wasn't even reading any of the papers or essays. He was just quickly writing 100 on each one and could be done with it quickly. He was obviously distracted and the student said he appeared to be exhausted.

The location of the security camera and the victims house, its completely pointing away from 1122.

I had wrote many pages ago that I thought the thud could not have been picked up from the cam/mic coming from inside the victims home. I speculated then that it was a trunk slam, possibly the killer rushing to get away and slamming his truck lid after putting his murder gear in the trunk
I mentioned this a while ago as well and agree with you. I can't imagine anyone living this close to a party zone would have a camera and mic set to capture sound within nearby houses. Aside from being creepy, how annoying it would be to have to hear all that? It's certainly not making your home more secure, which I assume is the point of home security. I think this camera/mic captured outdoor sounds, not indoor.

<modsnip - incel discussion not allowed>

Earlier, I forgot to include the link about the hands.

Good link! That's interesting stuff.

<modsnip - incel discussion not allowed>

One interesting thing I'm copy/pasting directly from the DSM-5 concerns NREM or "Non-REM" Sleep Arousal Disorders. Not being a medical professional, I cannot say whether or not this fits BK, but in light of his reported sleeping issues and propensity for extreme violence (if he's guilty), I think it's worth sharing.

"
Functional Consequences of
Non-REM Sleep Arousal Disorders

For the diagnosis of a NREM sleep arousal disorder to be made, the individual or household
members must experience clinically significant distress or impairment, although parasomnia symptoms may occur occasionally in nonclinical populations and would be
subthreshold for the diagnosis. Embarrassment concerning the episodes can impair social
relationships. Social isolation or occupational difficulties can result. The determination of a “disorder” depends on a number of factors, which may vary on an individual basis and
will depend on the frequency of events, potential for violence or injurious behaviors, embarrassment, or disruption/distress of other household members. Severity determination is best made based on the nature or consequence of the behaviors rather than simply on frequency. Uncommonly, NREM sleep arousal disorders may result in serious injury to the individual or to someone trying to console the individual. Injuries to others are confined to those in close proximity; individuals are not “sought out.” Typically, sleepwalking in both children and adults is not associated with significant mental disorders. For individuals with sleep-related eating behaviors, unknowingly preparing or eating food during the sleep period may create problems such as poor diabetes control, weight gain, injury (cuts and burns), or consequences of eating dangerous or toxic inedibles. NREM sleep arousal disorders may rarely result in violent or injurious behaviors with forensic implications."

Last edited by a moderator:
do we have a forensic psychiatrist on the forum?
( agree though in general, even if we did, they wouldn't attempt to diagnose him anyway)
But if he really suffered from some mental illness from early age, wouldn't he be under some psychiatrist's care?
I mean, is it not obvious to seek MEDICAL help instead of curing oneself with heroin or other drugs?

My mind boggles!
I really do not get all this :(

JMO

I mentioned this a while ago as well and agree with you. I can't imagine anyone living this close to a party zone would have a camera and mic set to capture sound within nearby houses. Aside from being creepy, how annoying it would be to have to hear all that? It's certainly not making your home more secure, which I assume is the point of home security. I think this camera/mic captured outdoor sounds, not indoor.

I may have misremembered but isn't the audio record feature on that bulb camera only activated once there's visual signs of activity close to its sensors?

This is a great story and you are correct about Blum's bona fides. This on on AirMail, which requires a subscription. Well worth it for excellent journalism (currently $10/month and less when paid annually; often with special pricing/discounts) and there's a Part 2 coming shortly on this story.
Thank you so much for posting this -- wonderful writing- almost poetic

I was thinking forensic, surgical, crime scene cleanup shoe covers..something that would allow a pattern to come through when sufficiently wet. IDK what a galosh is made of. Is that like a rubber type rain boot?
IMO yes black rubber non slip sole shoe covers or boots

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly either - but a whimper from a neighbor's camera wouldn't mean much -- in my opinion -- unless it caught the sound of a victim that was outside, and I don't think any were outside at any point. Maybe BK whimpered as he left the house? Who knows? But, whimpers are typically pretty soft (MOO) so I doubt one that occurred inside a house next door would be picked up on a neighbor's camera.
I'm wondering if the 4:17 audio, which really didn't serve for anything in the PCA narrative except as part of the timeline, will actively support DM's statements later. She might have heard the thud just before she looked out her door for the third time and saw the masked man walking near her. The PCA seemed to be written in chronological order of events, imo, which means the thud came before he left the house. Why else include it in that part of the PCA? They could have pointed out that DM heard the thud, if she did, but audio footage is better then a witness statement, and gives exact timing. So, per PCA written order: 4:17 thud, DM watches man walk towards sliding door, 4:20 white Elantra leaves.

Personally, I would be surprised if a judge allowed that evidence because it's pretty open to interpretation. MOO

Not all dogs bark to protect their owners. In fact, many run and hide behind the couch. I suppose there *could be* a bark expert of some type that could reasonably verify if the bark on the video could have been made by K's dog. After all, the bark of a rottie sounds a lot different from the bark of a teacup poodle.

But a thud? To me, that's stretching it--a lot. A thud could be a door of the frat house across the street being shut forcefully--it could be the sound of the house it's attached to cooling after the HVAC shuts off. It could be any number of things -- but I think it's unlikely to have been a body falling in a house next door. To me, the thud "evidence" is pretty hokey.

All MOO.
I've thought if there was a struggle in Xana's room it's possible someone or something could have hit the wall with a big thud loud enough to be captured on the neighbor's cam. If voices can be heard within the walls a collision with that outside wall could be recorded?

But if he really suffered from some mental illness from early age, wouldn't he be under some psychiatrist's care?
I mean, is it not obvious to seek MEDICAL help instead of curing oneself with heroin or other drugs?

My mind boggles!
I really do not get all this :(

JMO
I guess if we get to and through a trial we'll hear expert witness testimony after evaluations and we might learn about historic med and school records for BK?

After Sandy Hook the state ordered a review. If we don't get to trial and sentence mitigation might that happen here? Might the state of PA not want to go there? IDK. Conjecture. (That Connecticut newspaper also fought a long battle to access the material found in Lanza's home )

Link below notes that review found that only one practitioner at Yale's Child study centre appreciated gravity of Lanza's presentation.
Maybe help was sought in BK's case but it wasn't appropriate or he didn't comply with recommended treatments once he was an adult. ( That's just as possible as any number of outcomes re BK's MH. We have so little info to go on)

Yep, this is why I think it was spontaneous. Planning this and carrying it out on a night that is so active just doesn’t make sense. He would have been smarter to go on a weekday when they would have been more likely to be sound asleep and far fewer variables.
IMO, it was an eerily quiet Sunday night tho as described by neighborhood residents and the killer may have had Monday off.

Only one latent print was relevant. Latent prints cannot be seen without special treatment. DM's words caused them or perhaps they already were think of...doing a different test.

There cannot be just one print in blood. They should find (two paces away) the same footprint with slightly more visibility. And so forth. And they probably already had prints - but perhaps not out to that part of the hallway.

I have been mystified all along by the lack of blood footprints (on the deck, given the hasty retreat) and now, down the hallway. Why not more blood footprints?

Because he planned exactly how to execute the most blood-free murders he could, up until he ran into Xana.
IMO, but why choose a knife then? Most knife killings are gruesome ie., NBS

Reactions: GRT
I may have misremembered but isn't the audio record feature on that bulb camera only activated once there's visual signs of activity close to its sensors?
I don't remember that feature being clarified for this particular camera. But based on what we know about student activity in the area, I can imagine most nights it would be constantly recording.

I don't remember that feature being clarified for this particular camera. But based on what we know about student activity in the area, I can imagine most nights it would be constantly recording.
It was many threads ago but iirc a member explored the spec of this bulb camera ( it can be seen in the photos of the house, see link) and that spec will have the minimum maximum distance activation for visual recording.

would partying students be climbing the steps to that house's door to activate the visual recording? ( which then activates audio record)

I guess if we get to and through a trial we'll hear expert witness testimony after evaluations and we might learn about historic med and school records for BK?

After Sandy Hook the state ordered a review. If we don't get to trial and sentence mitigation might that happen here? Might the state of PA not want to go there? IDK. Conjecture. (That Connecticut newspaper also fought a long battle to access the material found in Lanza's home )

Link below notes that review found that only one practitioner at Yale's Child study centre appreciated gravity of Lanza's presentation.
Maybe help was sought in BK's case but it wasn't appropriate or he didn't comply with recommended treatments once he was an adult. ( That's just as possible as any number of outcomes re BK's MH. We have so little info to go on)
As someone from CT and who knows people that had kids in that school that day, reading that AL report when it came out...just a bunch of we didn't know, they didn't know and how could we know. In fact, there were countless people, professional and family, over countless years that knew that young man needed serious help, mental and physical, but did nothing.

I hope It doesn't turn out to be more of the same story with BK.

AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member