ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the PCA he was not going at a great rate of speed towards the house at 3:45am. It just says the car was traveling westbound before it made a few passes past the King Road residence. The car was seen leaving at a high rate of speed at approximately 4:20am though. As for leaving at a high speed, IMO he was probably full of adrenaline and wasn't concerned about anything else at that particular moment.
What is considered a "high rate of speed?"

Sounds frenzied, right? Desperately on a mission.
Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. I have been trying to digest it ever since I first read the PCA, and I'm still mystified by it. Either he was so driven to commit this crime that he had given up all premises of trying to be cautious or there is something very different going on. I'll leave that to your imagination, for now.

JMHO

That’s what my husband keeps saying. He keeps saying Ethan was such a big kid! It he was asleep? I guess the girls were all so little and it seems Kaylee and Xana were the only 2 awake??? Maddie and Ethan were asleep???

Even little Mickey shunick got a gout swipe at Brandon Scott Lavergne. BUT, he was driving. So he was vulnerable and she caught him off guard. I think Bryan had the element of surprise on his side. When i wake my husband up he will grab me and sit up ready to fight and I’m like CHILL! Most people aren’t like that….
I think the events of the day, the late hour, and alcohol pretty much had them zonked out. JMO

Don't rule out the possibility that they have other eyewitnesses besides DM, including BF, the DoorDash driver, and neighbors. From the PCA it would appear that at least 3 different cameras recorded him driving in the immediate area. Most likely all these video cameras picked him up when the motion initiated recording, and would have been audibly notified of the event. Anyone that was awake could have looked out their window. Not everything they have is in the PCA.

My video camera system (8 cameras) records all cameras continuously... and only marks those that are motion activated so you don't have to weed thru all the dead time.

However, when my camera footage was given to LE here for a car that was stolen 2 doors down, I was able to cut and paste several camera segments that we both motion activated and ones that weren't but still showed something.

I wouldn't be surprised if LE had footage a minute before the actual motion trigger happened.

FYI

I’m throwing out a theory that I haven’t seen discussed (report if not allowed).

Background for how this theory came to mind- a few years ago I had a maintenance worker who learned my shower schedule and would show up at the house I was renting at the time when I was alone and let himself in. Eventually a roommate set up a camera in the house and caught him stealing dirty underwear from our laundry baskets while I was in the shower. It was scary.

Knowing that BK has HVAC experience, could he have had a side gig as a maintenance guy? If we are floating a June move-in timeline he could have even started doing maintenance for these houses over the summer before his grad program and TA position started. It would explain multiple visits to the property (I’m thinking the one day time visit was an actual maintenance call and then subsequent late night visits were stalking) and could explain why there was an HVAC truck at the house after the murders. He could have set up surveillance in the ductwork during the initial maintenance call.

Just an idea.

Sounds frenzied, right? Desperately on a mission.
I agree that it sounds totally frenzied. IMO, he very well could have been pumped up on drugs for these murders. His behavior would indicate that. I know nothing about drugs or if a person would even be physically able to commit this kind of crime in the short time period that he did if he were high on heroin (his drug of choice).

This is interesting:

22-M10994 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: 500 blk INDIAN HILLS DR

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: CLO

Time Reported: 13:34

Cad Comments:

There is a woman who is going door to door asking neighbors questions. Officer advised. No Report.

Idaho killer may have left ‘calling card’ to claim murders, possibly killed before: experts​

New York Post
Story by Isabel Keane
1/17/2023

"University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger may have left behind a “calling card” to show he was at the scene of the grisly killings in Moscow, Idaho — and the brutality of the crime suggests that he possibly has killed before, according to experts."

Idaho killer may have left ‘calling card’ to claim murders, possibly killed before: experts

ETA another "expert" opinion:

Clue Left at Idaho Murders May Be Clever Move by Bryan Kohberger: Professor​

Newsweek
Story by Matthew Impelli
1/16/2023

"The knife sheath left at the home where four University of Idaho students were murdered could be a "clever move" by Bryan Kohberger, according to a criminology expert"

Clue Left at Idaho Murders May Be Clever Move by Bryan Kohberger: Professor

Last edited:
I’m throwing out a theory that I haven’t seen discussed (report if not allowed).

Background for how this theory came to mind- a few years ago I had a maintenance worker who learned my shower schedule and would show up at the house I was renting at the time when I was alone and let himself in. Eventually a roommate set up a camera in the house and caught him stealing dirty underwear from our laundry baskets while I was in the shower. It was scary.

Knowing that BK has HVAC experience, could he have had a side gig as a maintenance guy? If we are floating a June move-in timeline he could have even started doing maintenance for these houses over the summer before his grad program and TA position started. It would explain multiple visits to the property (I’m thinking the one day time visit was an actual maintenance call and then subsequent late night visits were stalking) and could explain why there was an HVAC truck at the house after the murders. He could have set up surveillance in the ductwork during the initial maintenance call.

Just an idea.
What a horrible situation for you to be in!

I think your idea is an interesting one, but my thoughts are that info likely would have been in the affidavit if BCK had had previous access to the house. I could be wrong, though.

Why was it so easy for him to know where to quickly enter the house? Or did he just get lucky?
I’m not sure the sliding glass door was locked. It may have been broken because LE said no forced entry and they used stools to prevent anyone from entering afterwards. If he parked in front of the house, that’s puzzling. I would think parking behind the house just up past the trees would be a better spot—unless he was high on something???? IDK JMO

What a horrible situation for you to be in!

I think your idea is an interesting one, but my thoughts are that info likely would have been in the affidavit if BCK had had previous access to the house. I could be wrong, though.

They might not have had conclusive evidence one way or another at that point.

The document was surely under way by around Dec 5-10.

Did I miss a second door lock repair, wasn't just Xana's individual lock repaired or replaced by her Dad the prior weekend when it was parent's weekend on November 5th??

We do not know for sure. Mom was unclear when she spoke about it but yes, it would have had to be parent weekend as that's what mom was talking about - their visit to meet Ethan etc.

Weekend prior.

Did I miss a second door lock repair, wasn't just Xana's individual lock repaired or replaced by her Dad the prior weekend when it was parent's weekend on November 5th??

That’s a common belief, but there’s also a theory that it’s a misunderstanding of what was said. Her Dad didn’t say it himself.

MOO

I’m not sure the sliding glass door was locked. It may have been broken because LE said no forced entry and they used stools to prevent anyone from entering afterwards. If he parked in front of the house, that’s puzzling. I would think parking behind the house just up past the trees would be a better spot—unless he was high on something???? IDK JMO

We don't know where he parked, but we do see police examining skid marks on the south side of the house, and some tracks in dirt also on the south side. Doesn't mean he parked on the south side, though. He appears to have exited the scene by the south side. IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member