ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - Oh wait I misread that. I meant Instagram log in credentials, not family cell phone or Icloud account credentials. I don't know if anyone would have had her Instagram log in, but if they did it would allow them to see private messages. MOO
MOO: Assuming they could access her phone, then most people have apps like Instagram constantly logged in. So anyone with access to the phone also has access to the account. They could also have had their instagrams logged in on their laptops/tablets (just betting they had some other devices), less common, but considering that Maddie was a senior in marketing, it might be the case.

But if and who accessed what is a wide speculation at that point. I'll wait until LE information to take the bait. (Don't get me wrong, the social media involvement is not unlikely, but I don't like fishy leaks and like to keep my mind open)

Did I miss a second door lock repair, wasn't just Xana's individual lock repaired or replaced by her Dad the prior weekend when it was parent's weekend on November 5th??
We're not entirely certain that any locks were ever repaired. The only information we have on any lock repair comes from an early interview on Banfield with an extremely distraught mother who could well have been confused. It was never confirmed by X's father, LE, the surviving roommates, or anyone else.

Here's the pertinent part of that interview

Last edited:
Has it been determined that the cell towers in Moscow are such that phones can be tracked to specific houses? In my memory, they were discussing him being in "the area."
At this point all we know from PCA is that the phone pinged off tower that the victim's residence also utilises for data, which places BK in the area but not necessarily at the house. Enough as part of probable cause. But yes, it's not right to state BK drove by the actual house 12 times or whatever prior, because that has not been claimed or proposed by LE at this time IMO. There is more to come no doubt IMO. All MOO

Is it possible girls upstairs were killed before 4, xk went down to get food, killer went to her bedroom, killed e, and she came in as that happened or killer was hiding behind door etc, she saw E and that’s when survivor heard “It’s ok, I’m going to help you”
No, BK was still driving around until after 4:00, and the "It's OK..." was a male voice, per the PCA.

There is no proof that he did or didn't try but it takes time to wake up, interpret the situation, assemble a plan and react.

The think that is hard for people to understand the reality of this knife. I own one and it's over a foot long and incredibly lethal and while mine has never been used for fighting or self defence, I can't imagine anyone winning many battles with someone armed and fully prepared to use it.
Agreed. It is a massive weapon.

We're not entirely certain that any locks were ever repaired. The only information we have on any lock repair comes from an early interview on Banfield with an extremely distraught mother who could well have been confused. It was never confirmed by the X's father, LE, the surviving roommates, or anyone else.

Since the father has never said anything in public about changing any lock, there’s been speculation that her distraught mother could have misinterpreted something he DID say. That “she changed a lot” might have turned into “I changed a lock.”
MOO and speculation

This case is the cover story for the January 16 issue, on newsstands now.
Jan. 16 should be off the newsstand by now (1/23 should hit newsstands today, Wednesday, if they do the same shipping schedule they used to. I work in media but have never worked for People). I see that 1/16 cover online in two versions: Barbara Walters, with an Idaho banner across the top, and a full cover of Idaho. I'm hoping they do another one when we know more; I'm not 100% confident the sliding-into-DMs story will hold up to sourcing scrutiny.

I posted all of this yesterday but my posts were spaced out so I wanted to put all 3 posts in one place to make it easier to follow along. I’d love to open up a discussion, if anyone wants to dive into the theory with me.

Post #1

I’m throwing out a theory that I haven’t seen discussed (report if not allowed).

Background for how this theory came to mind- a few years ago I had a maintenance worker who learned my shower schedule and would show up at the house I was renting at the time when I was alone and let himself in. Eventually a roommate set up a camera in the house and caught him stealing dirty underwear from our laundry baskets while I was in the shower. It was scary.

Knowing that BK has HVAC experience, could he have had a side gig as a maintenance guy? If we are floating a June move-in timeline he could have even started doing maintenance for these houses over the summer before his grad program and TA position started. It would explain multiple visits to the property (I’m thinking the one day time visit was an actual maintenance call and then subsequent late night visits were stalking) and could explain why there was an HVAC truck at the house after the murders. He could have set up surveillance in the ductwork during the initial maintenance call.

Just an idea.

Post #2

Woah. Check this out…

<modsnip - no source link for screenshot>

Edit: screenshot was of the Zillow listing for 1122 King Road. This part caught my attention: “All maintenance is performed by qualified, licensed, and insured professionals. All major systems (roof, furnace, etc have been updated in recent years). A proactive maintenance program with annual dryer vent cleaning, bi-annual furnace servicing, and proactive quarterly maintenance inspections.” I think that the issue was that I posted the screenshot without the link to an approved source. I’m not sure if Zillow is an approved source. I’m new to WS so if there is a description somewhere of approved sources, please point me to it. If it’s allowed, here’s the Zillow link: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

This is a lot of maintenance worker activity, especially HVAC related, that would likely be done over the summer in anticipation of the start of the fall semester. Edit: I mean a LOT. Way more than I’d ever expect (or want) from a property management company.

Just woah. I’m pretty sold on this theory now.

I agree with the person who responded to my original comment saying that it would have been released. And I also agree with the person who responded to them suggesting that maybe LE just didn’t know or didn’t have enough evidence yet.

This could potentially be huge. (Or could be not relevant at all.)

What do y’all make of it?

Post #3

Sundog said:

“I think that LE would have checked out all of the maintenance people who were associated with the King Road house very early on, and if BK was employed through the property maintenance company, or other vendor the property maintenance company used for home inspections, then LE would have had him on their radar from day one, so to speak.”

My thoughts as well at first but I guess I should finish telling the story from my original post. The maintenance worker who was stealing my underwear was an illegal subcontractor without relevant experience or qualifications. The property management company refused to share his info with police (I needed his name to file a restraining order) until they obtained a search warrant because they were afraid of a lawsuit for sending this creep into my home. When police did get the search warrant, they had conveniently “lost” all of their employment records. Police could never prove that he worked for them or even get his name, and I was not able to file a restraining order.

The same could very well apply here.

Good points, especially about the cameras. It does make one wonder how much planning he truly did in that regard.

The PCA said the 4:04 move was an unsuccessful attempt at parking OR turning around. IMO, since he then went to the intersection of King/Queen and did the three point turn, I think he was attempting to turn around. Since we know X was awake that morning, my personal feeling is that the reason he went back and forth on the road (vs parking and sitting in the woods) was because he could only see her bedroom window from the front. So he went back and forth until her light was off, then parked back on Queen, maybe? Perhaps at some point he saw the lights were all off and he wasn't accounting for X still being up and on her phone. Just a thought.
Good thoughts. I was also thinking he turned around and made multiple attempts because the DD driver was making delivery? But wouldn’t there be video of DD coming and going? I assume?

This Post: by gliving

Interview with CUOMO : 4:21 mark...attorney had to cut him off multiple times when he wanted to tell him about the case. JMO

Thankyou. At approx minute 4.21 of the interview with LEBar is this "I did cut him off several times before he was able to tell me anything about the case". So not exactly cut off multiple times but certainly at that point BK was wanting to say something about it to LeBar. According to the interview, LeBar cut him off because his only job was to facilitate in the extradition hearing. LeBar's impression from his convo with BK was that the arrest was unexpected and that BK was unable to remember anything of what he said to police before invoking his miranda rights. I had not listened to this interview before, thanks for the link back!

There is no proof that he did or didn't try but it takes time to wake up, interpret the situation, assemble a plan and react.
Add to that all the victims likely had some degree of intoxication after Saturday night in a college town.
The think that is hard for people to understand the reality of this knife. I own one and it's over a foot long and incredibly lethal and while mine has never been used for fighting or self defence, I can't imagine anyone winning many battles with someone armed and fully prepared to use it.
I have one too, and it is no joke. Another thing to keep in mind is how tiny those bedooms are, there is nowhere to go to escape a maniac with a giant knife.

I wouldn't mind a PI looking at the DM's, my problem would be that info then getting leaked to the public, IMO. But in thinking about it, aren't the PI and LE pretty much doing the same thing right now? Wouldn't the PI have to turn info over to the LE anyway, since a case is already legally started and PI's don't technically bring charges? Maybe it's just to cover every angle, just in case? IMO?
IDK, maybe somebody else does. IMO, the PI should not be given access to the deceaseds' insta data by Instagram as that would be a breach of privacy. But that's just an impression I gained from general reading of posts here. MOO

It also appears he was job hunting after moving to Pullman. One place he applied was the Pullman PD, in September 2022, a couple of months before the murders.

I wonder if at that point he was planning to murder, but had not yet selected a target (which might be in Pullman)...thinking that he could then get insider info on how the investigation was going if he was working at the police department.

We're not entirely certain that any locks were ever repaired. The only information we have on any lock repair comes from an early interview on Banfield with an extremely distraught mother who could well have been confused. It was never confirmed by X's father, LE, the surviving roommates, or anyone else.

It's little details like this that quickly become accepted fact that bother me. If X's father had made the statement, I would find it a lot more credible but that whole interview was a train wreck and in my opinion, proved nothing.

Another example of misinformation accepted as fact was the location of the one survivor's bedroom and it shocked a lot of people to learn that internet rumours are not always factual.

Good thoughts. I was also thinking he turned around and made multiple attempts because the DD driver was making delivery? But wouldn’t there be video of DD coming and going? I assume?
IF BK saw the DD delivery person minutes before he attacked, did he not assume that some of the house occupants would be awake and maybe outside of their rooms? How did that not present a risk to him?

This Post: by gliving

Interview with CUOMO : 4:21 mark...attorney had to cut him off multiple times when he wanted to tell him about the case. JMO

^Best reference^ and answer is yours above, but adding a few others below.

The first thing I said to him was 'Bryan, don't tell me anything about the case. I don't want to know any of the facts and circumstances,'" said LaBar.

Bryan Kohberger's Pa. public defender opens up about what happened in the Poconos, what's next

LaBar told Law&Crime’s Angenette Levy that Kohberger spoke with law enforcement for five to 15 minutes at the Pennsylvania State Police barracks following his arrest early last Friday morning. Initially, Kohberger waived his Miranda rights but then requested an attorney. LaBar said Kohberger told him that police asked his client if he understood what was going on, and he responded by saying something to the effect of “yes, certainly I’m aware of what’s going on. I’m 10 miles away from this.” Then, LaBar said, Kohberger invoked his right to counsel and asked for an attorney.

Lawyer: Bryan Kohberger Initially Agreed To Talk to Police

His neighbor who complained about his late night activity had a family, for example.

That being said... I wonder if BK had looked for alternative living situations? I'm sure he looked around. I know that was something I looked at when I was moving for graduate school.
I suspect that BK would not have made:

- I doubt the neighbor's complaint about late night activity with thin walls phased BK at all. Rather, I suspect that he viewed the complaint as a 'non event' made by a 'non entity'.

Thinking that everybody outside of family and one ot two aquantiances are "non entities" to BK. This does not mean he seeks to harm all such people, just that they are not worthy of much consideration.

- BK seems to be an introvert and was probably not going to seek out any living arrangements with a room mate that he did not know personally.

- As other posters have mentioned, the apartments offered alot of convenience in regards to parking, proximity etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95