ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DO we know it was a fabric tag that had been sewn onto the mask and not the cardboard tag that said Dickies that would be tethered to the mask next to the price tag? I had been picturing the hanging tag with brand name.
I had been thinking it was the cardboard tag as well, but I'm open to the fabric idea now.

You guys and your trash talk!

"The residence “contained a significant amount of blood from the victims including spatter and castoff (blood stain pattern resulting from blood drops released from an object due to its motion),” according to a probable cause document seeking a search warrant for the suspect’s home and office."

It seems to me LE would know the order of death by the blood admixture in the blood spatter and castoff. But only if he killed each seperately and didn't stab going back and forth between victims. Sorry, graphic.

There are too many moving parts to process this as a sleuth IMO. Can't imagine BK could have actually buttoned up every single detail especially if he has a 'professor' type personality. He gave it the ole college try though.
RSBBM
LOL - haven't heard that one in a long time!

BK being a PhD student in criminology is certainly the icing on the hidden knife cake!
MOO

It was discussed in the last few threads that her account is essentially hearsay if she does not testify (I just learned this myself) so prosecution will want her to speak. Certainly the defense would call her to try to poke holes in her story :(

I doubt the surviving roommate will be "brutally" cross examined. She apparently did not see the perp's face and therefore cannot identify him. Her only evidentiary value relates to the timeline. She apparently heard voices and brief conversation she could not identify. A defense lawyer would likely just emphasize the uncertainty in her testimony and leave it at that. She may be asked to define "bushy eyebrows". She may be asked if the person she saw had a knife. Bullying a pretty young traumatized woman will not play well in the eyes of the jury.

I doubt a plea deal would be likely for either side. If I were 28, I would probably take my chances with a trial, even if only a slight chance of success. BK may be a "big man" when he is heavily armed, but will not be that way in prison. Unless he has some opportunity for release, I seriously doubt he would take any plea deal.
I think the question "why didn't you call the police?" is likely to come up on cross, so the prosecutor will get there first. "Why didn't you check on your roommates?" "Why did you wait so long...?" --the same stuff that comes up in the media and on here.

Yes, that is what I saw and to my mind I saw buying it, pulling off the hanging tag and tossing that in the bag.... I never thought of ripping the brand labeling tag off of the item....
ITA.

DO we know it was a fabric tag that had been sewn onto the mask and not the cardboard tag that said Dickies that would be tethered to the mask next to the price tag? I had been picturing the hanging tag with brand name.
BBM. I think it's just speculation about the tag being from a mask/balaclava: We don't know that the tag is actually from a mask at this point. Just for clarity.

I think the question "why didn't you call the police?" is likely to come up on cross, so the prosecutor will get there first. "Why didn't you check on your roommates?" "Why did you wait so long...?" --the same stuff that comes up in the media and on here.
I feel like questioning her is going to be dicey for the defense because she could turn the jury against her for being too harsh. IMO

Last edited:
BBM. I think it's just speculation about the tag being from a mask/balaclava: We don't know that the tag is actually from a mask at this point. Just for clarity.
great point, replace my use of mask with ITEM :)

But to what purpose? Just as a distraction? Would a judge allow that? MOO

I had been thinking it was the cardboard tag as well, but I'm open to the fabric idea now.
I totally could be ANYTHING, really. The cardboard tag is actually called a "hang tag" (thanks to someone here who used that term and then I Googled it). I definitely wouldn't think LE would know enough about tags to use that correct term.

Mine is only a THEORY that the Dickies tag that was collected from BCK's apartment is actually a sewn on one. Also my THEORY is that it was a tag sewn onto a balaclava. I came up with that THEORY because it is a FACT that the suspect was wearing that type of mask during the crime.

We all know that Dickies is popular for those tags of theirs. Not all companies sew their brand name tags onto a visible spot on their clothing, but Dickies sure does.

Regarding the discussion of him not owning sheets and towels.

The search warrant was pretty specific. It did not direct anyone to seize "sheets and towels". They took certain bedding pieces (or cuttings) that had stains or evidently tested presumptive for blood.

You can't just go in and take items outside the scope of the warrant.

The assumption he had no sheets or towels is growing wings here when we have absolutely no idea what was left in his apartment vs what was legally seized in compliance with the search warrant.

JMO
This is such a good point! Thank you! Can you imagine LE coming in with a warrant and leaving with the carpet torn off the floor and every item of clothing / linen in his apartment? That seems like a massive violation of rights as established in search warrants and probable cause, IMO.

I would hope the defense goes easy on her. I understand the idea of giving your client your best, but he merrily took four innocent lives to show us all that he could. Dylan should not even be crossed by defense. Of course, I think there’s a way a smart defense counsel could cross her to make BK look even worse.
Yes, the wrong cross examination could backfire. But remember that the defense is presuming BK is innocent so the idea or assumption that he "merrily took four innocent lives" is not their starting point. The defense's job is (barring the ability to mount an actual "he has an alibi" defense) to refute or poke holes in or or question what is presented as evidence of guilt by the prosecution. "Going easy" may be necessary if a victim's relative is called to testify about a phone call or a change of door locks. My larger point is that the eyewitness's testimony is likely to be difficult and emotional because I have zero doubt that she feels both very lucky to have survived and guilty that she didn't help her friends. That would be normal human emotion. But if the defense wants to challenge her memory, let's say, based on the fact that she took no action, that's likely to be a very painful part of the trial for her and for us to watch.

This bin is at his parents home in Pa, single family homes, gated community.
Thanks to everyone who pointed out where the sharing of the neighbor's bin occurred. I've not been reading much recently about the case. But since it was at his parents' house, it seems to me it's just as likely he was trying to hide something from his parents as from LE. It also seems more likely to me that in a settled neighborhood vs rental housing, neighbors might have an existing sharing agreement.
JMO

Why, and more so, When did you call friends over before calling the police? Because of potential crime scene contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem