ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he back at his apartment by 5:30am or so? That's only an hour, if he was covered in blood (especially on his clothes) it could still stain a porous surface like a mattress.
I’d expect him to shower though, so it’s weird. I can’t wait to hear what they found in those trash bags, and the result of swabs of his car. No way he got every drop. This case is already incredibly strong, but a slam dunk is on the way I think.

Do we have any informations on how many people went the house before LE got there? Do we know how disturbed was the scene and if the could see the whole scenario? I got very curious on that matter because I do recall the JonBenet Ramsey that one of the odd things that happened was that her family invited neighbors in and how this disrupted the whole crime scene.
I'm inclined to believe that once the surviving roommates knew something was terribly wrong, they fled the house ?

From the true crime shows out there -- for those who watch them -- people generally know not to disturb anything ?
I don't think anyone touched or moved anything or even walked into the bedrooms or hallway if one of the victims was found there.
Most likely tiptoed around and quickly left.

Jon Benet's case was a different scenario entirely and imo highly disturbing in the number of people who were invited and/or showed up outside of LE.
A very contaminated crime scene !
M00

Question: there’s a lot of speculation about a black Dickies jumpsuit, has that been confirmed?
Could it have been a Dickies face mask or baclava type mask or?
The only thing I noted from from the released docs was a “Dickies” tag?
Did I miss something?
thanks in advance !

Thanks @crhedBngr and @ktm44 ; for the info about the coveralls/dickies ; as I was also wondering if the knife sheath was in a side pocket and fell out when he would have pulled out the knife ?
Apparently it's the right size for a pen or pencil.

Last edited:
It appears to me that LE/prosecution has requested authority to search all digital devices from the period August 21, 2022 to November 14, 2022. I hope I am misunderstanding this. Are they required to limit their searches by dates? If so, why would they have not at least included the June 2022 period since we suspect he had an appointment to get his hair cut in that area much earlier (in June, was it?)?

"Based on all the foregoing information, there is probable cause to believe that evidence of the above-listed crimes exists in the below described digital devices and that there is probable cause to seize and search those devices for the evidence of the above crimes for the date range August 21, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. on November 14, 2022 including : . . ."
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23577675/full-3.pdf (page 24)

Last edited:
Wonder if that's what could be on the Marshall's receipt? One pair of VANS, could they be so lucky?

*Since they weren't recovered at his residence
Marshall’s receipts will only list the department. So at most the line for it would read something along the lines of footwear/shoes. They *might* be able to get the brand from the store the Marshall’s ticket came from upon their item look-up but that’s only if the sales associate input that detailed information upon creation of the original ticket, which back when I once upon a time worked for a lone Marshall’s Shoe Shop we for the most part only made descriptive entries for higher end/designer items.

Last edited:
Question: there’s a lot of speculation about a black Dickies jumpsuit, has that been confirmed?
Did I miss something?
thanks in advance !
Nothing confirmed, you're right on with just the tag.

I would (MOO) lean towards it being a work outfit-type or coveralls, as that is what Dickies is known for and majority of their products, but it could very well just be one of their baclavas or something fairly innocuous

It's not only the web browser. It's also the bluetooth devices that connected to or were picked up by the Firestick as it broadcasted availability.

I bet that some earlier rumors were true and Bryan had a bluetooth device (Phone, Car, Something) be picked up by a smart device in or near the house.

They are trying to link the two.
Firesticks can also remotely link to CCTV security cameras, the kind that don't need wifi.

However, they do need a data plan.

It appears to me that LE/prosecution has requested authority to search all digital devices from the period August 21, 2022 to November 14, 2022. I hope I am misunderstanding this. Are they required to limit their searches by dates? If so, why would they have not at least included the June 2022 period since we suspect he had an appointment to get his hair cut in that area?

"Based on all the foregoing information, there is probable cause to believe that evidence of the above-listed crimes exists in the below described digital devices and that there is probable cause to seize and search those devices for the evidence of the above crimes for the date range August 21, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. on November 14, 2022 including : . . ."
The only thing I can think of is the parking ticket he got on that day. Maybe they believe that was Day 1 of his casing of the area. Or that's the day he had some sort of important interaction that they have evidence of.

Maybe they were trying to set a scope. Starting to create their narrative of the crime and tightening it up into a window of time.

All speculation of course.

It appears to me that LE/prosecution has requested authority to search all digital devices from the period August 21, 2022 to November 14, 2022. I hope I am misunderstanding this. Are they required to limit their searches by dates? If so, why would they have not at least included the June 2022 period since we suspect he had an appointment to get his hair cut in that area?

Wasn't August 21st the date mentioned in PCA that he was at King Rd for over an hour (and then stopped by LE shortly after for unrelated reason)? Maybe that is the first time his phone was in that location.

Not a lawyer but I believe they have to show legitimate reasoning for having such a wide date range and probable cause that they will actually find evidence. Evidence of stalking is enough for August time frame, a haircut in June unrelated is not enough evidence

Data from the Roku Stick will show data from any streaming platforms he might have subscribed to / used on his TV (including YouTube), potentially a Spotify account... there are a ton of apps you can have on that kind of device, and as another user mentioned, it also connects to Bluetooth which could be important. I personally see it as a device that is first and foremost about streaming media (TV, movies, and music), but I think they can do a lot more. Regardless, it might be interesting to see what he was streaming.
I wonder if BK left his apartment as is on purpose because he truly thought local LE was not going to catch up with him because he thought he was so careful and he underestimated their competence? OR

He thought if LE did catch up to him and eventually searched his apartment, there wasn't much there for them to use in building their case against him except his own hairs, his own blood (or someone else's but not one of the 4 victims), and some receipts for items he bought that will never be found because after he used them in the murders he disposed of them off some cliff or in some deep body of water shortly afterwards.

Regarding what could have caused possible blood stains on his pillow or mattress or the "item" covered in red brown stains recovered under the search warrant from his apartment (to be tested to see what it is), I am 100% completely positive:
  • All 4 victims defended themselves and eachother & fought back against his vicious attacks as hard as they could if they could & in any way that they could, even semi-awake or as surprised or completely shocked as they were. I envision several "mortal combat" struggles one-on-one or one-on-two with each of the victims punching him & pushing him away & grabbing anything they could at hand & hitting him with it & fighting him off with everything they had in them, fighting for their lives.

• He was injured & maybe even "reeling" from how hard they fought back, and had open wounds and bruises on his head & hands & arms, and even a concussion or contusion to his head as well that left forensic evidence, even if "just" remains of wounds on him that still showed on him when he was arrested & may be his blood on the bedding at his apartment from those wounds.
MOO

Did I miss something?
thanks in advance !
Dickies sells a whole range of things - shirts, pants, t shirts, shorts, overalls, coveralls, hats, caps, and even scrubs. JMO

edit: and yes balaclavas too

Last edited:
So where are we disagreeing? I think you're missing the context for my response.

The person I responded to implied that LE is withholding information that only the true killer would be able to give them. A tactic that LE uses to VERIFY someone they suspect was the perp in a crime during a confession or accidental reveal during questioning. I was specifically addressing that.

We are past that point.

I wasn't addressing any other (cited as gamesmanship) means for withholding. Didn't challenge any of those. But if LE is holding on to information at this point hoping Bryan will accidentally corroborate it or reveal it during a confession then that's just silly LOL.

They are confident they have their guy. If they could have drawn a happy face on the PCA and submitted it, they would have.
Withholding information in the hope BK will accidentally corroborate it or reveal it during a confession is not the main or only reason for withholding information only the offender would know.

You withhold from the public to protect the integrity of the investigation, it's not just a "tactic". Only the person who committed the crime knows all of the details. When the discovery process begins and the arrested sees that some of the details are out that only he knew, things change. This lessens the defenses ability to defend whatever "detail" may have been revealed.

I agree we are past the point of an "accidental reveal."

Just speculation on various motives and such, on my part.

."

1674088265668.png

A pillow with a "reddish/brown stain." A "collection of dark red spotting." A disposable glove. At least a dozen strands of hair.

[...]

The warrant was served Dec. 30, the day Kohberger was arrested at his family home in Pennsylvania.

Included in the items taken from Kohberger's apartment in Pullman, Washington, according to the warrant, were a stained mattress cover, a computer tower, various receipts, the dust container from a "Bissell Power Force" vacuum cleaner, a "Fire TV" stick with a cord and plug and what's described as one "possible animal hair strand."

The other hair samples aren't specifically identified as human in the warrant, signed by...

Agreed. Such a shame that BK had so much time to get rid of evidence in WA. JMO
Well, after all, he is a degreed criminology student, so he’s got some knowledge, despite people calling him stupid, about evidence searches.

I can’t imagine the stains on the bedding/pillows are related to any victim. Like he would lay down on the bed without scrubbing himself down 20x? I bet he has cleaned, vacuumed, laundered, etc., as much as possible between the time he did it (allegedly) and leaving for PA. They ought to check his water and electric usage to see if they can tell whether he used an unusually high amount of water (laundry/cleaning) and electricity (dryer) between November 13 and December 13 (assuming he had those in his apartment).

I wish they would have found his laptop (I assume he had one.) Maybe they nabbed that in PA.

MOO!

Agreed. Such a shame that BK had so much time to get rid of evidence in WA. JMO

Depends on how you interpret the 3 week gap in the affidavit. 11/29 identification via car, reg plate change noted and PA plate requirements (rear only) noted, bushy eye brows noted, traffic ticket near the crime scene noted - 12/23 cell records warrant.

If they were surveilling him at anytime within that gap they were likely collecting his trash and had everything in that gap of time that wasn't in that apartment. BUT...he still likely had a 2 week head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member