ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4:17 audio fifty feet away from the residents describing a whimper and thud...

I hope that's little spitfire Xana Kernodle flurry fisting and trying for some defense against this monster, trying to piece together those horrific moments, widely reported SG was informed by the coroner about a 'hell of a battle' on the second floor.

I checked immediately when BK was arrested and only one account existed with that name. It’s still there - it has a Joker picture and says something about Xbox. It doesn’t follow any of the victims (or anyone else.) All of the other accounts were made in the hours after the arrest and are fake.

I think this post should be pinned and placed at the beginning of each thread, along with all the admin and mod posts. IMO.

The ones I'm referring to are the ones that were open before he was arrested.

There were also those accts that were suspected to be him, but using an alias or pseudonym. A few of those linked back to him in some way shape or form from years before.

This new Twitter story reminded me of this story, as one example:

I think we're on the same page. I just explained to a few colleagues the "present before the murders" BK account and no one can think of an explanation that isn't highly improbable (but improbable things happen, of course).

I have never given any thought to a single Instagram account that changed its name after BK's name was released.

And I do believe that BK was in some online discussion groups before his name was associated with the murders.

The example you gave, though, is AFTER the murders (Pappa Roger; InsideLooking; OutisideLooking). If you have evidence that any of these accounts were around before the murders, I really would like to see it.

Whereas the Instagram account under discussion WAS present before the murders. Big distinction to my mind. But ultimately, when it comes to Justice, the FBI/LE will know exactly who was behind all of those accounts, if relevant.

Good question. SG is not a party to any case. But I can't remember the pre-existing gag order well enough.
This tweet says it includes vics & their families too.

Disclaimer: I have not actually read the order (due to experiencing eye strain right now......yet I continue reading thru these comments on my phone, in very small print). So if this tweet headline is wrong, I'm sorry.

I think this post should be pinned and placed at the beginning of each thread, along with all the admin and mod posts. IMO.

If that's true, than other things the rest of us researched that day should also be pinned - but we are each merely individual humans declaring things to be true. This is NOT MSM or LE, so I say it's outside the rules of anything but opinion here.

I saw things on that day that I've mentioned, but cannot find them now as they have been housecleaned. WS would not be the same if all of us did that on every case.

FYI ABOUT SOURCES:

People Magazine is an approved source.

One quick way to find out whether a source is approved is to use the Search feature. You can search this thread or previous threads of this case to determine whether other Sleuths have posted content from the source you're considering. Click on 'Search' in the upper right corner then select 'This thread'. Page one of each Univ. of Idaho 4 thread has links to previous threads so you can quickly search those too.

If your in-thread search didn't return any results then search again but this time select 'Everywhere'. Odds are if you see pages and pages of links with posts that have content from the source, it's approved. Keep in mind there may be some posts (mostly ancient ones) that are in violation of WS' current TOS but they've been flying under the radar and just haven't been removed yet. In that case you would only see a few posts using that source.

Finally, if you can't find what you're looking for or still aren't certain, use the Report feature under any post to send a message to staff. Someone will get back to you ASAP after we check to see if you searched by doing our own little search. :p lol

PS: The Mod Squad promises that if we ever get a spare minute to leave from Idaho, we'll clean those up. :D ;)

Though I hope the victim's families' lawyers are telling them it isn't the best idea.
For what it's worth, I understand why people want the families to be able to speak out. I was more sympathetic to what was said and done by SG before the arrest, even though I felt people were being (understandably) impatient for a break in the case. But there is zero benefit for the family speaking to the press, other than to memorialize their lost loved ones to keep their humanity and our loss front and center. But talking about evidence, what LE is doing or not doing, or repeating what they hear about BK puts a conviction at risk.

One of the most surprising aspects of the Pike County Ohio massacre case was the victims' families did not talk to the press in ways that would have threatened a conviction--even though early reporting unfairly vilified the victims and potentially made it easier for any defense of the killers. The families should step back and let the process play out, now that a suspect has been arrested.

It's rarely sudden.

In Truman Capote's classic, In Cold Blood, the key person who led to solving the case waited to speak up, until encouraged by someone with, shall we say, morals?

He remembered earlier, but kept it to himself because he was scared.

People sometimes need support to speak out. Most victims do. It's well known.

I am not wary of people who keep things to themselves and then make a decision to speak up. All of this testimony/speaking up has consequences and most people won't speak up at all until it seems clear that the right person is in custody.

I trust this employee (whose identification tags are weak - but not as weak as the ones reported by the local reporter) more than I trust that local reporter. It sometimes takes a while to get a reporter to use one's information. People sometimes call reporters and get no response, even with voicemail, while the reporters happily call and spend 5 minutes on the phone with a random employee (this is in small town journalism; they are still learning).

People can choose to believe reporter 1 (who says BK never was at MadGreek but has only the source of "staff") or reporter 2 (who relays to someone their actual position on staff, which is "former employee").

He was either there or he wasn't.

Right, but there’s a difference between speaking up to the legal authorities if one has pertinent information, vs. talking to the news media for a moment in the limelight (and/or $$). IMO.

If that's true, than other things the rest of us researched that day should also be pinned - but we are each merely individual humans declaring things to be true. This is NOT MSM or LE, so I say it's outside the rules of anything but opinion here.

I saw things on that day that I've mentioned, but cannot find them now as they have been housecleaned. WS would not be the same if all of us did that on every case.
A gag order doesn't apply to people not connected to the case. Sleuth away. Opine away.

Disclaimer: I have not actually read the order (due to experiencing eye strain right now......yet I continue reading thru these comments on my phone, in very small print). So if this tweet headline is wrong, I'm sorry.

I too am fatigued, but that appears to be a screen shot of just the first page. I'll try and find the rest when I am able.

But I trust you. If in fact the two survivors and all the families of the victims are enjoined from speaking, I do understand why SG hired an attorney (but he needs a different one, if he's reading).

It's a misstep by the judge, if you ask me (and I have no idea whether both sides agreed - maybe they did).

I think a gag order might extend to a citizen if the information came from an embargoed source, but seriously, the parents of these murdered kids can't talk unless they're certain the person they are talking to won't "disseminate" their information. I call BS on that. I'm sure it's happened before, but the rest of us don't have to like it.

All it does is push people to go outside the jurisdiction (Twitter, TikTok, etc) and make a bigger deal out of everything. Again, if my child was murdered, I'd be happy to go to jail for my freedom to talk about it - if a judge told me I couldn't, I wouldn't obey. I would use my own sense and feeling and I think victims' families should be able to. I don't see any Supreme Court or Federal District Court rulings supporting this judge's decision (and she probably won't be the judge throughout the whole case, especially if both media and the families sue - it just spends more resources that could be spent on actually finding justice for the four victims).

I understand why many reports (autopsy especially) ought not to be public, but I think the families already have those reports and have been circumspect and responsible - let them continue in that way.

A gag order doesn't apply to people not connected to the case. Sleuth away. Opine away.
But now people are saying it applies to all the families (how many degrees out, I wonder?) and any victims (so, the roommates - and their boyfriends? and the boyfriends of the victims? ultimately, this far reach of a gag order (if true) would begin to encompass many people.

How do I know who is connected to the case? If someone contacts me and says they saw BK do X, is that person "connected to the case" by virtue of laying eyes on BK?

Right now, is it your understanding that the parents and siblings are all prohibited from speaking to the press?

For what it's worth, I understand why people want the families to be able to speak out. I was more sympathetic to what was said and done by SG before the arrest, even though I felt people were being (understandably) impatient for a break in the case. But there is zero benefit for the family speaking to the press, other than to memorialize their lost loved ones to keep their humanity and our loss front and center. But talking about evidence, what LE is doing or not doing, or repeating what they hear about BK puts a conviction at risk.

One of the most surprising aspects of the Pike County Ohio massacre case was the victims' families did not talk to the press in ways that would have threatened a conviction--even though early reporting unfairly vilified the victims and potentially made it easier for any defense of the killers. The families should step back and let the process play out, now that a suspect has been arrested.

Exactly my point. The victims' families talking to the press about their loved one is fine and understandable. But it just isn't wise to tell the press about evidence or other things LE isn't ready to reveal.

MOO

Can confirm re: name change. But someone whose user name is currently BK-adjacent did send one of the victims DMs before the murders, correct?

In reflection, I'm not at all concerned about the Instagram stuff.

Weeks before his name was released for bots, wannabes, weirdos and media to sleuth him out, there were 50+ federal agents targeted on his a$$. They know everything.

But now people are saying it applies to all the families (how many degrees out, I wonder?) and any victims (so, the roommates - and their boyfriends? and the boyfriends of the victims? ultimately, this far reach of a gag order (if true) would begin to encompass many people.

Where did you read that?

The ex-staffer at Mad Greek has a 1st amendment right to speak to anyone, including a reporter, about anything he knows. If he can provide corroboration of some kind, that's better, of course. But if not, believing him is a judgment call by media consumers.

Employers in the U.S. have no legal right to tell employees what they can or cannot say to the media. Of course, they do so anyway.

We haven't seen any LE-released evidence from Mad Greek.

It's important to allow "hot leads" into the public sphere IMO. I would not like living in a society where legal threats to silence rights to speech were the norm.

Reference: Private employers: You can’t forbid your workers from talking to journalists

MOO, etc.....
There's a big difference, in my view, from a private citizen speaking out about knowing BK in Pullman or Moscow or PA and attorneys and private investigators leaking information about the investigation to the likes of People either to taint the case or to get their 15 minutes of fame (to use a cliché).

That isn't how I'm reading it. I read it as:

"New: A Latah County Magistrate has issued a new and more strict gag order in Bryan Kohberger’s case prohibiting attorneys for witnesses, (attorneys for) victims, and (attorneys for) their families from speaking about the case."

MOO.

I guess, I just don't think they intentionally obtained a family member's DNA to compare. BK was staying there, I assume they were trying to get his DNA but wound up with his father's DNA (which proved to be 99.9998% as good.)

Semantics, I guess. :)
Yeah, when I first read about that I was kind of surprised and remember thinking, "why does having the dads DNA matter if the suspect's DNA was (or should have been) there?"..... Then I questioned whether BK was indeed there at the time.... then my brain turned into pudding so I just let it go.

Thank you. Okay, so where does this document then say that the FAMILIES are enjoined from talking? I don't see it. It is not in the initial part of the order, denoting WHO is being ordered. Did the judge screw up and denote another group further on?

This speaks directly (as did the first gag order) to attorneys, representatives, LE and agents - NOT to the victims.

Or anyone else. And all those other people get to decide, ON THEIR OWN, whether to speak and to whom.

Dissuade me, if you can.

That isn't how I'm reading it. I read it as:

"New: A Latah County Magistrate has issued a new and more strict gag order in Bryan Kohberger’s case prohibiting attorneys for witnesses, (attorneys for) victims, and (attorneys for) their families from speaking about the case."

MOO.
In short: the tweet headline is wrong.

I agree wholly with your interpretation.

I in fact think it may be a First Amendment violation to tell the families they cannot speak if they wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95