ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your diligence (I now have the order). I think we agree it does not include families or others (Mad Greek employees). I hope you help me hold the line on this over the next few days,<modsnip>
BBM

I totally got your "6" (LE term for back)! :cool:

And yes, we agree it does not include vics & families. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't how I'm reading it. I read it as:

"New: A Latah County Magistrate has issued a new and more strict gag order in Bryan Kohberger’s case prohibiting attorneys for witnesses, (attorneys for) victims, and (attorneys for) their families from speaking about the case."

MOO.
That is how I am reading it as well.

The parties in this case are State of IDAHO and BCK.

Order does not prohibit victims' family members or witnesses from speaking. They are NOT parties to the case.

Attys are officers of the court.
Judges have wide discretion in issuing orders re atty's rep'ing witnesses and fam. imo
This makes PERFECT sense. Thank you for this post! Where were you 2 hours ago when the discussion was causing everyone to question which way was up? JK

I'd like to go back to the recently unsealed Search Warrant.....

I found it odd that they worded each item with or instead of using 'and/or, as this would seem to only allow 1 of these to be retrieved no matter how many were found [Ref. Pg 3]. It only stood out to me because I know the importance of how things are worded to eliminate a variety of potential loopholes or actions, such as the word should vs shall in statutes or laws leaves big loopholes if should is used over shall, as one may imply a suggestion and the other is to act upon. First thing that came to mind was if the defense attorney can have some evidence declared inadmissible because they only asked for 1, not all. I know that sounds far fetched but if I was a defense attorney up against a case like this, that's something I would want to do (if possible). In today's day and age, wording is everything. MOO

I also found it odd that the warrant showed that the wounds on KG, MM, & XK were said to be from apparent stab wounds but EC's were later determined to be caused by sharp-force injuries [Ref. Pg 2 of Exhibit A]. What does that even mean?? And why weren't his injuries 'apparent' like the others??

Another thing that has never sat well with me was BK being pulled over on August 21st at Farm Road & Pullman Hwy at 11:37 p.m when his phone pinged near the residence from 10:34 to 11:35 p.m. [Ref. Pg 17, Exhibit A]. Its approx 1.3 miles but about a 6 or 7 minute drive from the King Rd address with lots of turns. At first I just thought this was a simple matter of cell towers overlapping but, IDK, something doesn't seem right about it. MOO. Is it just me??

None of these things are keeping me awake at night or anything. They're just things I observed and figured I'd bring up to hear others input.

Ebm
BBM I think it means EC were more like deep cuts/slashes where as the girls were stabs. Stabs are usually deeper than it's length on the skin. JMO
Sharp Force Injury (From Medicolegal Investigation of Death, P 159-201, 1980, by Werner U Spitz and Russell S Fisher - See NCJ-69730) | Office of Justice Programs.

BBM I think it means EC were more like deep cuts/slashes where as the girls were stabs. Stabs are usually deeper than it's length on the skin. JMO
Sharp Force Injury (From Medicolegal Investigation of Death, P 159-201, 1980, by Werner U Spitz and Russell S Fisher - See NCJ-69730) | Office of Justice Programs.
Ït will be a real pity if that Malbutt woman coroner did the autopsys of the four victims because she had never before done one. Idaho murders: Former medical examiner disputes coroner's toxicology claims

Moscow and Pullman as well as the hwy in between, have plentiful access to the Snake River. that's where I think the knife is.

Ït will be a real pity if that Malbutt woman coroner did the autopsys of the four victims because she had never before done one. Idaho murders: Former medical examiner disputes coroner's toxicology claims

Moscow and Pullman as well as the hwy in between, have plentiful access to the Snake River. that's where I think the knife is.
The Latah County Coroner did not perform the autopsies. The Spokane County Medical Examiner did.

SPOKANE, Wash. — The Spokane County Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies on the four University of Idaho students who were killed inside a house near campus.

At this time, the Latah County Coroner has confirmed that all four students were murdered by stabbing.

Spokane County added that evidence collected during the autopsies has been transferred to the Moscow Police Department.
With the autopsies complete, the bodies of the four victims have been released to their families.

“On behalf of the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office, I would like to extend condolences to the loved ones of these young people and to everyone impacted by this terrible event,” Spokane County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Veena Singh said in a written statement.

[…]

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for speculation outside the known facts of the case>
Note: As you scroll down, there's the best yet, imo, photo of the back of the victim's house showing a slider, easy access and thick shrubbery, trees, etc. <modsnip: quoted post removed>

Read this about 12 times like I did. If you can still see straight, see if you still think that.

The attorneys for any interested party in this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim's family, as well as the parties to the above entitled action

In other words, the attorneys representing these parties: witnesses, victims, victim's family, as well as the parties.

Sure sounds to me like the judge is extending the gag order to the victim's families. And the MG employees, if they witnessed something, seemingly would be, well, witnesses. That's how I'm reading it.

And I don't like it one little bit...

Family members are not, in my experience, considered "parties to the action". As you know, that's why a case is titled "State of Idaho v. _______". Not "The Families of the Deceased v. ...".

I'm honestly not sure what the judge means by "parties to the action", unless s/he is including all the employees of the various attorneys. I did office/computer work for law firms for a long time and I understood that I was bound by whatever rules or orders applied to the lawyers I supported.

The Latah County Coroner did not perform the autopsies. The Spokane County Medical Examiner did.

SPOKANE, Wash. — The Spokane County Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies on the four University of Idaho students who were killed inside a house near campus.

At this time, the Latah County Coroner has confirmed that all four students were murdered by stabbing.

Spokane County added that evidence collected during the autopsies has been transferred to the Moscow Police Department.
With the autopsies complete, the bodies of the four victims have been released to their families.

“On behalf of the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office, I would like to extend condolences to the loved ones of these young people and to everyone impacted by this terrible event,” Spokane County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Veena Singh said in a written statement.

[…]
I stand corrected, Thank you

Oh I absolutely see, and understand. That is what I was explaining from a previous comment. But what that turned into was why they needed Dad's DNA when BK was there, at the same house (or so says the person I was replying to)? Why not just get his. At some point I questioned, was he even there at the time they obtained Dad's DNA? I honestly can't remember so I chose to let it go and focus elsewhere......(and trying to get caught up on threads had a LOT to do with that decision).
IMO they got a few swabs and the DNA that came up was from the dad, even though BK's DNA was probably in the mix as well.

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings​

<snipped>
In the weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students last November, the man now accused of killing them allegedly ate at the restaurant where two of the victims worked.

According to a former employee at the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow, Idaho, Bryan Kohberger came in at least twice to grab vegan pizza. Two of the victims — Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle — were servers at the restaurant.

It's unclear if either woman ever waited on Kohberger, or if they even interacted, but PEOPLE confirms that a now-deleted account that appeared to belong to Kohberger once followed both Mogen and Kernodle on Instagram along with the third female murder victim, Kaylee Goncalves.

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings
MOO I’m not sure why but I’ve always believed Maddie was his specific target. This article makes me think so even more.

Another poster mentioned in thread 66 or 67 that BK had messaged Kaylee through IIRC Instagram, I saw in an article that he had messaged one of the girls but that no name had ever been mentioned, is anyone able to point me to the article that states it was Kaylee that was actually the one who was messaged? The reason I’m asking is because I believe he messaged Maddie. IMO

MOO I’m not sure why but I’ve always believed Maddie was his specific target. This article makes me think so even more.

Another poster mentioned in thread 66 or 67 that BK had messaged Kaylee through IIRC Instagram, I saw in an article that he had messaged one of the girls but that no name had ever been mentioned, is anyone able to point me to the article that states it was Kaylee that was actually the one who was messaged? The reason I’m asking is because I believe he messaged Maddie. IMO
I agree with you it was MM, have not seen a definitive source it was Kaylee. The ONLY reason I think it was Maddie was she just has way more of a digital footprint than Kaylee and Kaylee was leaving. IMO! But either way doesn't matter since the outcome is the same.

OK but in this case BK was stalking them. IMO
Oh I know and agree, but my point was that it does happen where the defendant can plead something that's BS and lie to create reasonable doubt and punch holes in the prosecution any which way they can.

The case I mentioned as example was insane that the killer pleaded self defense... How can it be self defense with stabbing 37 times, breaking knives, running back and forth to get more knives? That was overkill not self defense, but alas... the killer pleaded it. Mind boggling.

I'd like to go back to the recently unsealed Search Warrant.....

I found it odd that they worded each item with or instead of using 'and/or, as this would seem to only allow 1 of these to be retrieved no matter how many were found [Ref. Pg 3]. It only stood out to me because I know the importance of how things are worded to eliminate a variety of potential loopholes or actions, such as the word should vs shall in statutes or laws leaves big loopholes if should is used over shall, as one may imply a suggestion and the other is to act upon. First thing that came to mind was if the defense attorney can have some evidence declared inadmissible because they only asked for 1, not all. I know that sounds far fetched but if I was a defense attorney up against a case like this, that's something I would want to do (if possible). In today's day and age, wording is everything. MOO

I also found it odd that the warrant showed that the wounds on KG, MM, & XK were said to be from apparent stab wounds but EC's were later determined to be caused by sharp-force injuries [Ref. Pg 2 of Exhibit A]. What does that even mean?? And why weren't his injuries 'apparent' like the others??

Another thing that has never sat well with me was BK being pulled over on August 21st at Farm Road & Pullman Hwy at 11:37 p.m when his phone pinged near the residence from 10:34 to 11:35 p.m. [Ref. Pg 17, Exhibit A]. Its approx 1.3 miles but about a 6 or 7 minute drive from the King Rd address with lots of turns. At first I just thought this was a simple matter of cell towers overlapping but, IDK, something doesn't seem right about it. MOO. Is it just me??

None of these things are keeping me awake at night or anything. They're just things I observed and figured I'd bring up to hear others input.

Ebm
I learned a lot from reading this and I think you pointed out some important things.

MOO Just a couple of things I’ve been thinking about….
Murphy - It might be a long shot, but here’s hoping that the one animal hair is a match (Ha ha, I got grief for wanting to know all details re Murphy as I thought it could be important - fingers crossed here!)
Single black glove - <modsnip - no link> - one also mentioned as collected in the search warrant.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members