ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see pics of the house, on Zillow. 1122 King, Moscow, Idaho.

No carpet to soak the blood up. Imo, it ran off the floor and down the outside wall. Also imo, that is blood, I have seen enough of it in my life, that came from inside the house not outside.

@0:40
"My sister did everything right, they went out in the buddy system, they went out together, they ubered out, they stopped and got food, they ubered home, let dog out to go potty, and then they lock their house up, they did everything right, and this still happened".

she says that they "locked up the house," so does that mean that there was a B&E?

FWIW, I could see people in the house going to the aid of the first person attacked and then getting attacked themselves, IMO and the element of surprize and having a weapon would help the attacker but the attacker must have been a mess at the end of this, IMO. Wonder where that person went next.

<modsnip - implications towards bystanders in this video>

<modsnip - off topic>

As someone in real estate I thought the same thing but I just looked it up and in Idaho a service animal does not need to be registered or trained and all that a person needs to do to qualify for coverage as handicapped under anti-discrimination law is a letter from a professional who can be someone with no medical education like a social worker, and conditions such as "depression" can qualify. Furthermore, I'm sure there are registered psychologists online "diagnosing" people for a fee which is also legal. Society is certainly changing...

Respectfully- 'service animals' are allowed - 'emotional support animals' are NOT service animals and are not legally protected in the same manner.
I know it might vary by state, but here in Indiana I have a friend whose husband is a disabled veteran. He has two cats that are considered emotional support animals, and they are allowed to live in a “no pets” apartment. With a letter from the VA they don’t even pay a deposit for the pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that this wasn’t a quiet crime, in the sense that all victims were in bed and killed in their sleep. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or more was awake when this started and it was a much more violent scene than we can imagine. Just IMO.

Hi all. Can anyone locally elaborate on the area around the food truck. If the timeline is accurate 12:26 am what else would be open in that immediate area at that time. Also what information is available regarding last communication. Judging by the pics of the residence these kids had cars. Doesn't make any sense that the girls would walk all that distance in the cold @ that hour. Cause of death determined to be 2 to 3 am . This thing is tightening up pretty close. Do we have an Uber driver yet? What time did he drop them off? Probably the next step. Does the sister know that they in fact made it hm. Only one more thing. Clarification on 911 call of person found unconscious. Certainly possible a friend just peeked thru the window. But LE said " Blood Everywhere"

The investigation <snipped>​

Officers responded to a call about an unconscious person shortly before noon Sunday and discovered the four bodies, Moscow police said in a news release.

“All I can say is the deaths are ruled a homicide at this point, and homicide and murder are synonymous,” Moscow police Capt. Anthony Dahlinger told the Idaho Statesman. “We certainly have a crime here, so we are looking for a suspect.”

Dahlinger declined to characterize the deaths as violent, and Bt, the Latah County coroner, told The New York Times the deaths were not a murder-suicide.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 208-882-COPS.

Police suspect 'edged weapon' was used in killings of 4 University of Idaho students. Here's what we know | CNN

So I've been the same as most Sleuths about this whole "blood soaking through an exterior wall" thing but then I went and looked at the actual photos and the blood isn't on an exterior wall, it's on the foundation. Blood absolutely could run across the floor, drip under an interior wall, pool on the sill and then drip down the outside of the foundation. Many houses are actually intentionally built that way so a big water leak inside won't just fill up the basement/crawlspace and possibly "float" the house, possibly totaling it. I drew a little illustration on top of a diagram of a foundation and exterior wall to show how it could happen.

Attachments

• Smaugchad_20221116_102339.jpg
    Smaugchad_20221116_102339.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 114
MOD NOTE:

I know everybody here is anxious for an arrest in this case. While we have the video to discuss, it is NOT appropriate to cast aspersions on any of the bystanders in this video. LE has NOT indicated there is a POI or suspect, and until they have, implying that someone in this video is responsible for these murders is setting them up for harassment or worse. Please post responsibly.

Knitty

trying to catch up , but want to get my thoughts out. Wondering how much time the killer spent in the house, enough time to attempt dismemberment? would a power tool be considered an edged weapon, recently here, someone took a chainsaw and pawned it and it was found to have tissue on it, so I am wondering if it could have been a chainsaw? and that blood photo, I feel terrible for the family that something like that is out there right now, though I believe it possible I am not certain it is blood, saying that, it is what it looks like but my mind can't wrap around that right now.

MOD NOTE:

I know everybody here is anxious for an arrest in this case. While we have the video to discuss, it is NOT appropriate to cast aspersions on any of the bystanders in this video. LE has NOT indicated there is a POI or suspect, and until they have, implying that someone in this video is responsible for these murders is setting them up for harassment or worse. Please post responsibly.

Knitty
Thank you for this, I was feeling uncomfortable about some of the comments made about the man in the video but thought it was just me.

Every time I hear the LE descriptions of the crime scene it really gives me Manson family vibes.

Something occurred to me- do we know that the bladed weapon was a knife? Are we for sure that it wasn't a sword (an inordinate number of people seemed to have these when I was in college, usually for display) or some other type of bladed weapon? If LE knows what it is, that may help them narrow the suspect(s) down to an owner(s) of such weapons.
good line of thought, have had a few sword attacks in my state recently.

I’m just starting to watch this extended interview with Kaylee Convalves family. Already hearing there was a keypad at front door.
TRAGEDY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO: The family of Kaylee Goncalves, one of four victims in the homicide near the University of Idaho, is speaking out amid an ongoing investigation. OPEN for the extended interview.

edited to add non Facebook link.

@0:40
"My sister did everything right, they went out in the buddy system, they went out together, they ubered out, they stopped and got food, they ubered home, let dog out to go potty, and then they lock their house up, they did everything right, and this still happened".

am also wondering if the intruder was a stranger, would the dog not have been alarmed? (do not want to hear that it was taken out too) :(

she says that they "locked up the house," so does that mean that there was a B&E?

FWIW, I could see people in the house going to the aid of the first person attacked and then getting attacked themselves, IMO and the element of surprize and having a weapon would help the attacker but the attacker must have been a mess at the end of this, IMO. Wonder where that person went next.

Sliding glass doors are notoriously easy to break in to. You can either lift the sliding door right out of the track or manipulate the latch. Anyone who has a sliding door should have a wooden blocking bar in the track to stop someone entering who has unlatched the door or a cross pin drilled into the frame to stop someone lifting it out of the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties