ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came here after following in MSM for a bit and being more confused than enlightened? I agree with a lot of the posts above that I do not understand how you can 1) not have a suspect but 2) see no danger to the community.

If you don't know who or why someone murdered 4 people, how can you be sure they won't do it again? Even if LE thinks this was somewhat "personal" I don't think you can assume someone who just MURDERED FOUR PEOPLE will be acting rational?

Very bizarre, and I hope for the community's sake they release some more information.

That is a 6 bedroom home. I see the deceased as occupying 3 (or 4) of the 6 bedroom: One (or two) for the couple, one each for the other two girls. So one could slip in and quickly murder one without awakening the others. Until, of course, they got to the couple. This makes me think one of the two girls we saw at the food truck might have been the target.

So that leaves 2 or 3 unoccupied bedrooms.

Was there another roommate who moved out? They might have the code to the keypad and been able to access the house without breaking in. And they would know the layout and who occupied which bedrooms.
I've read reports that there were 2 other roommates (female) that lived in the house, but were not there that weekend.

Also of note, LE noted that the male victim (EC) was discovered on the floor...wondering if he was awaken by the attacks (presuming he was asleep in bed) and got up to see what was going on and was confronted by the suspect.

I've read reports that there were 2 other roommates (female) that lived in the house, but were not there that weekend.

Also of note, LE noted that the male victim (EC) was discovered on the floor...wondering if he was awaken by the attacks (presuming he was asleep in bed) and got up to see what was going on and was confronted by the suspect.
BBM - I haven't seen that mentioned, can you share that link? Thanks

As someone in real estate I thought the same thing but I just looked it up Society is certainly changing...
Though I am not in real estate, I also thought the same, or at least "Not in Texas" (state is very property rights centric).

But.... as you noted, the allowance is Federal and the only exception seems to for small scale property owners (less than four single occupancy rental units) and who deal with renters one on one with out an intermediary.

Last edited:
Would this still apply if the murderer killed himself at another site after the murders at the victims' residence? Hypothetical question.
It seemed possible when the crime was first announced that the killer of the four might have committed suicide someplace away from the crime scene.

But now that three days have gone by since the crime, it seems likely that the police would have figured out a connection between a local suicide and the crime. I think the killer is still out there alive, but is he still in Moscow or someplace far away?

Three days after the crime we still only know what we knew one day after the crime, i.e., 1) four dead U of Idaho students in a house; 2) killed with "a bladed edge" weapon such as a knife 3) police believe it was "targeted" (but we don't know exactly what the police meant by "targeted").

The only other significant information that we have is that two more days have gone by without police making an arrest or naming a suspect or "person of interest."

Those two days going by with no new information makes me consider other scenarios for the crime. Initially, the facts of the case made me think that the killer was someone who was known to one or more of the victims. Now I am starting to wonder whether this could be a serial killing, and if it is, it becomes a much harder case to solve--it is usually harder to solve a murder where the killer is not known to the victim(s).

It's still very possible that the police have a good idea of a suspect or at least a person of interest. But if they do, it's hard to keep that a secret indefinitely. At some point they have to do or say something to reassure the public and the families of the victims. The more time that goes by with no new information, the more I think it might be true that the killer was not someone known to the victims.

Sleuthed registered sex offenders and it is eye opening in terms of proximate location to 1122 King Road, if my son/daughter were enrolled in this university, small town and community, others mentioned it, they would be at my home. IMO.. University of Idaho should be on a similar protocol that UVA instituted after the recent shooting. Prayers to the families and friends and hope that justice is served. AMOO

Heartbreaking.

''Killer who fatally stabbed 4 University of Idaho students still at large; victim had posted she was "one lucky girl" hours before death​

''NOVEMBER 16, 2022 '' rbbm
The Moscow Police Department has not said whether investigators have identified any suspects, but maintained in a statement that the killings came in "an isolated, targeted attack and there is no imminent threat to the community at large." Police also said evidence from the scene indicates there is no broader risk, but provided no information about that evidence.''

''Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson said he understands that the police claims that the public isn't at imminent risk seems contradictory to the facts that have been released so far about the killings.''

"They're in the process of identifying the other people who were there," at the food truck, Thompson said, "and what sort of contact did they have."

Last edited:
LE has stated it was a sharp edged object, not a gun.

<snipped>
The victims died of stab wounds from an “edged weapon such as a knife” that has not yet been recovered, police said on Tuesday.

Their deaths have been ruled as homicides, but no arrests have been made and no suspect or suspects named.
The assaulter might have used a gun first. The autopsy has not yet determined the cause of death. Although it is unlikely a gun was used first, it would show up probably in an autopsy. Should check to see if anyone was booted out of the two mentioned sororities. All scenarios should be examined.

I believe they had taken an uber to and from the food truck, according to one of the sisters. My guess is that their driver may have been protective towards two girls on their own.

LE has stated it was a sharp edged object, not a gun.

<snipped>
The victims died of stab wounds from an “edged weapon such as a knife” that has not yet been recovered, police said on Tuesday.

Their deaths have been ruled as homicides, but no arrests have been made and no suspect or suspects named.
If you remember this case, it was not possible for the killwr to clean out his car

Murder of Samantha Josephson - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Murder_of_Samantha...

The murder of Samantha Josephson, a student at University of South Carolina, in Columbia, South Carolina, occurred on March 29, 2019.
Victim · ‎Murder · ‎Investigation and criminal... · ‎Legacy

I am thinking the person who did this was bloody, IMO.

I just thought it was odd that they reported where he was found and not anyone else- as if the location of the others was obvious? IMO Maybe because he was not an official resident?
Thank you

RS&BBM Suppressors (the correct name for a supposed silencer;)) do not function like you see in movies. Even with a suppressor on a firearm, they are surprisingly loud. I've fired quite a few firearms with a suppressor and was shocked by how loud they still were (still had to wear hearing protection). Prior to that first experience, I believed the movie hoopla that the suppressor made the gun almost completely silent.
How much noise would there be if the gun was fired, covered up with a pillow/

" Police also said evidence from the scene indicates there is no broader risk, but provided no information about that evidence.'

I can't figure out what this could mean. It sounds like police have a pretty good idea what happened. But that would seem to conflict with the statements that they don't have a person of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr