ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree the two surviving roommates occupied the "very top level" bedrooms for the following reasons:

After I posted crime scene photos dated 11/14/22 (linked below), another poster noted similarities in the very top level bedroom photo to Kaylee's TikTok videos including the deck and "Good Vibes" sign which reasonably suggests the top level bedroom was occupied by Kaylee Goncalves.

This picture from your link shows looking into the kitchen on 2nd floor, and one of the victims bedroom on the 3rd:
idaho-university-4-dead-house-8.jpg

There's another view from the road behind (Queen wraps around the house) that offers a view into the other bedroom. Someone could easily observe both bedrooms from the relatively secluded parking lot above/behind their house. There is also a very large apartment complex on the other side (east)of Queen from the house.

500 Queen Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 (Google aerial and street view available)

One could easily see residents of any of those apartments being aware of a "party house" with many attractive sorority girls. One could also likely look into their bedrooms from the parking lot above/behind the victim's house. Entry would be steps away to the sliding glass door.

Story time: some years ago, I lived in a house where neighbors had a teen daughter. One night I went to take my trash out and discovered a similar age male (16?) standing up in one of my trees trying to see in her bedroom. I told him to leave in no uncertain terms and would call the cops if I caught him in my yard again. (I never did thereafter.

Bottom line is some guys do that sort of thing. It was even part of an old music video (Jenny 867-5309) where Tommy Tutone gets hauled off for peeping. That was back in the 80's.

Anyway, where I'm going is one or both of the girls on the 3rd floor may have had a peeper/stalker, maybe the guy ran into them in a bar and got ignored. Maybe he waited for them to return. Since the big apartment complexes and other rentals are all around, easy to make his getaway. This would presume he lived alone or roommates had already left for the holidays.

All Moo. Sorry for the long ramble, just another possibility.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the weapon believed to be a specific type of knife.
I'm curious from fellow sleuthers, do you think the suspect/s bought the knife specifically for this attack? or previously owned or had access to it?
Does owning this type of knife and/or purchasing it reflect something about the inidivdual/s? Not trying to stereotype here, just trying to "profile" or get a better sense of the suspect/s.
I would assume (imo) that the suspect was more comfortable with a knife, but also would not generate the noise / disturbance that a gun or other weapon might create.
I really think it comes down to if this was in fact targeted or not. I think if it was targeted, then the knife is more likely to have been a recent purchase.

On the other hand, if this was a more random thing, I think it's more likely this person had owned that knife for a while, and had fantasied about using it.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the weapon believed to be a specific type of knife.
I'm curious from fellow sleuthers, do you think the suspect/s bought the knife specifically for this attack? or previously owned or had access to it? Does previously owning this type of knife and/or purchasing this knife reflect something about the inidivdual/s? Not trying to stereotype here, just trying to "profile" or get a better sense of the suspect/s. I would assume (imo) that the suspect was more comfortable with a knife, but also would not generate the noise / disturbance that a gun or other weapon might create.
I think that’s an interesting question. I’m clueless. But my thoughts are.

-may have already owned knife
-had access to knife
-trained with knife in past
-fascinated with the brutality of that type of killing
-could purchase without background check
-intent … did perp intend to somehow maim or disfigure with knife?
-sound of gun
-copycat or acting out for some reason
-researched enough to know it would be possible to kill all 4 if asleep, but a gun would awake?

Just my thoughts……This was someone they went to school with. I imagine one of the victims has more wounds then the others (Possibly why the police think it’s Targeted) this person may have have grownup with a family of hunters and felt very comfortable using a knife.

I really think it comes down to if this was in fact targeted or not. I think if it was targeted, then the knife is more likely to have been a recent purchase.

On the other hand, if this was a more random thing, I think it's more likely this person had owned that knife for a while, and had fantasied about using it.
Keep in mind this is Idaho and this style of knife is often used for camping and hunting, so I am not sure that it would be that uncommon to find this type of knife, or raise suspicion to purchase one.

I want to add that it makes no sense that she’d bring the dog back for her visit. She knew she’d be out partying. Plus, would she really want to take a dog in her new car?
Unless her friends missed the dog and told
Them to bring him so they could see him one last time before she moved

I'm curious from fellow sleuthers, do you think the suspect/s bought the knife specifically for this attack? or previously owned or had access to it?
Does owning this type of knife and/or purchasing it reflect something about the inidivdual/s? Not trying to stereotype here, just trying to "profile" or get a better sense of the suspect/s.
I would assume (imo) that the suspect was more comfortable with a knife, but also would not generate the noise / disturbance that a gun or other weapon might create.
JMO.
Interesting questions. My two cents (edited as noted with full quote above):

[D]o you think the suspect/s bought the knife specifically for this attack? or previously owned or had access to it?

Previously owned and has experience using knives as tools. Takes good care of his tools.

Does owning this type of knife and/or purchasing it reflect something about the inidivdual/s? <snip> I would assume (imo) that the suspect was more comfortable with a knife, but also would not generate the noise / disturbance that a gun or other weapon might create.

IMO he chose a knife for this (he planned to kill) for reasons other than noise detection. He probably brought backup or more than one blade. He enjoyed slashing and stabbing the victims and delighted in creating a violent and bloody scene. This was another way to violate and degrade the victims.

JMO.

I asked my hunting friend if that’s the kind of knife he would use to dress a deer. From the pictures we weren’t positive of size and he said that’s the kind of knife he would use to kill a deer. Meaning it’s been incapacitated but not dead. He said if it’s on the smaller size though he might use something that size to field dress, if it’s in the 6-8” range. I’m a 48 year old woman and carry a 7” KA-bar when I go hiking or around the barn. I want something I can pull quick to cut rope or twine, strong enough to cut leather, if there is an emergency. I liked the weight and balance of the KA-bar vs the other knives I tried. For what it’s worth.

Nope . The two girls who were spared were on 1st floor/ basement area . Then Ethan and gf were on second floor and the other two girls killed were on top floor .
Does someone have a citation/quote where it was stated that Ethan and his girlfriend were on the 2nd floor (main/living area) and not in one of the bedrooms?

Kaylee was in a middle of a move and just came back to show her new car to her friends. If it was a targeted/crime of passion attack then Kaylee could have been the target, JMO. She had a new job in a new state and her life was looking towards the future. That could have gotten someone mad that she didn't want the sp (he or a she) in her life

Saw this on twitter. Wonder how it comes across to you guys? (Don’t literally answer me because we are LE friendly and positive here.) But I’m saddened and disappointed in the post.

The City of Moscow Police Department would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to the Idaho State Police for their help by providing extra police presence this morning around our schools and the University of Idaho campus!

1668721087896.jpeg

<snipped>

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Autopsies have been completed on four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death inside a rental house near campus, and the results have been forwarded to law enforcement, the Spokane County Medical Examiner said Thursday.

The bodies were then released to the victims’ families, and the results of the examinations were likely to be released later in the day.

Mystery surrounds stabbing deaths of 4 Idaho students - WTOP News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member