ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why were the two survivors spared? Any theories?
THEORY ONLY:
One of them heard something, got up to check, realized someone was in the home ran back to the room locked the door and then possibly went into a type disbelief/ shock remained in room for hours afraid to come out to check if intruder was gone.

No one needs to argue or pick apart. We all have opinions and ideas. This is just one of many theories.

IMO, OCD is manifested by repetitive behavior and hoarding/collecting .Always washing your hands. Turning the light switch on and off a million times. Obsessive thoughts bring on obsessive behaviors. Stabbing someone over and over would be pertinent here.

There's specific criteria for OCD and repeatedly stabbing someone isn't part of it. Could a cold-blooded killer also have OCD? Sure, why not? But there's zero evidence this guy has OCD. Even the comments by family do not point to clinical OCD.

We know very little about this guy right now. It's a bit presumptive to speculate on MH or substance use as a contributory factor. His odd behavior according to some students could be a touch of ASD for all we know. Was he hyper or doing things to appear intoxicated? Seems people want to maker him more abnormal just because he's a killer. It really should be mentioned that all of us are different in how we view the world and what drives us to do right or wrong. You don't have to be mentally ill or drugged up to be evil.

SWAT teams descended on sleepy Poconos mountain town to catch Libertarian Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger who was 'obsessively vegan' as a teen and 'looked drugged at school'

• Bryan Kohberger is in custody on charges of homicide for the Idaho killings
  • Relatives say he was 'OCD' about veganism and forced family to buy new pots
  • He is registered as a Libertarian in voter records and has never been arrested
  • Some who attended school with him say he 'looked drugged'
also Idaho murders arrest-- the latest:
  • Cops still searching for weapon as suspect charged with four counts of murder
  • Suspect studied criminals' decision-making, posted research project to Reddit
  • Parents of victim Kaylee Goncalves 'feel incredible relief' over arrest of suspect
  • Suspect's office on the University of Washington campus raided by police
  • Court orders Idaho police to STOP clean-up at house where murders took place

RBBM in Red.

The term "forced" makes me wonder if he'd been bullying, and committing violence, against his family for some time.

Just a few thoughts.

JMVHO.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we start to deceive"
The human mind is a marvelous creation but unfortunately it sometimes goes completely off track.
The fallout from this tragedy in Moscow is just beginning.
BK's mother wrote letters to a newspaper regarding the shooting at the Uvalde school, condemning gun violence, abortion and other things and now her son is accused of horrible murders not using guns but a knife! What a twisted world.

mother of Idaho suspect Bryan Kohberger slammed school shooting in letter to Pocono Record - FOX3 Now

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super overwhelmed by all the articles being released, especially as actual information is getting harder to find now that there's a suspect. I want to go back to the beginning though, as there's so many opinions bouncing around in my head and just want to ground myself. I need to know if it was ever confirmed that KG had a stalker - or if that was just fabricated.
"Moscow Police Captain Roger Lanier told reporters on November 23 that "we obtained information through some of our interviews that Kaylee had made some comments about a stalker."

On December 5, Moscow police said there had been an "incident" involving Kaylee and two males, but they do not have any evidence connecting these males with the murders."

Kaylee Goncalves warned about stalker three weeks before her murder

Unconfirmed.

She had mentioned it to some people but whether it was an off-hand remark or a serious enough concern that she thought of reporting someone is unknown. I haven't seen anything in these threads to suggest she ID'd this person to anyone. I also haven't seen documentation here by anyone she shared more concrete evidence with than just a feeling.

Perhaps others here can clarify what has been discussed here regarding the stalker.

Maybe she did have a stalker. I get the feeling KG was sharp & intuitive. If she thought there was someone following her virtually or in real life, there probably was. Might not be connected to these terrible crimes but who knows?

JMO
Before even really following this case the first thing her dad had said was she was dealing with a stalker - that was heard everywhere and she was intuitive taking pictures etc. So intuitive in fact, that LE knew to check some 2 random guys that checked her out. They were eventually cleared in the actual Moscow LE reports. But maybe they just didn’t yet have the correct stalker at that point in time.

IMO, ASPD doesn't even belong in the DSM and mental health needs to detach itself from criminality. JMO.
That shouldn't happen for many reasons. The forensic community are in fact psychiatrists and psychologists. Criminality itself is based in mental processing and a myriad of psychoneurological determinants. APSD is part of the cluster B category and does an very good job of describing antisocial behavior that begins with ODD, conduct disorder and other pediatric diagnoses.

Maybe four was a satisfying number.

Maybe he was all tired out, after four.

Maybe he didn’t know the house well, and didn’t realize that the bottom floor had bedrooms that were occupied.

Maybe he got scared—thought the police were coming.

Maybe he didn’t want to bash through locked doors—what if he found someone stronger than he was, and wide awake.

Maybe he got a thrill out of deciding who should live and who should die.

That last one feels like a stretch, but the rest all feel plausible, to me.
IMO, I think that he didn’t want to push his luck and that he was FOCUSED on the four ppl upstairs.

An interesting read:

“However, although the main risk factors for violence still remain being young, male, single, or of lower socio-economic status, several more recent studies have reported a modest association between mental illness and violence, even when these elements have been controlled (1-2,7,13-16).”

LE must have really worked it & left no stone unturned on that list of 22,000 White Elantras to find BK drove one, when according to this article, he doesn't even have a car registered in his name:

"Moscow Police and prosecutors won't reveal what tip led them to Bryan Christopher Kohberger as the prime suspect in the murders of four Idaho University students six weeks ago, but the mysterious white Elantra seen near the crime scene may have been critical.

Friday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry confirmed a white Hyundai Elantra was seized in Pennsylvania, where the FBI and state police SWAT teams arrested Kohberger early Friday morning.

Retired Special Agent John MacVeigh told investigative reporter Terri Parker that Kohberger does not have a vehicle registered in his name and no criminal history, meaning while police were running DNA and fingerprint checks from the crime scene on the national database, Kohberger would not have shown up as a match."

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger has no criminal history, no car registered in own name
I suspected that the car was registered to someone else. Wonder if he drove it home and wanted a different car? Maybe saying he needed a different vehicle because...whatever lie

We all have those cases here on WS that we hold near and dear to our hearts. I had Lucas, Abby and Libby, and now this one. First off, sorry to all the people I have wrongly accused. I can’t imagine knowing someone that was murdered, let alone being best friends, in a relationship for years off and on, or just walking them home from a
Club to be a good friend. All of those people in the spotlight now can finally step back and not feel so attacked, ridiculed and judge. They can now deal and grieve the way we should all be able to in this situation.

To the families: I’m sorry some selfish lunatic took your brother or sisters, your daughters or son, your niece or nephew, your granddaughter or grandson. I’m sorry every day you will wake up missing that piece of you. You will wonder day in and day out, why your family member. You will think about their future, what could have been. You will wonder if they felt pain and if they were scared. You will hope and pray they are looking down on you and know how love and missed they were and are! God bless you all.

To the suspect: you are an awful person. A coward. You are weak, you will always be weak. You are a million other words … god bless your family. Now they are ruined too.

I was hopelessly behind & jumped ahead, but huge relief here in Moscow!

Sorry if I missed it, but has there been any speculation about what might have attracted BCK all the way across country from PA to WSU in Pullman, WA?

I’d bet my mortgage he was fantasizing about committing this kind of horrific crime long before he landed here.

MOO

That shouldn't happen for many reasons. The forensic community are in fact psychiatrists and psychologists. Criminality itself is based in mental processing and a myriad of psychoneurological determinants. APSD is part of the cluster B category and does an very good job of describing antisocial behavior that begins with ODD, conduct disorder and other pediatric diagnoses.

I'm well aware. I do not believe psychopathy (or any reference diagnosis thereof) should be included in the DSM. Criminality can be criminality without being a mental health condition and that is what I consider ASPD to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member