ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you make of Thompson’s latest quote:
“This is not the end of this investigation. In fact, this is a new beginning,” Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson

Now that they have BK in custody, they have to fully build the case against him so that they get a conviction.

B.K. Norton, who was in the same graduate program as Mr. Kohberger, said that he continued attending classes after the killings had occurred and seemed more animated at that time than he had been earlier in the semester.

“He seemed more upbeat and willing to carry a conversation,” Ms. Norton said in an email. She said Mr. Kohberger was interested in forensic psychology.

Ms. Norton said Mr. Kohberger’s quiet, intense demeanor had made people uncomfortable, as had comments he made against L.G.B.T.Q. people.

“He sort of creeped people out because he stared and didn’t talk much, but when he did it was very intelligent and he needed everyone to know he was smart,” Ms. Norton said.

From 2:26 to 2:52 a.m., seven unanswered phone calls were made from Ms. Goncalves’s phone to a former boyfriend. Several calls were also placed to the same man from Ms. Mogen’s phone, the police said. The former boyfriend had not answered the phone because he was sleeping at the time, Ms. Goncalves’s older sister later said.

When the two surviving roommates woke up, they called friends to the house because they believed that one of the women who lived upstairs “had passed out.” When the friends got there, someone in the group called 911 just before noon, and the police arrived to find the victims and what the coroner later described as a bloody scene.

I took it as - 101 how to deflect attention away from yourself.
He had over a month to think about being questioned. I imagine especially since his (alleged) white car was nationally televised in the area & time frame of the murders.
I think the Moscow LE said they had 22,000
White Hyundai to look at…I thought that a interesting thing to insert. Hindsight that might of been a message to the perp…we are coming for YOU.

MOO
It’s crazy how they narrowed in on this car. This is a very common car. Yesterday when I drove 5 mi to/from shopping I counted more than a dozen (but mostly black).

They also stated the actual house could have been the target.
True, but I don’t believe that they ever actually thought that and think it was only said to walk back statements. There is an interview SG did with CNN where he states LE told him specifically that one individual was attacked.

And then there were the comments from yesterday where ABC7 News reported that KG’s family said that they “were seeing connections between the two” but weren’t ready to talk about them.

3-they eliminated a bunch of likely suspects or suspiciously acting guys (the hoody guy) in no time and were pretty sure the guy they were looking for is not someone from the inner circle of the girls.

I am going back to what Maddie stepfather said a week ago: the killer made a mistake at the murder scene and because of that mistake he will be found. What he had in mind?
He left DNA.

The house is small and modest. Appears that ye was not from rich family, but he studied in private college. PhD programmes also are not cheap. How did he pay for his studies?
I thought most PhD students receive stipends so they aren’t actually paying for their studies? Or, he’s just a life long student wracking up student debt.

I may have missed this as I have had to skip around all these threads, but house was it verified that the Reddit account with the survey belonged to BK?

3-they eliminated a bunch of likely suspects or suspiciously acting guys (the hoody guy) in no time and were pretty sure the guy they were looking for is not someone from the inner circle of the girls.

I am going back to what Maddie stepfather said a week ago: the killer made a mistake at the murder scene and because of that mistake he will be found. What he had in mind?
Possibly washed up and they found his blood in the sink pipes? Tossed something in an hvac vent?

He drove cross-country in a white Hyundai Elantra and arrived at his parents’ house in Pennsylvania around Christmas, according to a law enforcement source. Authorities were tracking him as he drove and were also surveilling his parents’ house, the source said.

He left DNA.
Yes, indeed. But LE eliminated the 'usual suspects' within 4-5 days after the murder and was adamand they were not involced ever since then.

DNA samples were still tested at that time.

So, it was something else that made LE sure whom they are NOT looking for. Wonder what that may be.

When ya on the horse, you can say mummy, I lost weight cuz Im vegan.
snipped by me

That's what I was thinking, drug use equals weight loss and he probably knew from his studies that lies become more believable if you pad them with stuff like "I demand new pots and pans".

I also do not believe he was invited to parties in the house, because he has not been described as someone who would be invited to wild parties.

I don’t believe it’s been officially verified, but it’s got his name and email and what he was studying listed at the bottom - at the time he was at that school, studying the same subject, and it was posted 7 months ago.

I’m pretty sure it’s legit.

Not out of the question, IMO. I appreciate the insight.
The survey was already closed when I went to look but I work extensively in Qualtrics. When programming surveys, you can set it to collect both IP address and latitude/longitude data for responses. Given that the intro language that is floating around from Reddit states answers are confidential rather than anonymous I wonder if some of this information was collected.

At DeSales, Kohberger was a student of forensic psychology Professor Katherine Ramsland, a renowned expert in serial killers who has authored dozens of books and served as a television crime commentator.

Thompson said investigators believe Kohberger broke into the University of Idaho students' home “with the intent to commit murder.” He is also charged with felony burglary.

11h
The Celebration of Life for Kaylee Goncalves and Maddie Mogen was incredibly uplifting, according to the NewsNation producer there. Family members and friends spoke— and before leaving— friends left notes about their favorite memories. There was no mention of the arrest.
Love this. For this short period of time, they only focused on the girls, their lives, and love.

Oh my!!! Is that really a thing in the USA?

I'm sure a lot of people don't like that. We may as well all submit our fingerprints to the police when we turn 18 and be done with it.

I do see that the US Constitution doesn't have a 'right to privacy' unlike the 'right to free speech' and the 'right to bear arms'.

I'm not criticism, just surprise.

MOO.
I agree with you. Some clubs around here require fingerprints to allow access, or scan your drivers licence/passport. Not a fan of it. Having worked in hospitality I know how useless a lot of the back end security tech is.

It is impressive how many people willingly give up that info though. For the younger generation It's just business as usual. Try asking anyone 30+ for their fingerprints to get entry into a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat