ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was in a car accident. His mugshot looks like he had a broken nose in the past but pics of him from a few years ago don't seem to show it. Maybe it is just the angle/lighting but it looks different to me.
Possibly from the boxing he was interested in? At one point some say he did kick boxing. Either way that’s a punch to the nose on most people

I'm still catching up, so apologies if this has been suggested already, but re the Elantra, I'm wondering if it was maybe that pesky seat belt citation that came back and bit him in the a$$?.
OH, this totally makes sense!! I bet LE did a search of all of their traffic stops etc and found an Elantra? IDK if this is what happened, but it does make sense. We will find out eventually.

You would think if he studied this, he would have left his car back home and just travelled on foot with a backpack to change clothes. The distance from Pullman to is just 8 miles, going back and forth between Pullman and Moscow would have taken him a few hours at best.. Thank God he isn't a very bright individual
Yes, that's a big mistake. For me his biggest mistake was picking a home that obviously had many residents. He would know that it was a student area, and thus likely many people occupying that house. BK could have been killed himself that night by one of the residents. He almost certainly didn't take into account that a male could be there that night. JMO.

Wouldn't LE have access to any other arrests? Seriously, they do have databases...

I thought they were looking for anecdotal information, red flags, spottings, sightings, other crimes not reported etc.
This was kind of interesting to me as well, when it has been *edit* loosely stated by media that he had asked if anyone else was arrested. I'd imagine they ran through just about anything they had access to prior to arresting him, maybe but not limited to warrants where he allegedly lived in Washington etc.

If the FBI has you in their sights, it's never good for the perp.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a big mistake. For me his biggest mistake was picking a home that obviously had many residents. He would know that it was a student area, and this likely many people occupying that house. BK could have been killed himself that night by one of the residents. He almost certainly didn't take into account that a male could be there that night. JMO.
I also wonder, in a college party house like that where people are up at all hours, how he knew he wouldn’t encounter someone awake, going to the kitchen or shower, etc.

Disclaimer: my opinion or speculation.

If this guy was so concerned about meat being prepared in pots & pans how on earth did he eat out? Did the guy ask how good was prepared when he ordered? Even some burger places warm/ toast the bread/bun on the same surface as the meat.

Was just thinking about that and decided to post. Doesn’t require an answer.
Probably good vegan and vegetarian restaurants never use meat products at all so he would have felt safe eating at those places but might also have called ahead.

So why were the two survivors spared? Any theories?
I thought from the get-go it was stated that they locked their bedroom doors? In college I lived in a giant house with 7 girls and I locked my bedroom door every night when I slept and every day when I was gone. My thought is that it was probably inconvenient and risky to try and get into a locked door. Especially with no idea if anyone was even in there or not and knowing that if they are both occupied the sound of breaking down a door would surely alert the occupants of the other room.

I think he thinks he’s the smartest one in the room. I think he believes that his studies have honed in on what he could do to create the perfect crime. I can’t wait for them to run DNA against unsolved murders, which I think now some will get solved.

His path through academia has been a long circuitous one. I wonder about what his family thought and saw. Did they worry about him? Did their own areas of study make them recognize problematic behavior? Did he have any other work history aside from the part time security position many years ago? How did he support himself, or did his family assist? Did he live at home until he went out to Washington, or did he reside in a campus setting?

Did he believe that he would not be caught, or did it not matter to him, as long as he could go down in history? Was he nervous in these past weeks, or reveling in the comparisons to Bundy?

You would think if he studied this, he would have left his car back home and just travelled on foot with a backpack to change clothes. The distance from Pullman to is just 8 miles, going back and forth between Pullman and Moscow would have taken him a few hours at best.. Thank God he isn't a very bright individual
That's the thing though, being booksmart is a world away from being streetsmart. He may have studied this till the cows came home but actually going through with it and then everything else that comes with it is a whole other ball game IMO.

Yes the video from the late night store clerk. I guess it must have been the Elantra, as there was a lot of speculation it was a different model car on the screenshot.

I think LE did a fantastic job. But still very bittersweet.
I'm guessing LE had multiple other videos of the Elantra from other businesses or residences. That girl was just the only one who released it to the media (great idea of her to look through video... perhaps not helpful to the investigation to leak it to the media IMO, which is why I'm less eager to call her a hero when MPD was begging people to stop leaking info) so like the Grub Truck video it became a huge area of focus for internet sleuths. I doubt that was the only Elantra video is all.

I am very curious about his connection to the girls, and Ethan, or the house? There are so many rumors going around. I am now wondering if he followed any of them on social media, their accounts are all down now or private, so can't go looking.

If you know someone with celiac disease then you get his pots and pans idea. When I was in college my apartment manager was severely beaten. I had been running at night thinking I’d be ok. The guys who nearly killed here were breaking into my apartment. I was lucky, she possibly saved my life. I wonder if this guy was stalking them. Watching them before the incident. Maybe watching their habits. The school should put out more tips, and parents should do more due diligence. Don’t sleep in headphones, lock doors including individual rooms. The two survivors are very lucky. I hope we find out why they were not killed and how we as parents can help our kids.

I also wonder, in a college party house like that where people are up at all hours, how he knew he wouldn’t encounter someone awake, going to the kitchen or shower, etc.
Yes, presumably all the lights were off but someone could get up at any time. JMO.

I think they must have tracked him by his DNA that was found at the crime scene. Why decide to test a random who's home state is PA and studies at a university in Washington state, who has no record?
The university in WA is a 10 minute drive in adjoining towns. I'm sure they pulled the WSU campus permit registration list, as well as IU or any other nearby universities, and looked into any white Elantras on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane