ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of trouble with the super-emphasis on this PhD. It is not any huge academic accomplishment, especially since he just started?

What did this guy do after high school graduation?
He obviously had some gap years, not getting the Associates degree until 2018.
Was he working as the part-time school officer before or during the AA degree?

i dunno.... too much is missing here.

Graduate HS: 2013
If he went to community college full time, he should have had an associates in 2015

So, yes there is a gap

I heard him described as bully type in hs. I read a tweet a couple months ago, that there is the male bully type in hs who lost his virginity at age 15 or 16 to some below average looking girl and now thinks he's hot *advertiser censored* lol.
the movie mean girls, called this clique 'sexually active band geeks' . BK might have been that dude lol

Catching up......LE started following him in Washington if I'm correct? I'm curious as to how they knew he was heading to Pennsylvania

It is a DM article. Among other things it states his criminology class would discuss the murders and he wouldn't make a peep.

Keep in mind that once they have his DNA match of a sample from say a discarded soda bottle (example), they still must obtain his DNA directly from him and match it with the sample from the crime scene. (The match they currently have is considered probable cause)

They will need a warrant to obtain his DNA. I do not know if they can do this in PA or if they will need to wait until Idaho.

This description of BK as a subtle, intellectual bully is reminiscent of Big Bang Theory‘s Sheldon Cooper. How and why did he progress to act out a modern-day Helter Skelter-ish mass murder? Scary stuff.
It sounds narcissistic like behavior. No empathy. Controlling, by defining the relationship in terms of power. He was afraid to be overpowered and worked toward preventing it by defining the relationship and resolving his perception of what made himself appear weak and in control. So, with that thought, bullying, becoming and staying fit, becoming an expert in crime studies leads to a sense of control over what he fears he could become, a victim of ridicule due to his weight, a victim of a negative social identity so he becomes the opposite. Fear, precautions to mitigate the fear. Rather than becoming self aware of the factor they have a particular fear, they develop behaviors that are intended to compensate. Those beliefs and behaviors are constant to ward off those fears that never leave. At some point, the behaviors are elevated as the system becomes more complex to manage. Suddenly, you end up committing the murder. Rather than admitting the fundamental fear and being aware of our behavior in response to it and cognitively choosing a more rational response.

I'm not knocking them at all, but his Masters was an MA, which I find a little surprising given the science involved in criminology. However, there's plenty of human behavior, too. AJMOO Regardless, he should have entered his PhD studies with a firm grasp of basic research methods.

Here is the program he was in at DeSales......
I do see the emphasis on the MA. Interesting, but I too, question the scientific base.

ps.. 8:00 tonight. Peach Bowl. Go Bucks!
(my undergrad degree from these mighty halls)

Catching up......LE started following him in Washington if I'm correct? I'm curious as to how they knew he was heading to Pennsylvania
Well, if they had him as a target, it would be pretty easy to follow him and connect him to PA. My question would be, how and when did he become the target? Thank god for the corner store girl randomly going through surveillance video! Hero!!

Sarah Healey, who went to Pleasant Valley High School with Kohberger, said he was shy and kept to himself and a small group of friends, but some of their classmates – especially girls – mocked Kohberger and threw things at him.

"It was bad," Healey said. "There was definitely something off about him, like we couldn't tell exactly what it was. I remember one time when I was walking in the hallway, and he stopped me and was like, ‘Do you want to hang out?’"
[snip]
"One thing he would always do, almost without fail, was find the most complicated way to explain something," Roberts told The Tribune Democrat. "He had to make sure you knew that he knew it."
Idaho murder suspect Kohberger's Pennsylvania classmates say he was 'bright,' awkward, bullied in school

BBM #1 incel MOO
BBM #2 smartest guy in the room (his own opinion)

12/30/22

[..]

The Lehigh Valley News, a nonprofit online news site in Pennsylvania, reported that Kohberger was a student of DeSales forensic psychology Professor Katherine Ramsland, an expert on serial killers who has written dozens of books, including “How to Catch a Killer” and “The Mind of a Murderer.” She also has consulted with several TV shows focused on crime, including CSI, according to her online university biography. She wrote “Confessions of a Serial Killer,” a biography of Dennis Lynn Rader, who tortured and murdered 10 people, including a family of four in Wichita, Kansas, in 1974. Rader wasn’t arrested until 2004. The book was published in 2016.

Lehigh Valley News wrote that Ramsland confirmed Kohberger was her student but declined further comment.

[..]
Reads so much like the reactions from Bundy's professors.

Yes...He seems like the type.
I really do wonder if he was here?
We are all the type in that case.;)
If he was he is no longer because at least now we know where he is, or the first time and that is a massive relief, worldwide.
I do think it was carefully planned and executed and LE had to work v hard to solve it.
He left some clues but not as many as others, less knowledgeable would.
I expect more of the same to be served as his defence and I'm not looking forward to hearing it.

4 kids massacred.

I suspect many of us took notice when we heard that Bryan Kohberger was quoted as asking LE, "Was anyone else arrested?"
Sure got my attention.
What are the odds he had an accomplice -- either for the commission and/or the planning of four vicious homicides?

I doubt it very much—I’ll go with what LE seems to think—that he went solo.

1. Just want to say how happy I am about this arrest. Can't wait for new information. When do we think he will be back in Idaho?

2. I have a big crush on Chief Fry

3. Going back to #41 now and trying to catch up somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads