ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a rubric in literature on survival in difficult circumstances (say, being lost in the wilderness) that seems to apply here. And that's that two heads are always better than one.

Even highly experienced individuals, such as lifelong outdoorsmen, make errors that they never would have made if they'd had a conversation with another experienced individual, who would have pointed out the problem. "Never separate" in a survival situation, is therefore a motto. All of us who are trying to execute complex plans (say, a trip across Europe via public transport) can benefit from some other person's input (and there's almost always someone more expert than oneself in at least some of the particulars - can't think of any exceptions to that, really).

Our minds start going down familiar pathways, we're "happy" with our solutions, but that's because our minds skipped something along the way.

IMO, Kaylee had worked at a coffee bar in Moscow. Suspect likes his coffee. Probably can't actually eat out, because pots and pans.

But coffee machines never have had animal products inside them.

How SG would know that BK ever came to that particular coffee shop is beyond me, but SG's mind does tend to make leaps of certain kinds, as is common with many people (me too).
BK had only been in WA about 4 months I believe, she worked at Dutch Bros long before that, so not sure that is their connection.

If the car interior was stained with victims blood, no way he would leave it parked at the front of his university office and fly away for holiday, especially knowing that LE are looking for a car like the one he was driving. On the other hand, he could not sell the car as he was not the registered owner. Of course he would drive away the car at first opportunity. Why his father flew from Pennsylvania to Idaho only to drive back to PA couple of days later? It could be just a very innocent explanation or it could be that parents were worried to let him driving along on 2500 miles trip because of health issues..
or suicide

Maybe this has already been discussed. Thread is moving so quick.

BK has been reported as a vegan. The restaurant that X & M worked at would have had offerings that fit his diet and with how little there is in Pullman and even Moscow, he would seemingly be a frequent flyer.

Maybe some type of obsession of them or just a thrill picking a target?

This is another criminal that, in my eyes, reeks of extreme narcissism (many of them do, esp. at this level of crime). I get the impression he was sloppy, even though studying criminal justice. His extreme "all about me" demands re his veganism, etc. Probably thought he was "too smart" to get caught.
I also think he was “sloppy” because his intent wasn’t to kill all 4 victims. I think he went for one in particular and the rest got in his way.

@Breakout quoting your post below, can you please provide a link to where you read that BK is anti-LGBTQ? Forgive me if the was already asked and provided.

Your quote “Interesting to note that he expressed anti-LGBTQ views. Wonder if any of that played a role in his actions against MM and KG in general— as in, a more vicious attack because he assumed they were a couple?”

Not replying directly to you, just can't find that quote and had seen this LGBTQ assumption on earlier threads - the ways MM/KG posed on social media (super close to each other, fake kissy, etc) is VERY common for how current sorority girls take pictures and would not have stood out as LGBTQ to a young person. MOO as someone in mid 20s who sees these types of pictures all the time

I agree! Whether or not family or a buddy, driving 2000+ miles cross country alone any time of the year-- let alone the dead of winter-- isn't necessarily prudent for anybody today.

And I wouldn't be surprised if somebody also drove with him in August (move from PA to WA) as well. JMO
I would drive between Wisconsin and Texas by myself all the time. I drove in the summer though. I'm also a she. This was 45 years ago.
Winter driving is always risky though. Never know what to expect. Car pooled to Texas one December and it was a disaster. (Illinois decided it was an ice rink) I flew back!

I just watched this video. This reporter is saying that the white Elantra was captured around 3:45 am heading towards the victims home. I thought that the car was captured heading away from their home at 3:45am. Guess it doesn't really matter that much, just gives a bit of perspective on the timeline. It's about 1 min into the video - Idaho murders: Person in white car spotted on video has 'critical' information, police say

IMO JMO I think it will matter very much, esp from a defense perspective, potentially, maybe.

And this is why I like all your posts and comments. Open minded. No tunnel vision.
THANK YOU!! I'm not defending the guy lol, but the defense will be, and I like to think from that side in advance. Maybe I dated for too long, but I know how to prep an accusation lol. ;)

If this Criminology PhD failed to account for the likelihood of getting blood on the seats of his car....I'd be shocked.

I still think that he knew the police would have to use some sort of filtering to be able to examine all of 22,000 Elantra's. Quickly eliminating those that are unlikely to fit the profile to make the list more maneagable. Figured that his profile (PhD candidate in criminology) would get him past any closer scrutiny. And got his car out of town so it wouldn't end up in a tip from the neighbor and draw LE attention.
These guys think they are so smart but they never do the only thing that helps: ditch the car in a small-town airport parking lot and leave the country.

They read all these big-brain PhD books but don't remember the only advice that matters in a life of crime: don't let yourself get attached to anything you aren't willing to leave in 30 seconds flat when you feel the heat around the corner.

At the same time, I bet he checked off many boxes on BAU profiles. Maybe LE was waiting for DNA to pounce.
Totally agree. I think LE likely had his plates and as a result of that his name early in the investigation. But not much more than that. I 100% believe that they had this information before they released the pictures of the Elantra. The fact that LE resorted to a stock picture of the Elantra instead of one of the many likely shots they had bolsters this theory, as i bet the picture they had clearly showed the plate or had identifying features.

I think they released the picture of the Elantra for multiple reasons. 1) to solicit tips that might put him in the area or to help his neighbors, colleagues etc make the connection / recall odd behavior without LE having to say his name. 2) in hopes that he would come forward voluntarily to explain his alibi or insert himself into the investigation. i bet the profiler was a big believer in this one. and 3) to buy themselves some time as they likely suspected he was their guy but either the dna or familial dna hadn't come back yet. and they didn't have enough to pursue other warrants.

Just thinking about a possible reason.
I haven’t flown in several years so I don’t know the exact rules. I live in PA and just within the last couple of years that have started requiring what is called a ‘Real ID’ to be allowed to fly. Implemented because of 9/11) I know several years in the making. I have no idea if this is true in other states. Maybe it’s possible he could fly out of Washington or Idaho going to PA , but if he didn’t have the new ‘Real ID’ he wouldn’t be able to fly out of PA. That doesn’t explain why his dad flew out, but could be a reason that the suspect didn’t fly.
Just my opinion
If the car is owned by his parents, as has been suggested, maybe the plan all along was to bring the car home over winter break. Maybe it needs to be inspected? Just hypothesizing.

Just thinking about a possible reason.
I haven’t flown in several years so I don’t know the exact rules. I live in PA and just within the last couple of years that have started requiring what is called a ‘Real ID’ to be allowed to fly. Implemented because of 9/11) I know several years in the making. I have no idea if this is true in other states. Maybe it’s possible he could fly out of Washington or Idaho going to PA , but if he didn’t have the new ‘Real ID’ he wouldn’t be able to fly out of PA. That doesn’t explain why his dad flew out, but could be a reason that the suspect didn’t fly.
Just my opinion
The REAL ID is a federal deal, as far as flying. REAL ID or active passport is required to fly domestically. Jmo

Maybe, but how far is the nearest large airport to Pullman?

There is a small regional airport very close actually called Pullman-Moscow "PUW" but he wouldn't be that stupid (IMO). However, Spokane International Airport "GEG" is a major airport 71 miles away which is certainly doable, and also where I would imagine his father flew into...

He might have been a regular at the Greek restaurant and found out where they lived and even frequented a party or two
This is true, but he somehow made his way into the apartment without breaking anything (as far as we know). This could be easily explained by them leaving the door unlocked, but that hasn't been released yet.

How much older? 98, then no, 58, some of us may not see that as old.

Oh, I get it. I'm not thinking that because I did something, it makes what he did the same thing. I'm not defending him. My entire point is that it's important to think of both sides of it. And we don't know what his plan was, so we can't assume about the way back. IMO JMO. And when I hear what that plan was, I'll do the same thing, and think of an explanation from the other POV.

JMO IMO, it's how I always approach an argument, from the other side first. For example, in a recent interview, I started out with why I wasn't the right person. I literally saw surprise/disappointment on one person's face. Then I sold them, and it all ended very well.
I'm a defense attorney, I know how to defend people. I'm just saying people are questioning the trip because he had to be back in WA in a few weeks and most students want their cars for school. If he was driving home because he graduated I don't think anyone would have questioned it as weird. But it seems out of character since most students would leave their car and fly home for a short break so their car was back at school for the full year ahead.

These guys think they are so smart but they never do the only thing that helps: ditch the car in a small-town airport parking lot and leave the country.

They read all these big-brain PhD books but don't remember the only advice that matters in a life of crime: don't let yourself get attached to anything you aren't willing to leave in 30 seconds flat when you feel the heat around the corner.

The car was registered to his parents AFAIK

The ability to evade police by not having the car in his name is a burden because it would look so suspicious if he dumped the car around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored