ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What age does high school finish typically? And what age does it start?
I'm just wondering whether the heroin story is true or not?
allegedly while in High school..
Is there a known heroin problem in that specific area going back to when he was in high school?
I can understand experimenting at tender ages but top shelf seems a bit of a reach.
Or maybe he just made the story up, or she did?
Probably a dead end anyway if so long ago.
But that would also have been before he was old enough to buy alcohol?
Opioids and heroin have been a problem everywhere in the U.S. for some time now. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true. MOO It would be out of the norm got most high school students, but definitely not all. Again, IMOO.

@watson1. you're right about California v. Greenwood, just not in WA. Higher expectation of privacy in WA.

So DNA probably wasn't from the garbage or if it was, they'd need a warrant, and maybe that's why they were on scene? IDK

Higher expectation of privacy in WA

State v. Boland, 800 P.2d 1112, 115 Wash. 2d 571 (1990)

The Washington Supreme Court diverged from California v. Greenwood when analyzing the issue under Art. I, §7. In State v. Boland, 115 Wash.2d 571, 800, 800 P.2d 1112 (1990), the Supreme Court held that under our state constitution, a defendant's private affairs were unreasonably intruded on by law enforcement officers when they removed garbage from his trash can and transported it to a police station to be searched by state and federal narcotics agents. The Supreme Court held that any resident who places garbage in a can and puts it on the curb for collection reasonably believes the garbage will not be subjected to a warrantless governmental search. 115 Wash.2d at 578. "While a person must reasonably expect a licensed trash collector will remove the contents of his trash can, this expectation does not also infer an expectation of governmental intrusion." Id. at 581. In other words, we expect the collector to pick up our garbage and remove it for proper disposal; we do not expect that the government will search the contents of our garbage bags to identify evidence of wrong-doing.

Abandoned DNA is different, so they likely found other ways to collect his DNA if they did it in WA IMO JMO. In State v. Athan, the WA Supreme Court found no violation of Article I, section 7 when the police found a creative way to obtain a suspect's DNA
State v. Athan, 158 P.3d 27, 160 Wash. 2d 354 (2007).
his coffee cups at work? tossed in his employer's trash? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member