ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the anecdotes of BK's previous behavior while living in PA, I wonder if once in Pullman, WA he continued his habit of chatting up female servers at restaurants and asking them where they lived. If he did, it's not out of the question that he would have tried this at Mad Greek where Xana and Maddie were servers. What if one of them mentioned the house, maybe not by its full address, but other identifying marks, e.g., "Oh yeah, I live with a bunch of friends in the big party house down by the fraternity houses"?

In their situation, unless they were getting super creepy vibes from BK, such a comment probably wouldn't have seemed especially risky. For one, they'd have been communicating that they live with a LOT of people, which typically would be a deterrent to anyone targeting the home for a nefarious purpose.

Another possibility is that he asked the question, got shot down, grew fixated on M and/or X, and managed to figure out where they lived through SM or other means.
Yes. Or he could have started more outward by looking at UI sorority Facebook pages and narrowing down his potential victims from there. I think their names were tagged on the sorority fb pics. From there it's an easy jump to their instagrams and ... basically their entire lives.

I can add that another member chimed in earlier today to say that s/he lived in a similar locale nearby and indeed heroin was a major commodity at that time. The talk here was also about the drug spice being popular along with heroin. The female friend did not mention spice; only heroin.

I think the takeaway is that he has the propensity to abuse illicit drugs and become addicted to them. He overcame his addiction to heroin but the urges may remain, as so often happens.

I don't doubt the friend's story about riding in the Poconos but we're free to disregard it as well.
what age is high school in the US is my question?

I agree. The killer may try to instill reasonable doubt to a jury but achieving that will not be easy.
Hard to say IMO because we don't know what LE has. Earlier in the thread, I linked Chief Fry's statement that they need more evidence for trial to prove this, and if I take him at his word, they have probable cause, but haven't met Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, so imo this means they need more evidence, and this means the less they have, the easier it will be to raise reasonable doubt. imo jmo but also how it can work.

Not sure what you're saying here. There is a specific PA extradition statue that I cited that says to be extradited from PA the person must either allegedly have been in the state (Idaho) at the the time of the crime, or been in PA or another state and intentionally done something to cause the crime in the state/Idaho. I'm sure there are other requirements re a felony etc. but my point was about why BK's lawyer was talking about extradition and cell phone info having him at the Idaho/WA border.
It relates to No. 3 -- that he feld. The PA statute just is a means to execute the Constiturional requirement

I very much believe in due process, which emphasizes the importance of formal, adjudicative, and adversary fact-finding processes. I would need to see the evidence against someone before I could ever say guilty or not. In this case LE seems to believe they have the right person and that's fine but to me, that person has a right to challenge that belief and until all the facts are presented thru due process I have to remain neutral.
That's not to say that I don't have any ideas as to the motive of whomever committed this abomination.
moo

I agree with your principles. However, my view is that is the legal (and not the anthropological or sociological or psychological) part of the crime. So if I know I'm not going to be on the jury, I do keep a running idea in my head about the provability of the case, and my own views on guilty/non-guilt.

I use my own common sense and ethics in understanding and describing people whose juries I will never sit on (but not in print, not until the trial is over).

We are all entitled to regard someone as less than innocent if circumstances warrant. Personally, I found it important to adopt the attitude that a person I've never met before is not "innocent" of everything, I"m a bit reserved. And I certainly taught my children that as well.

Innocent implies "trustworthy" - unless taken in the purely legal sense. I don't use purely legal reasoning in my line of work, I have to do otherwise, as part of a team of LE and lawyers. Someone has to think outside those parameters.

IMO, you would think that if BK is innocent that he would be singing like a canary…maybe he hasn’t gotten that far yet. If I was arrested for something I didn’t do, I would be crying, screaming my lungs out, talking nonstop, burning some scorched earth… BK is eerily calm. IDK

iMO, I think he had someone else clean the car and I would go so far to say that he told the killer to do so with some healthy expletives
I don't know. I'd be talking to a lawyer

Not sure why I’m getting an angry vote. I don’t think anything any of the victims did or didn’t do justifies the crime. BK is the one who is in the wrong here. I am 100% on the side of the victims and their families.
Superficial maybe if anyone’s online presence disturbed him, no matter what it may be they’re searching for.. it’s the grief and hurt they are feeling they want answers. It is unimaginable what it takes to process this.

Beautiful conversation here, as usual.

I have thought about this multiple times and I would like to suggest that "getting caught" is not necessarily even a consideration for many of these killers, this guy included. If he is what I suspect he is...he was all about the act and was willing to take the repercussions if he even considered them at all.

Going back to his "survey"...I note that there was zero reference to concerns about arrest; instead the questions were specific to the mechanics and emotion of committing the crime. The act was his obsession, imo.

Kemper called the police on himself when he finally committed the ultimate act. Bundy thoroughly enjoyed being arrested and being the center of attention... and a self appointed "expert" on serial killers. This is the feel I get from this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he confesses to other things.

This is pure speculation on my part. I could be wrong. Again.

Lol

Last edited:
I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as if he is an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college so late--already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.
I've seen discussion about a drug problem and rehab. Maybe that delayed him starting college level classes?

Gosh, that is going way back several weeks ago but it is my recollection that he went home for Thanksgiving and returned to finish the semester. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. As far as the source, lol - I am not going to dig for it at this point, plus it may be that I just read something that led me to interpret he was home at Thanksgiving. I may be wrong and would love to be corrected if I am. It is my understanding that he was home at Thanksgiving and returned to finish the semester.

I see no evidence of that. His classmates are all over SM saying he was in class, drinking more coffee than usual. IMO.

The timeline presented by Wsers who have followed this case closely say he made the trip one time from Dec 14-17 which fits with fulfilling his duties as a TA. IMO. I don't think any of us have time to go back through several threads, but several WSers provided links to support this timeline.

Hard to say IMO because we don't know what LE has. Earlier in the thread, I linked Chief Fry's statement that they need more evidence for trial to prove this, and if I take him at his word, they have probable cause, but haven't met Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, so imo this means they need more evidence, and this means the less they have, the easier it will be to raise reasonable doubt. imo jmo but also how it can work.
You're right. Too early to tell if the State's case is strong or not. JMO.

All following is tracking but not all tracking is following!

I'm sure they followed him. Could be wrong, but if so, they've got lots of fields, rivers, mountains and gas stations to look through for murder weopons ...
IMHO the statement was that LE tracked the car to PA. I do not believe they ever said it was tracked in real time and most likely it was after the fact. Tracked, to me most often means past tense. If LE had already located the car in Pullman, why follow it all the way to PA in real time just to return it to ID? I believe the car may have already left ID/WA before LE become aware of it. Does anyone have the date of when the Elantra probably left ID/Was?

You’re right. But you’re still making it sound pretty straight forward.

If you do not get the direct hit or a sibling or a mother or father. You likely have a lot of grunt work ahead of you. Especially if it’s a shared great great grandfather via a distant cousin that the perp doesn’t even know and has never shared an address with.

From there it’s all good ol fashioned manual investigative work to see who down the family tree likely fits that profile. And even that isn’t just a matter of Googling. You’re looking up public records. Cross referencing. Searching through backgrounds, occupations, criminal history, demographics, addresses etc.

It’s labor intensive and not the magic bullet it’s often cited as.

Everyone thinks you put a DNA chain in and it magically spits out results. Sometimes…yes, but not always.
I'm 63, and have literally been doing genealogy for 50 years now. Ancestry.com and other sites have made searching very easy. Not everything on there is always 100% correct, but I guarantee you I could go on there and with just his and his parents names, I could go back 3 or 4 generations in just a couple hours. Then from there, there are probably others that have "trees" already "built" and available online.

Sure it might be a distant match, but you can still do wonders with it in a short period of time. You might end up with a few possible matches but then when you look at all those matches, and where they reside, and see that one of the matches is going to school just a few miles from the site of the murders, you definitely have a starting point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member