ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
\Hard to believe he wouldn't have known who was inside, my gut tells me he probably watched that house for a few days prior, and he picked a time to enter when most would assume all would be home, probably asleep or close to it.
I believe he had an obsession with one of the women that he murdered- don't know why he killed her but I believe the others were collateral damage for him. I think he was in a rage.

He may have absolutely NO common sense...book smart only
ITA. And what I have seen time and time again, is a killer knows enough to know better than to commit murder, but their need to commit that murder overwhelms all common sense. They do not think about the evidence they will leave behind, and they do not think about or plan what to do with the body, etc. And they have enough arrogance, they convince themselves they will get away with the murder. JMO.

MOO- police want the knife and hoped BK would lead them to it. They had him under surveillance so no worries about him being able to harm someone else. The knife is crucial evidence to removing any possible doubt. MOO that LE calculated giving BK space and time might get them the knife. After 3 weeks of watching/waiting, they pulled the trigger as still no knife...JMO.
Can a knife be tied to a crime like a guns ballistics? Not sure. I guess if it still has the victims blood on it.

\Hard to believe he wouldn't have known who was inside, my gut tells me he probably watched that house for a few days prior, and he picked a time to enter when most would assume all would be home, probably asleep or close to it.
Not saying he didn’t know the others were there, just that his plan wasn’t necessarily to kill them all. I think LE has been clear that the Elantra was seen more than once in the area of the house, so I have no doubt he was scoping things out. I wonder if he had broken into the house before the murders to get the “lay of the land.”

Maybe LE asked the father to make the trip, hoping BK would confess on the drive- will be interesting to learn when Dad bought the airplane ticket out to Pullman WA-MOO...
Am guessing the family knew he was...odd. Probably coddled him to some degree, similar (the coddling) to Peterson, Frazee, Watts.

Can a knife be tied to a crime like a guns ballistics? Not sure. I guess if it still has the victims blood on it.
From what I understand (that is, if he didn’t dispose of it in a body of water) cleaning with bleach and boiling water might make it so that a link to the murders would not be possible.

I'm not an expert in serial killers, so my opinion is formed from news, plus maybe watching Dexter and Silence of the Lambs, etc. In thinking about this case, it struck me that many (most?) serial killers don't seek to be known. They are hunters and they want to continue to hunt, so they want to stay under the radar screen. Their compulsion doesn't necessarily include a desire to do something so brazen, something that is by its very nature will draw an immense amount of attention and create a level of risk of being caught that is so high. IMO, BK thought he was going to be the most clever serial killer ever, that his studies and his intellect (in his own mind) would allow him to pull off the most public and sensational and violent and brutal murder. Such hubris, such an unfathomably high opinion of his own abilities. IMO. (He studied under a famed serial killer expert which is what makes me think that he thought he knew enough to get away with it all.) I hope this makes sense...
I think he studied under that person because he is keenly interested in all aspects of serial killers...cuz he is one.
Obviously, he didn't study well enough or at least not on the currently relevant aspects ..cuz he's caught.

I think this goes back to being “targeted.” He didn’t want to kill just anybody (bc it would have been less risky, for example, to kill someone who lived alone in a remote area). He wanted to kill someone in THAT house. It was a very risky crime in so many ways - a densely populated area, full of students coming and going at all hours, the fact that there were 5 people living in the house, any of whom could have awakened and gone to the kitchen, etc., the dog, stabbing as opposed to an “easier” method, etc.

I don’t think he was trying to pull off the perfect crime, unless he was trying to make it as difficult a crime as possible to get away with to further boost his ego if he did.
all good points but if this guy was a lean, mean fighting machine, h-e-doubletoothpick, why not just drive from pullman via sandy, miss the cameras, park near the arboretum, take his backpack kill kit, and walk/run from there. Some variation of that might have been smarter IMO JMO just a guess.

I’ve wondered if they had a whole or partial plate. If the car is registered in PA, the plate would look different and that, too, could have been a clue. Emphasizing “wondered” and “could have been.”
didn't they initially ask about 2011-2013 Elantras? ...and his is a 2015. Is the body the same in 2015?

To mislead the suspect, MOO. Remember, the police were hoping to locate the knife. Creating a false sense that the investigation was extremely broad/difficult might lead the POI/suspect to let down their guard, and try to dispose of evidence...meanwhile, LE was watching BK, hoping he'd lead them to that evidence. JMO...
If they already had him in their sights, why release the Elantra tip at all? It generated a whole lot of tips and extra work just to mislead a POI. It would be even more misleading to let him think they don't know about his car at all. IMO

It’s not uncommon for first year Ph.D. students to decide that grad school is not for them; however, if that were the case, then BK would likely have packed his stuff into the car for a permanent trip home. And we know from watching LE take stuff out of his apartment that he didn’t do so.
I wonder if he left his stuff there, as a "see, I didn't do it, otherwise why would I plan on going back" defense? Similar to the "have they arrested anyone else" comment he made when arrested.

Is it possible Mom & Dad suspected it was him. If my child was living 10 miles from a nationally covered brutal quadruple killing, I’d be following very closely. And then when police announce they are looking for an older model white Elantra! His parents can’t be that clueless. Makes me think of Brian Laundries last camping trip with his parents. They knew his girlfriend gabby was missing and he was a POI, but they still chose to spend that last bit of time camping with him.

As a mother, probably no matter what your child does you still love them. Maybe she knew it was likely her last chance to spend time with her son?

Do we think the parents had been contacted by the police early on if there was a partial tag number and the title was in parents name? Maybe just even an inquiry early on, if this vehicle was owned by them and where it was currently located?
Maybe they had no idea he lived that closely to the crime. It’s in a different state. I’d have no idea and I had never heard of Moscow Idaho before this. And there’s tons of people who don’t follow the news so maybe they didn’t know. Totally not fair to compare them at this point to Brian Laundries parents.

From what I understand (that is, if he didn’t dispose of it in a body of water) cleaning with bleach and boiling water might make it so that a link to the murders would not be possible.
Motive, means, opportunity are important for LE to demonstrate in the prosecution, IMO. Being able to show BK had a knife capable of causing the wounds found on the victims is very important - even if there was no DNA/blood from the victims still on said knife-MOO.

and I won't argue with you, and please don't take my response personally, because it wasn't meant that way. It was not an affront to your professional skill, and I did notice that you're an attorney. I also understand why people are questioning the trip. I wasn't supporting the guy, just adding a potential explanation. I think that's reasonable, imo jmo.
In certain circumstances you can actually get from point A to point B faster in a car than a plane...even long distances...IMO

If they asked the parents to do that, and they agreed, why not ask for them to hand over dna evidence sooner? I’m not disagreeing that it’s a possibility. I just think that’s a significant amount of time to ask parents to hide (from their kid that will be driving & staying with them) that LE is closing in.
Maybe they asked the parents to submit to a public database so that BK would not know they cooperated and LE could legit state that they performed genetic genealogy? MOO. This would have had to have been incredibly hard on the parents if they cooperated. Thinking of Unabomber’s brother. Still seems really far fetched, but not impossible, imo.

If they already had him in their sights, why release the Elantra tip at all? It generated a whole lot of tips and extra work just to mislead a POI. It would be even more misleading to let him think they don't know about his car at all. IMO
Maybe they were just trying to generate local leads from people who would link the neighborhood weirdo to his vehicle, a white Elantra, to give LE additional info on the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954