ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible he didn’t intend to go back to Washington after Christmas. Or just told his parents he wasn’t going back. We have no idea what was left in the WSU apartment. Maybe it was like an undergrad dorm and he packed all his clothes and belongings in the Elantra to move back to PA? Or at least convinced his parents that’s what he was doing, hence the need to get the car back to PA. Jmo

Also wasn't he in college working as a TA, not "following their every move for weeks"
Just speculation on my part:

He may have assumed they were in classes at the same time he was in classes so he knew where they were and felt he didn’t need to follow them? Maybe only followed after classes?Just a guess, I’m sure we will find out more details later.

Missy Bevers case- no dna?

The suspect probably did leave a trace, a fiber, or a hair in the parking lot, and in the building but LE didn't find it, it's almost impossible NOT to leave a trace, but is detectable or found? I didn't see crime scene tape covering the entire parking lot...it could have been dropped near where the car was parked (wherever that was I have no clue) That case haunts me esp. since the suspect is caught on video with such a distinct gait.

Why not just buy BK a round trip airline ticket? It would be cheaper, safer and quicker. If he really needs transportation while on break in PA, he can rent a car, uber, borrow the parents car, etc. Who drives 2500 miles home (5000 RT) for a 3 week break? There is something more to this.
Some people fear flying.

He didn't want anyone to know that the Elantra was traveling across the country, so he quietly drove the car home. I bet he wiped the harddrive on his desktop computer - that was confiscated. If he planned to return to classes after Christmas, he would have kept his car. No way was dad driving back across the country with him after the break and flying home. We all know how it works when a child is across the country at school. They fly home for the holidays, or they stay put because it's too expensive.
As far as wiping the hard drive. LE should have tools that they can retrieve almost anything that the most people think they completely deleted.

Someone around him had to put this together.
I suspect a lot of people did. But Ted Bundy had his car, make and color, identified, and the details were made public along with a pretty good artist's sketch of his face. It led to his being identified, but it wasn't overnight. As I recall, the people he worked with teased him about it.

I have ALWAYS been fingerprinted every place I taught for K-12, but not at the college level when I taught there. Including in Texas, but some K-12 older teachers were grandfathered in and didn't have to be fingerprinted. I believe it is more common now for K-12 but I have not heard of it at the college/uni levels yet unless the research requires a secret clearance from the gov. I'd be surprised if it was required for the TAs. Just My Experience
Same.

That said, I did post a link a few threads back that had nothing to do with this case, but did confirm he worked as a security guard in a PA high school. (The article featured the security team who essentially saved the life of an on-site employee..and BK was mentioned as part of that security detail). I'll find it and post it momentarily.

I'd assume he had to provide fingerprints then, even if the security team members for the school were subcontractors. PA is rather rigid regarding this, obviously for good cause.

I really see that Kohberger had fallen through the cracks. Parents probably did know that he was teased to the extent reported. It seems that many people in the system failed him. A smart kid that is presently bullied and needs help to cope. Could no one have seen the Koberger needed help ?.I invited a universal outlet and process to identify children at risk.

I agree bullying destroys children some cannot manage or cope and start having dark revenge fantasies vs laughing it off. Some teasing is just that teasing and bullying cross the line into harassment and humiliation.
I wish schools took bullying more seriously and remove bullies asap.
I've witnessed first hand shy smart friends withdraw due to bullying and start having dark thoughts about suicide and revenge. Some kids are targeted worse than others.

Employees at a PA brewery had notes in their computer system warning about BK's behavior as a patron.

"Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,'" he said.

Serulneck said Kohberger would ask the female staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived and what their work schedule was. He said if the women blew him off, “he would get upset with them a little bit,” noting that one time he called one of his staff members a disparaging term when she refused to answer his questions"
"

BK loves to ask questions, from his online surveys for classes. I noticed this trait.

Here is the article from The Pocono Record dated Dec, 2018. BK is noted as being a security guard at that time. I have to assume his fingerprints/FBI clearance was a requirement based on not only my own personal experience, but also on PA.gov webpage which I and others posted a few pages back.

I am very confident that his fingerprints are on file.

Imo

Possible he didn’t intend to go back to Washington after Christmas. Or just told his parents he wasn’t going back. We have no idea what was left in the WSU apartment. Maybe it was like an undergrad dorm and he packed all his clothes and belongings in the Elantra to move back to PA? Or at least convinced his parents that’s what he was doing, hence the need to get the car back to PA. Jmo
His father said to a witness at an auto maintenance shop in PA on Dec 16 that BK was going back to Washington after Christmas.

Wondering how LE will transport BK from PA to Idaho? Commercial airline? Vehicle? Does anyone here have experience with this subject?
FBI guy Bobby Chacone said that either Idaho would use a plane at disposal of their Correctional Services or they'd charter a flight. Another retired LEO said flying commercial was also an option

Was he more talkative immediately after the murders? When the murders were discussed during class, he stopped talking. Days later (???) he arrived to class late several times and was uncharacteristically drinking coffee - he wasn't sleeping well after the car was announced?
Maybe he was worried since his name was on a seatbelt citation driving a white Elantra.

JMO

Interesting read, but I would take the comments of an unnamed friend of a cop that supposedly followed the perp for a couple days in Pennsylvania, with not only a grain of salt, but the entire shaker full. The part about the gloves, possibly may be true, but if so, was probably due more to weather than desire to hide DNA. December in the Poconos, you probably would stand out more if you were not wearing gloves. The part about his phone trailing the vics for weeks before the murders, which vics? Surely they did not all cling to one another 24/7. Someone far closer to the investigation than this person is will have to report it before I buy that. JMO
Agree.

Some interesting stuff here.

Says cell phone data shows he stalked the victims for quite a while prior to the murder.

Post murders wore gloves in grocery stores(to potentially not leave finger prints?) IMO, could also relate to the alleged OCD speculations as well, who knows. But interesting nonetheless.
That sounds that the BS that was being spun on a popular video site where they do mini clips and a Russian hacker said they could ping his phone and gave it to the FBI claiming they solved the case. what a load of crap

The average person would not know a 2011 Elantra from a 2015.
You are 100% correct...the 2011 Hyundai Elantra vs the 2015 Hyundai Elantra are virtually identical in measurements and design. Which makes me wonder why LE chose to specify that they are looking for a 2011 model purposely to give BK a false sense of comfort while they assembled more evidence. LE often has dozens of seasoned investigators inputting their knowledge and techniques together with unlimited resources.

Is it a fact finger prints are required as a prerequisite for hire in PA schools? At the school corporation I worked at (not PA), only background and drug testing were required. I’ve not seen anything on the PA DOE website requiring fingerprints.
I work in the PA school system and yes we do along with FBI background check and Child abuse clearance along with training that has to be renewed. Any position working with children.

His whole response to this thing shows that he's used to manipulating people. I highly doubt he was bullied. I think that was a sob story he told to justify his behavior in school

I think both can be true he was bullied as a child and he learned to be manipulative in childhood.
He could have acted creepy scaring the other kids and in turn bullying him creating a vicious cycle.

Everyine is focused on DNA at present. DNA will pin him to murders, moo, but it is not going to be only DNA that will incriminate him. LE now have his computer, books, notes, clothes, the car he was driving. If he is their guy, and they appear to be fairly certain of it, there will be other components attributing to not only to his arrest, but also his conviction.

He may ordered online the knife, gloves, suit and his computer will be willing to provide the information.

I am curious what was that one fatal mistake he made at the crime scene and that was mentioned few times. I doubt LE is bluffing on this one.

He made mistakes, but he is not stupid and will play hard, unless he is pinned down with evidence which is hard to dispute or to explain in more than one way that he may use to confuse.

Does anyone know if there are any cameras around blocks of flats in the uni campus where he lives in Pullman?
I am curious what was that one fatal mistake he made at the crime scene and that was mentioned few times. I doubt LE is bluffing on this one.

He may have been caught on one of the door ring cameras.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member