ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, though? I think you might be right and it's only today that I'm slowly coming around to that way of thinking. It's the only thing that's making sense in my mind, at the moment.

Initially, I thought this killer was, if not a criminal mastermind, at least a meticulous and very well organized killer. I no longer think that. I think he prepared his stare for his mugshot (people do that when they think they're going to get caught for a crime, I've interviewed them and for habitual criminals, it's a mind game they play - or not to ?)

Now I think he was fully invested in trying to plan "the perfect crime" including meeting his own ideological and inner psychological needs, but didn't care all that much about the getting part cart. I bet he plans to plead out to avoid the death penalty. His life won't be *that* much different in prison (and to the DM: he's NOT in prison right now!).

By this I mean, he's a loner, he'll probably be in relative isolation from the general population for a long, long time. He likes to read, take notes, think about himself, and he's going to write a book about himself. Maybe more than one. He'll get access to the prison library and study law next. He'll file appeals and participate in them. He'll answer penpal letters. He's something of ascetic already, his only problem will be negotiating through his lawyers for special food treatment (which he'll feel smug about when he's accommodated). He's the type who probably can go on a hunger strike for such purposes. He'll be just as busy as he always was, and have a whole life to ponder his favorite topics. At some point, of course, he'll say he feels regret and he'll welcome interviews with researchers and journalists.

So I fully support your idea that he was unconcerned with getting caught, and may have had a mental "points" system - for each hour and day he remained, free, he gave himself points and inwardly dinged or even mocked LE.
Agree..and adding to this he may very well be hoping that others will want to interview him and have relationships with him to write their books much like BTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7