ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The report that came from was based on a DailyMail story which was based on an anonymous text message screenshot. Then the NYPost cited the DailyMail as their source. In effect laundering the untrusty screenshot.

A part of me wants to believe that screenshot though. As it backs up my hunch that local PA police was keeping an eye on BK from the day he arrived all the up until the day ID LE secured their affidavit (4 days before his arrest). At the point the FBI took over.

Remember, local LE has likely been involved for weeks now since the car is registered to his mother and we know he was in PA for thanksgiving.

Also, entering any residence with the intent to commit a crime is burglary. Doesn’t matter if the door was unlocked and it doesn’t matter if you walk away with anything or not.

I agree completely on the Burglary meaning. I was trying to explain it in response to another comment.

I am undecided on the whole being tracked/followed/serveilled cross-country thing because different media sources say different things. My only opinion on it actually matches yours.

Something that recently occurred to me are those 50 warrants that Moscow PD obtained back on 12/12 or 12/13. Didn't BK leave to head to PA with his dad on the 13th?

Back when I read about the warrants, I figured they were to search through the victims' bank records, online accounts, emails, etc but now I'm wondering if any of these warrants were for BK. If you are correct in your guess that LE has been involved [in looking at or into BK] for weeks now, then perhaps it is possible that they somehow tracked him to PA.

These are just my thoughts, opinions, speculation, & curiosities.

*edited to fix broken link

Possibly, but wouldn't it be noticeable if someone was running 9 miles at 3 or 4 in the am? And he really wouldn't want to be pulled into an interaction with LE at that time. He likely would have been arrested then and there. JMO
Well, not necessarily if jogging along the Bill Chipman Palouse trail between Moscow & Pullman. He could have left his car near the trailhead in Pullman.

That scenario is highly improbable & almost unfathomable, it seems to me, but not impossible. Moo

Those do look yellow and rotten though, hard to tell if it's just the picture quality. His face and skin screams drugs.
Has he been diagnosed as a drug user? What does a face and skin look like on a drug user?

Thank you! It's farther than I thought. 14 miles, not 12 kilometres, from the suspect's home to the mass murder, including his detour past the Mobil gas station.

View attachment 391852
Google Map
Besides, if he'd walked home that night, LE wouldn't have had damning video of his white Elantra speeding away from the crime scene.

Besides, if he'd walked home that night, LE wouldn't have had damning video of his white Elantra speeding away from the crime scene.
Agreed. It seems like a moot point to argue whether or not he walked when he clearly drove right up to the house, per LE, and the presence of his car is a big part of what tied him to the crime. MOO

Would it not be smarter for him to fight extradition? I'm sure Idaho will seek the death penalty. Looks like you would want to slow the process down as long as possible if you are guilty. Longer it takes you to get back to Idaho and delay your trial and delay a possible death sentence is the longer you get to live potentially.

Of course if your innocent you want to have your trial as soon as possible so you can get out of jail and get on with your life.

so was his car at his apartment the entire time he's been there? No one called it in?
I think generally speaking, you'd be surprised how little people pay attention to some things. Especially in another state and city
I guess people just never think it’s so close to home

Shocked Neighbors of Idaho Suspect Say He Was a ‘Lone Wolf’

AA..first met Kohberger last August when he moved into Steptoe Village in Pullman, WA. He filled the apartment above her and her husband..
She said he would usually park his car right out front of her window, and it was rare to see him home anytime before midnight.
After his alleged murders nine miles away, Alvarez said she never saw Kohberger.
But his white Elantra, which police spent weeks searching for, would periodically appear.
“I always see his headlights flash in my front windows,” she said.
Once she found out Kohberger was arrested and named as the lead suspect, Alvarez realized how all the pieces fit together..

GN, Steptoe Village resident and WSU Ph.D. researcher, said he came across Kohberger a handful of times in the apartment complex and lived on the floor above him.
“There was nothing suspicious,” he said. “I even knew he drives an Elantra, but I didn’t know that cops are looking for a white Elantra. I just knew they were looking for a white sedan, which anyone could have.”

He had uncharacteristic facial hair, became more talkative, but said nothing about the murders. Next, he looked over tired and in need of uncharacteristic morning coffee. If he had not been arrested, he would have dealt with the stress of following through with a planned murder. He would have done it again. Like an unintelligent, calculating sociopath, he blew it. The car was identified and he left DNA evidence.

Book learning never amounts to authentic knowledge - studying murderers does not equate to knowing how to commit the perfect murder.
It's almost like book smarts vs street smarts. Lol

Burglary vs. Breaking and Entering

It used to be that, to convict someone of burglary, the prosecution had to prove that the defendant forced his way into the building, or that he was guilty of breaking into the building, and then entering it. This could mean that he broke a window or perhaps damaged a door to gain access to the building. Today, however, using any amount of force, no matter how small, can be considered breaking and entering. This can include lifting a window that has already been left partially open, and then crawling through it and into the building.
Idaho Code is the applicable definition & is different than what you provided.

HTH!

“BURGLARY DEFINED. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.”
Section 18-1401 – Idaho State Legislature

There were only four days from the time LE said they were looking for the ELANTRA until it was headed for Pennsylvania
True, but his friends and neighbours would have known he drove a car like that, even if he was out of town.

Would it not be smarter for him to fight extradition? I'm sure Idaho will seek the death penalty. Looks like you would want to slow the process down as long as possible if you are guilty. Longer it takes you to get back to Idaho and delay your trial and delay a possible death sentence is the longer you get to live potentially.

Of course if your innocent you want to have your trial as soon as possible so you can get out of jail and get on with your life.
This is a complex case. He is entitled to a speedy trial. A speedy trial might make it more difficult for the prosecution to put an ironclad case together. Jmo

Those do look yellow and rotten though, hard to tell if it's just the picture quality. His face and skin screams drugs.

I don't think so. Seeing a picture of someone, who in MOO does look a bit tired, probably pretty bad lighting and taken from someone who isn't a photographer seems pretty normal. Seeing a picture of someone who appears to be somewhat well groomed, wearing a shirt and tie, and with a smile on their face does not scream drugs to me.

AA..first met Kohberger last August when he moved into Steptoe Village in Pullman, WA. He filled the apartment above her and her husband..
She said he would usually park his car right out front of her window, and it was rare to see him home anytime before midnight.
After his alleged murders nine miles away, Alvarez said she never saw Kohberger.
But his white Elantra, which police spent weeks searching for, would periodically appear.
Once she found out Kohberger was arrested and named as the lead suspect, Alvarez realized how all the pieces fit together..

GN, Steptoe Village resident and WSU Ph.D. researcher, said he came across Kohberger a handful of times in the apartment complex and lived on the floor above him.
“There was nothing suspicious,” he said. “I even knew he drives an Elantra, but I didn’t know that cops are looking for a white Elantra. I just knew they were looking for a white sedan, which anyone could have.”

This ^^^ guy was a PHD researcher, local to the crime, and he never knew they were looking for an Elantra? wow....

This ^^^ guy was a PHD researcher, local to the crime, and he never knew they were looking for an Elantra? wow....
Honestly I'm not surprised. I have been a news junkie since I was about 12, but the 2 years I was in grad school are a complete blip on my radar when it comes to everything from news to pop culture. MOO

It has been reported that he was a longtime heroin addict. Nothing at all, ever, mentioned BK having any involvement with methamphetamine. They are 2 totally different drugs and have opposite results.

Besides, the majority of drug users that have decaying or missing teeth is because they don't take care of them. Lol

ODD...He knew BK had an Elantra (white?). OK..... and states LE was looking for a white *Sedan*??? I don't know about you, but they were SHOUTING *ELANTRA* FROM THE ROOF TOPS!! Never saw *SEDAN* (four door) used to describe it. Strange. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member