ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see a vegan insisting on others providing virgin pots and pans to cook his animal free foods, per his aunts statement) delivering food of all sorts to folks.

Appreciate Your last statement.
As far as I know, that's mostly a Kosher Jewish request. They do not cook non-meat or milk products in pans used to cook meat and milk.

You may be right but "felony murder" isn't necessarily a federal offense. Many, if not all, states have some form of felony murder in their statutes.

I am only challenging your use of that term. I haven't heard or read anything to suggest the crimes in question would be tried by the Feds, as you suggest, but I don't pretend to know that jurisdictional detail.
Digging a little deeper... First Degree Murder is a Felony

Cornell University insigniaCornell Law SchoolSearch Cornell
Toggle navigation

18 U.S. Code § 1111 - Murder​

prev | next
(a)
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing; or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery; or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children; or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed, is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree.
(b)
Within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,
Whoever is guilty of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life;
Whoever is guilty of murder in the second degree, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
(c)For purposes of this section—
(1)
the term “assault” has the same meaning as given that term in section 113;
(2)the term “child” means a person who has not attained the age of 18 years and is—
(A)
under the perpetrator’s care or control; or
(B)
at least six years younger than the perpetrator;
(3)
the term “child abuse” means intentionally or knowingly causing death or serious bodily injury to a child;
(4)
the term “pattern or practice of assault or torture” meansassault or torture engaged in on at least two occasions;
(5)
the term “serious bodily injury” has the meaning set forth in section 1365; and
(6)
the term “torture” means conduct, whether or not committed under the color of law, that otherwise satisfies the definition set forth in section 2340(1).

You won't find the term "felony murder" in most criminal statutes. The unnamed term is generally just one of the definitions under a first-degree murder statute
. First-degree murder is called a felony murder when a human being is killed during the commission of a felony. It's a simple concept, but the details of when felony murder applies can be complicated. Below is a detailed examination of the application of the felony murder rule.

Felony Murder Doctrine: Who Can Be Charged?​

It's possible to be charged with first-degree murder under the felony murder rule even if there's no intent to kill. All that's necessary is the participation in the commission of a felony, where a death occurs during that felony, even if the defendant wasn't the one who killed the victim. Typical situations include:

Under US federal code....first degree murder is a felony

I will read and believe a lot of absolute garbage but I do not believe Mr. PhD is going around threatening guards that he will commit the same crimes against them as he's currently charged with when he disputes those charges. They are admissible admissions. :rolleyes:
I don't believe her either. JMO

If an officer stops you just to give a verbal warning, would tags be run, would he call it in? I would think as a matter of procedure and safety , there would be a record/log of the stop, even if it didn't result in a ticket or written warning.

LEO's stopping someone to give them a verbal warning happens almost never. There's a reason they stopped you. Most, Idk about all, but most, LEO cars basically have the equivalent of a mobile computer, that links to a database. Your tags are sent in so they know if they're dealing with a stolen car, a felon on the run, the local cat lady, or whomever.

I think we all agree Brian Entin has debunked the idea that BK was the ranter who tried to expose himself. That was someone else and the source erred. My point was just that we don't know she was "lying"; she may have just made an assumption that "the scary guy" was BK.

For some reason, internet posters jump to the conclusion that every misstatement is a lie, i.e., a willful deception. In my experience, most people are not geniuses and even the highly intelligent make mistakes. Misstatements of fact are usually just errors.
I think we need to get ready for all kinds of stories to come out, most of them will be based on rumor, innuendo and misinformation.

The knife will probably never be found. But that won’t make any difference to the prosecution case.
In this case it depends predominantely on DNA evidence - in the flat and in the car, thus if there is victims DNA on the car.

I hate to say it, but i like the way he holds it since the arrest.

Waiting to see where all this goes.

I paid attention to the portrait of BK’s former professor, the one at DeSales University, Michelle Bolger.

It is just a photo, but she bears some resemblance to KG. In a darker-hair version, and maybe they didn’t look alike IRL, but the type is similar. Prof. Bolger said she saw Bryan only on Zoom, so there was no direct contact and - MOO - no feeling of the atmosphere in the room.

I honestly think that the Idaho victims themselves were chosen at random, no ties between them and BK so that he could get away with it. But the similarity in the looks is uncanny.

Gotta say that unlike others on this forum I personally LOVE The Daily Mail.
For years they have “outscooped” the mainstream press.
I find their stories legitimately compelling and I personally have thought for years now that they are very credible in their reporting. Granted they were considered sensational years ago but I think they have earned their credibility.

All IMHO
IF this is true he is legit nailing his own coffin shut.
He’s a bad, bad person and I find it unfathomable that his closest family members didn’t see it.

You aren’t civil and loving with your family and then horrific with the rest of humanity, right? They simply have to know. It’s very tragic.

Also noticed that only one of two sisters are standing up for him though it’s been reported both will be in court in his support today with their parents.
Maybe that’s just bad reporting (ABC) but in my mind could be good self preservation for his more career-minded sister.

There are plenty of killers who won't kill pets and love their own pets but will kill people. The family of 4 in Ohio who killed a family of 8 people were described by their pastor as people who "wept over dogs." They left all the guard dogs alive at the 4 murder scenes and had pet dogs of their own.

This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.

He has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder, plus felony burglary.
Burglary is illegally entering a home/business. Nothing has to be taken.

He crossed a state line to commit the murders and then fled across multiple state lines. Idaho will prosecute him but I'm wondering if WA would have any charges to add. Very likely ID had Fed's assistance all the way, considering the size, scope, and speed, of this investigation. Is it possible that the Feds who assisted will be called to testify at trial? This will be an interesting case to watch unfold and I don't think he'll plea. He seems very confident of his intellect. JM2 this a.m.

I find their stories legitimately compelling and I personally have thought for years now that they are very credible in their reporting. Granted they were considered sensational years ago but I think they have earned their credibility.

All IMHO
He’s a bad, bad person and I find it unfathomable that his closest family members didn’t see it.

You aren’t civil and loving with your family and then horrific with the rest of humanity, right? They simply have to know. It’s very tragic.

Also noticed that only one of two sisters are standing up for him though it’s been reported both will be in court in his support today with their parents.
Maybe that’s just bad reporting (ABC) but in my mind could be good self preservation for his more career-minded sister.

I understand what your saying as I know someone who has a close relative in jail (life). She has not told any friends and is basically in denial.

Jmo

Idaho has an impressive Federal PD office.

BK has a federal burglary charge. First degree murder is a felony.
He will have excellent defense.

I wish the media had a better understanding of government. So much miscommunication.

All MOO...
This, right here, is why I come to this site. I learn so much.

All IMHO

I just hope the Daily Mail paid her enough to get a lawyer for her domestic violence charges

All IMHO

False

MOO...The case will be held in Federal Court. It becomes felony murder once BK crossed the state line to commit the act.

This will not be a federal case. Also, there is nothing about felony murder that relates to crossing state lines. It is a state level offense..

Last edited:
Do states not have a 'trespassing' crime?
That would be entering someone's home/property but not taking anything.
Most states I am aware of trespassing is normally for property, burglary is another level as it covers habitation. Burglary also normally has additional elements such as 'entry with the intent to commit a theft of felony there in' as it is a more serious crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member