ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DA, Mancuso, said in the presser, that getting a warrant to search the home and make an arrest in the middle of the night, REQUIRES a higher level of probable cause.
So I am tired and worked all day, so thank you for this!
I do not believe this statement he made is a fact that is solid and definitely think this tactic to inflate confidence in the arrest but IF this is true where in the legal world would the information on it be? What is the legal code or statue that makes this a thing? (for learning purposes)
Love always!

Is the Moscow Idaho Prosecutor, Bill Thompson going to prosecute the case against BK? I hope they bring in someone from Boise who has more experience.
In addition to overseeing both the criminal prosecution and civil legal functions of the Latah County Prosecutor’s office, Bill has assisted other jurisdictions as a Special Prosecutor and regularly provides training and advice to elected officials, law enforcement and other prosecutors on a variety of topics including ethics, new statutes and case law, trial and investigation skills, interagency cooperation and risk management.

A54BCB1A-D439-48AB-808A-9AE53BD511DB.jpeg

All MOO-

I can’t help but to keep wondering what the motive here was.

I’ve thought about this a great deal over the last week.

Was he just born a brutal murderer or did he do it just to see if he could after getting caught up and obsessed with murderers and killing through his research and decide he wanted to kill others from this? Was it mental illness triggered? Was it obsession based on envy? Did childhood and years of bullying play a part to knock him over the edge?

I’m interested to hear what others think motive is.

Me personally, after hearing more about him over the last week…. I’m curious if these brutal senseless murders were research and career based.

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out.

As we all know he went to Desales for undergrad and one of his teachers was famed author and expert Katherine Ramsland.

We know from interviews with friends he seems to have struggled to fit in and was bullied often and struggled socially.

He was proud of his intelligence.

Proud of his research and career plans. Took this very seriously.

What if he studied what launched Dr. Ramsland career and success. Was envious of her success and wanted to be just like her. She is respected in both academia and in the public for her expertise in criminology and knowledge of the mind of murderers and serial killers. Has worked first hand with some of the worlds most famous killers and researched and written about them.

Again, hear me out. MOO.

What if motive for BK is fast track fame and respect from peers, criminology academia and the world for his research and help in investigating the high profile brutal murder of 4 young college students.

What if he did this to become the expert on the case? No one could put the pieces together better than the man who committed the mirders.

No one could frame someone better than the person who committed the murders.

No one benefits from knowledge and expertise of these types of murders than a criminology PhD students who is striving to achieve the level of respect and admiration as his former professor. After years of bullying and lack of confidence.

Committing these murders and eventually working himself into the research of them could fast track his career goals. Help him achieve the respect and admiration he so badly desires.

Maybe after committing the murders he realized he forgot some important factors with his mistakes which led to his ultimate capture. But also made it impossible for him to insert himself in the case and research it to become the local case criminologist expert….

I know it sounds far fetched… but when trying to consider a reason for motive that could benefit him in any way… (leaving out the possibility he did it purely because he lacks a conscience and had a desire to kill for no reason, which is still highly possible)…

But something about him… tells me he did this for a reason.

Most murders do not start off with a quadruple homicide. Mass murderers wanting recognition yes.

So why wouldn’t he start off with just one person? If indeed he did it with just a desire to kill based off his obsession turned desire for murder?

For me there has to be something to the fact he started off with such a large scale brutal murder. (My feelings will change significantly if we learn this wasn’t his first time killing someone) but for now… with only knowledge of these being his first time killing… I cannot help to wonder why? Why so many people at once?

It will be interesting to find out what that reason was.

Please share your thoughts. Am I overthinking it, reaching too hard?
IMO... killer may not have expected Kaylee and Madisen to be in the same bed. Then the ruckus caused E & X to become more innocence. MOO sick souled killer was not as smart and prepared as he may have thought. Ramsland may have the taste of money, as well. So many repeat books - - - My opinion only (MOO) author working for the paycheck.

Respectfully, the cases I follow here have a lot of non-evidenciary-related commentary.

Rarely do I get a sense that members here do not respect "presumption of innocence" despite whatever critical things are said.

We gotta blow off steam somewhere. That doesn't mean we don't respect the system of justice with all of its inherent quirks we may take issue with or support.

Again, my 2 cents only
Right. Also there's no presumption of innocence among the public. There's no right to be loved and respected. There's no right to be believed. There's no right to be treated sweetly and gingerly on online message boards.

There's just the right that before the state can take away your liberty, you must be convicted of the crimes alleged beyond a reasonable doubt in open court by a jury of your peers. You have the right to confront witnesses that are being brought against you, the right to counsel to assist in your defense, and the right to review exculpatory evidence discovered by the state.

But nothing about people being mean online.

Is there a transcript somewhere? I can't hear everything being said:)
Try closed caption. Also, here is an article from TMZ. TMZ also has a shorter version on YT.

Police let them go with a verbal warning. BTW, during the stop, the cop asks where they're going, and they reply, Pennsylvania ... to which the cop says, "That's a long haul. Are you guys scared of airplanes?" The cop then laughs.

During the encounter, Kohberger's dad mentions a shooting near Washington State University, adding that's where his son went to school. A man had barricaded himself in an apartment near the University and threatened to kill his 2 roommates ... he died in a police shootout.

The Indiana State Police say just minutes before that traffic stop, the 2 men were stopped by a Deputy from the Hancock County Sheriff's Dept. ... and again they were released with a verbal warning.

I doubt there would be a BOLO without a plate number. Can you imagine a BOLO for every white Hyundai Elantra??

His plates were not from ID either.

Ah, but we had the plate number to send out on the BOLO!

If a BOLO was issued, it was done as soon as BK and Father began their trip back to PA.

JMVHO.

Yes, and let them off twice. It was certainly a sort of check in and he looks terrified while the father is pretty carefree.

I think that facial expression could easily range from petrified you’re going to be arrested for a quadruple homicide to annoyed that you’ve been pulled over for the second time in quick succession. I imagine it’s the former, but I’m not sure we can read too much into it.

I still feel this was not a coincidence. I'm thinking there may have been a "Be On The Lookout (BOLO) and approach with caution" issued for the white Hyundai.

I could be completely wrong; this is just a hunch.

ETA: @sleepingmonkey : We're on the same wavelength!

JMVHO.
I really doubt that. Very dangerous to stop this guy. I don't think Indiana LE had any idea. JMO.

In addition to overseeing both the criminal prosecution and civil legal functions of the Latah County Prosecutor’s office, Bill has assisted other jurisdictions as a Special Prosecutor and regularly provides training and advice to elected officials, law enforcement and other prosecutors on a variety of topics including ethics, new statutes and case law, trial and investigation skills, interagency cooperation and risk management.

View attachment 392118
Hope they bring in an out-of-state team (pro hac vice) Idaho, Oregon legal is too local. The best of the best is needed in this particular case (we must protect our youth!!!) Maybe they could be second chair, but guiding hand.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia
I just joined this group, so I'm a little behind. Sorry! But who is "Chris M?"

BK doesn't look at all pleased about being pulled over driving with his dad on this bodycam footage from LEO who pulled him over on the way back to PA from ID.
I see what looks like an injury to the bridge of his nose (a scratch or cut on the left side) and bruising under his eyes in this footage.
I see the remains of bruising under his eyes in the footage of him today in the courthouse.
I think one of his victims got in a good headbutt or punched him in the face trying to fend him off.
And he started growing facial hair shortly thereafter to help conceal any wounds or bruises to his face.
JMOO
ETA; He also could have had injuries to his hands, regardless of whether students/professors noticed anything different about his appearance after the killings when he returned to classes, other than him being extra quiet when they talked about the case & looking haggard, IIRC. All he had to do was keep his hands to himself/in his lap, and no one would be the wiser, especially without any reason to be checking him out up close at this point.
looks like a mark on his wrist but could be shadows.

Attachments

• F51A5DC9-95A9-486A-BF3C-F8EBEB61335D.jpeg
    F51A5DC9-95A9-486A-BF3C-F8EBEB61335D.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 67

Several months ago, Kohberger visited the Seven Sirens Brewing Company several times, harassing the women who worked there, owner Jordan Serulneck, 34, told NBC News.

Kohberger, who usually sat alone at the bar “observing and watching,” stood out for his interactions with employees and patrons, Serulneck said.

The brewery, which scans everyone’s IDs, has a system in which staff members can add notes or comments about a patron that will pop up on a screen whenever the ID is scanned again, Serulneck told the network.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,” he said.

Kohberger would ask women — staff or customers — who they were at the brewery with, and where they lived, Serulneck said. If the women weren’t interested, “he would get upset with them a little bit.”

In one instance, Seruneck recalled he called an employee a “b@#$%” when she declined to answer his questions.

Serulneck said he was forced to confront Kohberger during his final visit to the brewery.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues,’” Serulneck said he told the alleged murderer, who was stunned.

“He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. You totally have me confused.’”

Kohberger stayed for just one beer and then he never returned, Serulneck said.
That's a very handy system because the comments from employees are noted in real time. It's not a recollection from days or weeks after an encounter. So helpful for many, many reasons.

I think that facial expression could easily range from petrified you’re going to be arrested for a quadruple homicide to annoyed that you’ve been pulled over for the second time in quick succession. I imagine it’s the former, but I’m not sure we can read too much into it.
I would have his exact same expression being pulled over twice within minutes tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy